Restoration Discussion (269)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

water control valve

Hi Is there anyone who can tell me where: water control valve: sitting on a 63?Maybe someone has a picture of where it is.Sincerely Kim

Started by Kim Kølle Nielsen

13 Jul 25, 2018
Reply by Jason Edge

NSS sliders new reproduction

Another Caddy Shack exclusive. A new remanufactured NSS slider for the 60-63 Cadillac. 25.00 plus shipping. Replace the slider and get tha…

Started by Russ Austin

1 Jul 24, 2018
Reply by Jason Edge

Wiring issue ~ dome/glovebox/trunk light circuit

Has anyone experienced an issue with this fuse, which also includes the cigarette lighter, continually blowing? Any suggestions would be ap…

Started by Stephen Gee

4 Jul 23, 2018
Reply by Tony and Ginny 429

63 front end suspension

I going to rebuild the front end on my series 62 1963 caddy. I have searched the web and found tons of parts. any suggestions on vendors? I…

Started by Dennis Mobley

4 Jul 15, 2018
Reply by Dennis Mobley

63 door handles, seat trim pieces after rechroming

Hi All,  My parents have had this car since before I was born and I'm having it restored in Nevada.  I had ALL the chrome pieces sent to b…

Started by Brooke Russo

2 Jul 13, 2018
Reply by Brooke Russo

Restoring a 64 Comfort Control system

Hello all, I have a 1964 Cadillac Sedan Deville that has been before a hand-me-down car in our family since 1976. Now, my dad and i have re…

Started by Nathaniel Kinney

6 Jun 30, 2018
Reply by Joe DiIaconi

Body - Sheet Metal Tolerances for the 1963 & 1964 Cadillac

I will add a link to these sheet metal tolerances from the Serviceman Bulletins to our Help Page. NOTE: Click Image to enlarge.

Started by Jason Edge

3 Jun 21, 2018
Reply by Chris

Floor Pans

Hello, Does anyone have access to a complete floor that goes on a 63 Convertible Cadillac? And what other floors are compatible? Will the…

Started by Tommy Nic

4 May 24, 2018
Reply by Cees de Bunje

Windshield trim removal.

Ok I am having a terrible time getting the trim off the windshield and rear window in order to install my new vinyl top. This is the tool I…

Started by Michael Long

5 May 21, 2018
Reply by Michael Long

Propeller Shaft - Constant Velocity Universal Joints repair

Had some weird vibration type / scraping noice from the rear axle. Replaced the wheel bearings last year but the sound still remained. Kne…

Started by Anders

7 May 11, 2018
Reply by Tony and Ginny 429

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Question: comfortable highway speed?

Started by Mark Geertsma in General Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 3 hours ago. 13 Replies

What is your preferred cruising speed on highways with your classic Cadillac? What I mean is the speed that allows for relatively quiet and comfortable cruising without slowing down other traffic.…Continue

Tags: speed, Highway

Stainless steel side trim

Started by Tony and Ginny 429 in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Charles Fares 10 hours ago. 2 Replies

Have you noticed the stainess steel side trim on the CDV the convertibles and other models in our years cars is in the-- EXACT PERFECT location to help prevent any damage happening to the paint on…Continue

Tags: trim, side, Stainless

1964 NOS fabric for sale

Started by Steven Aaron in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Steven Aaron 14 hours ago. 1 Reply

NOS Dark green cloth used in de Villes. 1-2/3 yards.Please text me is you are interested. $50 +shipping. Thanks, StevenContinue

Dealer Installed Options

Started by Ronnie Lay in General Discussion. Last reply by Kevin Campbell yesterday. 19 Replies

I just dragged a 64 Fleetwood home from a field in Texas and it has some options that are not on the ID tag. It has twilight sentinel, cruise control and a white painted top that are not noted on…Continue

Blog Posts

Flashers

Posted by Mike Petrey on January 13, 2019 at 12:25pm 7 Comments

Where do the flashers go in my 64 Deville Convert.  I'm thinking that's why both turn signals stopped working.

Source for Motor mounts and Trans mounts 1964 SDV

Posted by Norman Silverman on January 9, 2019 at 4:23pm 2 Comments

Hi.

Where is the best place to purchase good quality motor mounts/trans mounts for my 1964 SDV? I see that Rock Auto has them for $8 and change, and others for $24 and change. Big difference. Is there a better place to buy them from?

Thanks

Norm

Fuel loss in Carburetor

Posted by Ian Osborne on December 29, 2018 at 11:24pm 16 Comments

Lately if I haven't started my '63 in four or five days it seems that the carburetor has gone dry. The starter cranks for an extended period of time and the engine doesn't come close to firing. I have resorted to pouring a little fuel into the carb to save the starter and battery. This gets it started and it runs fine. It also starts fine after sitting a short while - a couple hours or so.

The fuel pump is new and there is always fuel in the glass bowl of the fuel filter. This, along…

Continue

interior

Posted by John Rueff on December 19, 2018 at 4:24pm 3 Comments

I would like to upholster my caddy back to original.   Does anyone know where I can look at some pictures or photos.  Also, how hard is it to remove the dash?  thanks

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service