We are going to spend seven days traveling Illinois Route 66 from Chicago to St. Louis. While the total distance is only around 300 miles, the sights and experiences will feel like you’ve traveled 3 times as far. Join us, and learn what true Americana is all about!
- Saturday, June 24 - Tour Kickoff. Route 66 Kicks and Mix Cruise In at Just Off 66
- Sunday, June 25. Route 66, the beginning. Bus Tour to Chicago. Chicago Vintage Motor Carriage, Navy Pier, Beller Museum and more, lunch and dinner included.
- Monday, June 26 - Joliet, the City of Steel. Rialto Square Theater, Joliet Historical Museum, Joliet Prison
- Tuesday, June 27 - Historic Pontiac. Vintage gas stations, Route 66 Hall of Fame, Pontiac-Oakland Museum
- Wednesday, June 28 - Exploring Americana. McClean County Courthouse, David Davis Mansion, Atlanta. Evening Cookout at Knights Action Park
- Thursday, June 29 - Historic Carlinville OR Exploring Lincoln. Turkey Tracks, Million Dollar Courthouse, Anderson Mansion, Sears Homes. OR Lincoln Tomb/Museum, Dana-Thomas House, Our Lady of the Highway Includes dinner.
- Friday, June 30 - Crossing the Mighty Mississippi. Rabbit Ranch, Chain of Rocks Bridge, Kirberg Collection, Hyman’s. Includes lunch/dinner.
- Saturday, July 1 - Exploring St. Louis. Hunter Collection, Missouri History Museum, Museum of Transportation only
Corn, kitsch and kicks on Route 66!