On the 1964 Cadillac Comfort Control System I know that if you slide the bar over to position one that's fully automatic, then if you slide it over one more position that's high fan. If you slide it over to the third position that's defrost, what is the fourth position for?

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Page 13-19 in manual:

Bro thank you very much! Succinct accurate and extremely helpful.

I'm a truck driver and sometimes these thoughts and questions come to me while I'm driving and for some reason they don't when I'm home LOL

Joe D

I find that -- writing a note to yourself --when you have those thoughts works for me and i then get to tend to the thought when the time is right
It does help me -- get her done !!

Enjoy
Joe D

I find that -- writing a note to yourself --when you have those thoughts works for me and i then get to tend to the thought when the time is right
It does help me -- get her done !!

Enjoy

Thank you Tony, I like it.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 4 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Interesting tale... at least, i think it is.

Started by Kevin Campbell in General Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 8 hours ago. 5 Replies

A good mate of mine mows the grass for an elderly couple a few miles away. The other day, while at the back door receiving his payment, he noticed the picture of a 1964 Cadillac on the wall.My mate…Continue

painting 1963 cadillac

Started by paul k in Restoration Discussion 18 hours ago. 0 Replies

How  much paint do I need to buy to paint 1963 cadillac sedan deville 4 door?Continue

Blog Posts

Brakes Went Out

Posted by Christopher Codd on August 8, 2018 at 8:25am 18 Comments

My '64 Cadillac DeVille had been sitting for awhile while I was travelling this summer and when I came home it had some issues starting. After replacing the plugs and the ignition coil, it was running better than it had in a long time but the brakes were sticking. I noticed the brake pedal was traveling a little farther than usual when slowing down. Soon after I noticed a hissing noise coming from around the brake pedal. Then I lost the brakes pretty much completely. I couldn't find any…

Continue

Tom and Dwight's excellent 64 Fleetwood tales

Posted by Norman Silverman on July 29, 2018 at 2:52pm 1 Comment

Wow, what a great recitation of events-and what a magnificent restoration. 

Thanks for providing a most pleasurable read.

Norm

Comfortron AC trouble shooting

Posted by Norman Silverman on July 23, 2018 at 8:54pm 5 Comments

OK, here we go.....

I got the book to troubleshoot the system. INDISPENSABLE to this effort. 

As I do a cursory exam, I see that the AC RECIRC SOLENOID is Cracked (the WHITE one in the engine compartment coming out of the HVAC body with two vacuum hoses on it). I tried to patch it up (cracked all around the base), but it does not look like it will hold. 

PLEASE TELL ME THAT REPLACING THIS PART IS NOT AS DIFFICULT AS I THINK IT IS, But I think it is a bear to…

Continue

A/C Issue / Stumped !

Posted by Dana G Cooper on July 23, 2018 at 6:29pm 37 Comments

My 63 CDV factory A/C was trash so I replaced every part in the system and converted to R134 . I also installed a STV bypass kit which eliminated the STV all together and converted the system to a cycling system.  I vacumed and charged the system with 36oz of 134. The system is cycling as it should and the pressures are right at 250 high side, cycle off at 25lbs and cycle back on at about 35lbs. It is making plenty of water on the low side hoses and evaporator drain. There is very good air…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service