Restoration Discussion (324)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Trunk Cardboard Replacement

G'Day All I am restoring the trunk of my 63 Series 62 Convertible. Being in Australia has the challenge of very high freight costs.To impor…

Started by John McNamara

5 Aug 21, 2020
Reply by Tony and Ginny 429

tail light gasket

Hi, where I can buy those gaskets for tail lights and one that goes between chrome piece and body? Thank you, Paul

Started by paul k

2 Jul 29, 2020
Reply by John Serfling

How to change AC compressor shaft seal?

My AC compressor is leaking from the groove I marked with the little screwdriver. It is a broken shaft seal, correct? Where can I get a new…

Started by Christian Doerk

17 Jul 22, 2020
Reply by Christian Doerk

Embossed crest

Is there anyone that has the embossed crest on the armrest and rear seat? I can not find anyone. If not I will just have to make a stamp my…

Started by Robert

1 Jul 19, 2020
Reply by Jason Edge

63 power windows

About at my wits end!  Put drivers door window down and went for a ride this afternoon and when I got home I could not get any of the windo…

Started by Kenneth R Hudgins

18 Jul 16, 2020
Reply by Jason Edge

Door Panel Clips (Fastener Nails)

I recently disassembled the right door of my '63 convertible to do a bunch of maintenance and restoration on several of its components. The…

Started by Karl Schwarz

8 Jul 3, 2020
Reply by Karl Schwarz

floor

hi this part of floor is available new? I did not find on the net where I have to look for a used partthank you

Started by Planet-automobile

6 Jun 4, 2020
Reply by Tony and Ginny 429

bolts and hardware

where can i find new bolts and hardware to put my 63 back together thanks

Started by Bill Thielke

2 May 25, 2020
Reply by Jason Edge

1964 AC Video

Came across this Video put out by the 1964 Cadillac Service Department and it is amazing ! I am constantly leaning something new about my c…

Started by Joe DiIaconi

6 May 19, 2020
Reply by Joe DiIaconi

Crayon markings and markings in hoses

Hi everybody, hope you are healthy in this weird times. Is there any documentation out there which crayon markings was written on which pos…

Started by Christian Doerk

6 May 15, 2020
Reply by William R Conte

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Start up. 1st attempt

Started by Kim K Kaiser in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 6 hours ago. 21 Replies

No Description

Classic Cadillac Parts For Sale - Misc Items

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 9 hours ago. 234 Replies

I have posted a few Misc items over on my Classic Cadillac Parts Facebook page at…Continue

Tags: classic cadillac parts, classiccadillacparts

64 Horns

Started by John Inglesby in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge on Saturday. 1 Reply

I have 3 horns and the only one working is the bottom long one. The 2 round ones are not. I played around with the connections and they seem ok. I tried to check for power but not sure I was doing it…Continue

Compression test

Started by Michael Chomout in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by Karl Schwarz on Friday. 8 Replies

Dear Gents, just had time to dova compression test on the 429 engine by warming up the engine and removed all plugs and went through cranking without pouring oil into the cylinder since I want to…Continue

Blog Posts

63 Trunk detail

Posted by Bob Pontius on April 8, 2021 at 3:07pm 1 Comment

Jason, I liked the detail and information you have provided. I would like to do mine similar to yours. Can you help? Do you have trunk material? OPGI is sending the trunk product for my 63 Fleetwood. But it does cover the entire trunk as yours was done. If you do not have can you give me a reference? Thanks!! Bob

Car lift and jack stands

Posted by Les Eastling on March 23, 2021 at 10:00am 4 Comments

I mentioned during the 63/64 chapter zoom meeting on 3/21 that we had installed a car lift in our garage. Someone asked what kind and I didn't have the info at hand, so here is a link to it and also a link to some tall jack stands we use to add more stability to the car and an additional safety factor. There is something about getting underneath one of these cars that makes me a little nervous! …

Continue

Leaky Freeze Plug

Posted by Lee Martin on March 22, 2021 at 12:49pm 7 Comments

Just developed a significant leak coming from a freeze plug right over the starter.  Would this be considered a "cam plug" i.e. like Dorman 17616DS?  Our cars have multiple sizes of plugs on engine block and I want to get the right one.  Also, does anyone know how pricey this is for a shop to fix?  Thanks!

Balancer location

Posted by Kim K Kaiser on March 20, 2021 at 4:47pm 6 Comments

Readi g another thread. Does this look about right on balancer gap? Thats a 1/4 thick piece of metal.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2021   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service