General Discussion (299)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Head Gasket on 429 - If it were put on upside down, what would happen?

My newly rebuilt engine got hot immediately on first run. Did this 3 out of 3 tries, blew hose off first two times. It fails compression te…

Started by William R Conte

28 Nov 12, 2021

starter wire bracket

I am finishing up my motor on my 64 Deville . I can't see where the wiring bracket mounts that goes down to the starter. None of the pictur…

Started by Larry Rees

0 Nov 5, 2021

Let's Hear From Other 1963-64 Cadillac Website Members

Looking at our Website Member List we have 2,784 members, but often hear from the same 1/2 dozen members ... either as new posts and as rep…

Started by Jason Edge

5 Oct 31, 2021

heater hose

I am replacing my heater hoses and was wondering if anyone has found a replacement for the 1479723. Its the 3/4" hose that goes from the he…

Started by Larry Rees

9 Oct 31, 2021
Reply by Larry Rees

Website Specific Help Topics are at top of the 63/64 Cadillac Help Page!

I often get questions about how to post to forums, posting pictures, and other questions specifically related to using the website. It is d…

Started by Jason Edge

0 Oct 29, 2021

Caddy Cruising with the Family

I've had a great couple of weeks entertaining family since Oct 11, and the 64 Caddy has played a big part.  Knowing aunts and uncles and ma…

Started by Jason Edge

0 Oct 22, 2021

Front Dash Speaker

I want to replace the front dash speaker in my ‘64 De Ville Conv.  Do I really have to take the dash pad off, to access it from the top (As…

Started by Michael Vogler

15 Oct 12, 2021

Et2Brute and Parts Car #56

I've been super busy getting ready for a family get together next week and weekend, in honor of my mom that passed away back in January but…

Started by Jason Edge

0 Oct 9, 2021

Dash Grille - Adhesive?

This dash grille likes to vacation from the dashboard.  Is it properly secured with an adhesive and, if so, what adhesive?  If so, what typ…

Started by Chris McBride

2 Sep 22, 2021
Reply by Chris Codd

Leaky Windshield

Hey all, has anyone had their windshield removed and resealed successfully. I'm pretty skittish about having someone mess with my perfectly…

Started by Tom Bahner

4 Sep 17, 2021
Reply by Tom Bahner

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

My '64 Deville Radio Rebuilt and Upgraded.

Started by Michael Vogler in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony Prichard 1 hour ago. 7 Replies

My original '64 Devile radio has been rebuild and upgraded.  Can't wait to get in back in the car!https://youtu.be/DgYqoV290KwContinue

cornering lights

Started by Larry Rees in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony Prichard 1 hour ago. 17 Replies

Neither of my cornering lights are working. I started by focusing on drivers side. I removed the entire assembly and cleaned it up, replaced the wire to the socket, cleaned and lubricated the socket…Continue

1964 Cadillac Tilt steering wheel

Started by Doug Scarrow in For Sale 8 hours ago. 0 Replies

Just listed nice 1964 Cadillac steering wheel for tilt column https://www.ebay.com/itm/266781070358.      $150 plus $25 USA shippingContinue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge yesterday. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Blog Posts

Loud air moving sound within carb with cleaner removed

Posted by Dave Fehrle on March 23, 2024 at 3:23pm 8 Comments

While checking my Carter carb with engine running, I took the air cleaner off and there was a very loud hissing sound of air. I placed a piece of paper over the carb and it didn’t move up or down, is this normal?

Vintage Air AC

Posted by Chase on March 21, 2024 at 5:55am 0 Comments

Hey everyone, has anybody done a Vintage Air AC/Heat setup in their car? I want to bypass the old vacuum setup and go with a Vintage Air Gen 2 model. Before I get started, does anyone have any experience with this? (Which model to go with, do’s and dont’s, etc.) It looks pretty involved. Any and all info/pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

accumulator dryer

Posted by CHRIS CARLSON on December 6, 2023 at 10:54am 0 Comments

Who rebuilds original AC  accumulator dryers for 1964 Cadillac? I have been on Classic auto air in Tampa FL wait list for over a year ,  There is one on Old air products web site that looks very similar to the original # 21-4214A but states it fits 1962 Gm cars, The one recommended for a 1964 Cadillac is half the length 21-4215A    What  is everyone using ? I would prefer to be as original as possible. Thanks

'63 Eldorado trumpet horn + 2 standard horns restoration

Posted by Les Eastling on November 15, 2023 at 10:34am 1 Comment

My son, unbeknownst to me, had all three of the horns on our 1963 Eldorado completely restored. We had recently added the Eldorado trumpet horn to the two standard horns and the sound was not very good... we had heard good ones so we knew something was not right... but there was not much we could do to get better sound from the 3 horns. 

There is a restoration service called The Horn Works who my son…

Continue

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service