1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Spotlighted in the May Self-Starter

The 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter is spotlighted on pages 12-16 in the May issue of Cadillac & LaSalle Club Self-Starter magazine.  If you have a membership level that provides online access to the Self-Starter, it is available right now.  Several member Cadillacs are included in the article, and others are available from a link provided in the article.  Special thanks to Chapter Liaison Bob Crimmins, Self-Starter Editor Steve Stewart and Art Director Tim Coy.  And thanks to all of you for making this a Great Chapter!
Jason.  

Views: 344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tony, you are just missing out on so many benefits of not being a CLC and Chapter Member. As always, I encourage you to join the club... and be an active member. Here is a reminder of some of the benefits of membership:

Below is a list of benefits when you join the CLC (Cadillac & LaSalle Club) NOTE: You must be a member of the CLC in order to join the 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter!

CLC MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS

• The Award-Winning Magazine: This award-winning "The Self-Starter" is filled with interesting articles submitted by members, mechanical tips and advice; cars, parts, and literature for sale/wanted; regional projects; historical accounts; member car features and Cadillac-factory updates.

• National Events and Tours: Grand National Meets and Driving Tours are held annually in different locations and include social events, judging, seminars, tours, swap meets, and an awards banquet. 

• Museum and Research Center: Members of the CLC are automatically members of the CLC Museum. The Museum provides access to historical data, factory publications, and vital data contributed in order to preserve Cadillac's history and heritage. 

• Website: The CLC website is your gateway to Cadillacs and LaSalles on the Internet. The main Club site opens a vista of historical and current information and is where you'll find all of the latest news about the Club. Our online message board (forum) is the largest of its type in the Cadillac hobby. 

• Authenticity Manuals: These indispensable manuals are published to help members with the idiosyncrasies and correctness of restoring their Cadillac-built automobile.

• Local Clubs: As a member you are also eligible to join local CLC Regions, Chapters and Affiliates all over the world! 

• Membership Directory: One of the most comprehensive membership directories in the hobby lists all members, their automobiles, and their location, plus engine/model serial numbers, production numbers, judging classifications, award winners, model year specific technical resources, etc.

• Join a local Region or Chapter, including our award winning 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter!

Click Here to join the Cadillac & LaSalle Club

Well... you can have your Cadillac Fun vicariously through me, especially when I land in Texas in June and hang out with  hundreds of other Cadillac Enthusiasts in a sea of spectacular Cadillacs and LaSalles, or go to the dozen plus meet-ups this year with our Carolina CLC Region members.  For the rest of you that like to share that comradery and see the cars in person, come join the  fun!  I'll even leave the front porch light on and the door unlocked.... so come on in! je 

We're going to be chapter members soon.

When I joined on here a while back, the wife was paying my CLC membership, but she joined me up for the Australian one rather than the US one. DOH.

The Aussie one just doesn't do it for me i'm afraid. About as useful as a pergola on a submarine.

Probably get it all sorted in few months when we visit. (See ya soon Boss)

I can see a massive amount of benefits to being a member.

I also have to say it will be a shame that non members will not see the story. It was by far the most ambitious write-up I have ever attempted in terms of covering all aspects of our Chapter. 
Topics in the article include Our Mission, Why Form a Chapter?, Instant Connectivity via the Internet!, An Open and Inclusive Chapter, Our Newsletter, 1963 and 1964 Cadillacs - Refined, Distinctive, Classic!, The Back Story, Chapter Formation, and Chapter Structure.
I should also note that our Chapter is also the first of a series on CLC Chapters to be featured in the Self-Starter!

If the write up is about this web site, why would you not post it for the members to read?

It is not about the website, it is about the Chapter.  Our website, just like our Facebook Page, YouTube Channel, newsletters, merchandise, etc., is just one component of our Chapter. The article is published in the May Cadillac & LaSalle Club Self-Starter and every CLC member will get the opportunity to read in detail about our Chapter Story!  

Just to add, I do believe a website is a critical component to a successful Chapter. In light of the fact that some CLC Chapters do not even have a website, I have even gone so far as to suggest to the CLC board that it should be a requirement for approval for any new Chapter.  Now that I am an elected member of the board, perhaps I will have a louder voice to that end.

Finally, here is one quote from my article I will share which I think sums up my thoughts on Chapters and websites nicely:

"It is paramount that Chapters establish a strong online presence and have a robust, interactive website, where their members can come together and have their "virtual meetups" and share their passion and information. The technology is there… we just have to use it!"

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Cadillac Original Ads - 1964 Standard Ads

Started by Jason Edge in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 14 hours ago. 25 Replies

Just as I had done last December with the standard 1963 Cadillacs magazine ads, I have started scanning my 1964 Cadillac Ads, and will post here one by one, then combine into a single photo album and…Continue

Speedo Cable lubricant

Started by Logan Robb in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Logan Robb Mar 12. 4 Replies

Eventually I’ll replace the speedo cable if needed but I believe the dash will need to come out to do that. However, shortly, I will be replacing the transmission on my 64 Fleetwood and I was…Continue

63 Exhaust Hanger Mystery

Started by Mike Travers in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Robert Alan Shannon Mar 12. 1 Reply

I'm in the process of installing a stainless steel single exhaust from Classic Exhaust on my '63 Coupe de Ville. I'm running into a mystery regarding my middle exhaust bracket. I have the bracket…Continue

Yaw bumpers

Started by Ron Perry in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge Mar 10. 11 Replies

I have sent 2 photos of the Transmission yaw bumpers (side mounts) It appears they only touch the trans bellhousing on the very edge. Is that the correct position? Does not seem right to me but I…Continue

Blog Posts

accumulator dryer

Posted by CHRIS CARLSON on December 6, 2023 at 10:54am 0 Comments

Who rebuilds original AC  accumulator dryers for 1964 Cadillac? I have been on Classic auto air in Tampa FL wait list for over a year ,  There is one on Old air products web site that looks very similar to the original # 21-4214A but states it fits 1962 Gm cars, The one recommended for a 1964 Cadillac is half the length 21-4215A    What  is everyone using ? I would prefer to be as original as possible. Thanks

'63 Eldorado trumpet horn + 2 standard horns restoration

Posted by Les Eastling on November 15, 2023 at 10:34am 1 Comment

My son, unbeknownst to me, had all three of the horns on our 1963 Eldorado completely restored. We had recently added the Eldorado trumpet horn to the two standard horns and the sound was not very good... we had heard good ones so we knew something was not right... but there was not much we could do to get better sound from the 3 horns. 

There is a restoration service called The Horn Works who my son…

Continue

Clock ‘64 DeVille

Posted by Matt Vander Hooven on July 23, 2023 at 7:36pm 2 Comments

Is there still a member in the Detroit area that refurbishes clocks?

Matt VH

Spark Plug Heat Range

Posted by Patrick Westphal on July 7, 2023 at 10:00am 1 Comment

I found a diagram that illustrates the main factor in determining a spark plug heat range that I was trying to describe to you during the chapter get together.

Here it is:

The main factor is the length of the ceramic insulator from the middle of the spark plug to the tip (where the spark happens)  

The insulator…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service