1963/64 Cadillac Chapter December 2018 Newsletter Posted

I have just completed and posted the December 2018, 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Newsletter to our newsletter page at www.newsletters.6364Cadillac.com.
You can also access it by clicking on  December 2018 Newsletter.

This newsletter includes:

- My Director's Message
- Chapter Updates
- Calendar of CLC Events
- 2019 Judge's Workshop Details
- 2019 Grand National Details & Updates
- Stats & Facts: Original Tires & Rims Revisited
- Member Spotlight: John Patterson's 1964 Coupe de Ville

- Member Classifieds

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Having just received my print copy and diving into the magazine last night, I wanted to post a quick initial review regarding the "Auto Restorer" magazine I referenced in the December Newsletter and just say it is excellent. It is not a glossy magazine with all the glam shots of the cars but a truly hands on how to magazine on how to restore things. The first article I read jumped into finding old bearings and seals and such for a 53 Dodge pickup truck rear axle and brake project, and detailed how they used the RockAuto.com website and other sources to cross reference parts #’s, then use multiple other sources to actually find the part. It included business names, address, phone numbers, etc. It also listed original parts and aftermarket part # in table form. It noted incorrect item, returning them, alternate sources, and just the laundry list of things we actually go through when we try to restore or replace something. I was really impressed.  It is a cut to the chase type magazine for auto restoration that has no advertising or fluff you see in many of the other magazine.   I give this one two thumbs Way Up!

Okay you sold me a subscription, or at least convinced me to try it for a year.

$31.99 incl S/H for 12 issues sent to Sweden.

Auto Restorer

Good deal. I will hopefully kick back and read the rest of my print copy tomorrow. I really love the frank, cut to the chase articles.. and not having to thumb through page and pages of advertising.

I just finished my January issue and really enjoyed the magazine. I found myself completely immersed in everything. It is only 32 pages but has no advertising and no fluff!  Even though there were no Cadillacs in this month's issue, each article was very applicable, as they all go through the same steps we use on our Cadillacs. Some of the articles, such as the guide to making your own gaskets reminded me how easy it is to make most gaskets and love the ball-peen hammer trick they noted.  I am really looking forward to this magazine each month.

As I have finished this issue of Auto Restorer, I just received my Jan 2019 Self-Starter, Hemmings Classic Cars, and This Old House... so I have plenty of ready to keep me busy while I'm either on the mend with my leg or hobbling around trying to jump start my house addition project! 

I shared this to the CLC forums and thought I would share here...

How true is this regarding Used vs New Parts?
Reading another article in my January 2019  Auto Restorer magazine, I read the following and thought how true is this:

“Still, I was hesitant to replace them.  It wasn’t just a matter of cost.  I was more concerned that any modern replacements I’d get would be of inferior quality.  This is a dilemma I’ve faced before.  Do you go with perhaps slightly worn, but superior quality, older part or replace with a new, but potentially lower quality, piece?”

Exactly! I am always looking for NOS suspension pieces. The new rubber bushings are junk.  Water pumps are low quality.

I can add to Russ's list -very short lived mechanical fuel pumps and some temp sending units being sold
I know the info regarding what to use and what not to use regarding replacement parts is in the library of store posts on this website or you can just ask when needed to get the brands that hold up better for the long haul
This is the place to get the right answer to ANYTHING 63-64 CADILLAC ---Period !!
For just asking

Enjoy

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 28 minutes ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

WTB power steering pump pulley

Started by Chris Codd in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Chris Codd 7 hours ago. 2 Replies

My power steering belt pulley sheered the woodruff key off the pump shaft and is pretty wrecked. Does anybody have a pulley for sale? Or the whole pump and pulley together?

Mystery Shake???

Started by Ron Collins in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Ron Collins 11 hours ago. 2 Replies

Hello All,Jumped into the mobile after a long winters nap and she shakes!! at or above speeds of about foury mph she shakes like the wheels are out of balance, so I had them rebalanced, still the…Continue

64 Convertible rear seat back

Started by tom servas in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion 11 hours ago. 0 Replies

Hello , I am re- installing the rear seats in our 64 Convertible and looking for verification of how high/low to install the seat back. Can anyone show a photo of their rear  (upright portion) seat…Continue

Blog Posts

Cadillac Returns to its Roots Under New Leadership

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on May 1, 2019 at 12:30am 3 Comments

Cadillac’s new boss says they should stop trying to build BMWs and go back to building Cadillacs again.

What do you think? 

https://carbuzz.com/news/cadillac-finally-admits-what-everyone-knew-for-years

Radiator And Shrouds

Posted by Dominic Salemi on April 24, 2019 at 3:36pm 1 Comment

Hello

Anyone have a decent radiator and shrouds and hardware for a 1964 Cadillac deville. I have an alum. radiator and I'm deciding on to fix it or back to the original one. If I fix it I won't need parts.

Thanks

64 Recirc/Fresh Air Door Actuator replaced; FROM THE INSIDE.

Posted by Norman Silverman on February 4, 2019 at 11:21pm 8 Comments

I am happy to report that I have successfully replaced the Fresh Air/Recirc door actuator that is located on the blower box-and have done so without having to remove the blower box. I did it by taking out the glove box and attacking it from the back.  It took several days, LOTS of patience and some band-aids, but it is done. THE most difficult part -BY FAR- is to remove and then replace the screw that sits on the actuator arm, connecting it to the fresh…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service