i just picked up a 63’ sedan and the last owner let the motor freeze and I’m going to install an LS. All is for sale I can ship large items on pallet or smaller items via UPS. 

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

G'day Steve, be nice to see a step by step guide as you go.

Welcome aboard and remember, we like pics, lots and lots of pics.

LS is a great way to go! I put an LS6 from an '06 Corvette into a '64 Impala and never looked back.  Nice to see another resto-mod project about to start, good luck!

what did you use for exahust manifolds, and fuel pump. id like to put one in the tank but didn't know how much trouble that would be?

Well since mine went into a Chevy, things were a little easier as Eckler's Late Great Chevy sells an installation kit for full size Chevs.  Speedway Motors in Nebraska has two pages in their catalog dedicated to the LS engines where you can find headers (that's where I got mine), fuel pumps, etc. I used and external hi volume electric fuel pump mounted just outside the tank.  There is also a website called ls1tech.com that has a forum very much like this one with dedicated and knowledgeable fans that are very quick to help one another. 

good deal thanks, i guess i assumed all of the X frames were the same but thats probably not the case. i'll look at those sites and see what the offer thanks. what did you do for A/C I'd like to leave as much of the original as possible. as they let the motor freeze i'm going to install a new heater core just as a matter of course. but can the POA valve stay and re-calibrate it? i've seen some info to that effect on chevelles ect

My car was "heat only" so there was no AC system to contend with. I was able to plumb the heater hoses directly to the core as was done in '64. This made it easy when installing the serpentine system too since I was able to omit the AC components. Plus it saved room in the engine compartment. 

LS6 = A Chinese satellite guided munition similar to American JDAM, only with more range, as it is a glide bomb.

LS6

Hahaha, she ran fast enough to go into orbit that's for sure!

Get one of these an you will have fun with your LS6:

http://fitechefi.com/products/ultimate-ls/ultimate-ls-kit-for-ls1ls...

They also have some smart fuel delivery systems.

Funny you should mention that system, I am going to put on one a '66 Chevrolet Corvair this summer, just waiting for the weather to break.  That means the month of May here in northern Indiana.

Anders, was your photo in the last issue of the Cadillac/LaSalle Club magazine?  Just wondering, I saw an interesting piece about a Cadillac meet in Europe and low and behold there was an "Anders" in one of the photos.

Sorry, no wasn't me. There are many Anders in Scandinavia. And if you think about it, the very common name Andersson actually means Anders son. My daughter can legally take the name Andersdottir (meaning Anders daughter).

Donald Duck in Danish is Anders And... Glad I'm Swedish.

For a minute there I thought we had a celebrity on our hands. Guess the search for the mystery Anders continues. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 4 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Interesting tale... at least, i think it is.

Started by Kevin Campbell in General Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 8 hours ago. 5 Replies

A good mate of mine mows the grass for an elderly couple a few miles away. The other day, while at the back door receiving his payment, he noticed the picture of a 1964 Cadillac on the wall.My mate…Continue

painting 1963 cadillac

Started by paul k in Restoration Discussion 18 hours ago. 0 Replies

How  much paint do I need to buy to paint 1963 cadillac sedan deville 4 door?Continue

Blog Posts

Brakes Went Out

Posted by Christopher Codd on August 8, 2018 at 8:25am 18 Comments

My '64 Cadillac DeVille had been sitting for awhile while I was travelling this summer and when I came home it had some issues starting. After replacing the plugs and the ignition coil, it was running better than it had in a long time but the brakes were sticking. I noticed the brake pedal was traveling a little farther than usual when slowing down. Soon after I noticed a hissing noise coming from around the brake pedal. Then I lost the brakes pretty much completely. I couldn't find any…

Continue

Tom and Dwight's excellent 64 Fleetwood tales

Posted by Norman Silverman on July 29, 2018 at 2:52pm 1 Comment

Wow, what a great recitation of events-and what a magnificent restoration. 

Thanks for providing a most pleasurable read.

Norm

Comfortron AC trouble shooting

Posted by Norman Silverman on July 23, 2018 at 8:54pm 5 Comments

OK, here we go.....

I got the book to troubleshoot the system. INDISPENSABLE to this effort. 

As I do a cursory exam, I see that the AC RECIRC SOLENOID is Cracked (the WHITE one in the engine compartment coming out of the HVAC body with two vacuum hoses on it). I tried to patch it up (cracked all around the base), but it does not look like it will hold. 

PLEASE TELL ME THAT REPLACING THIS PART IS NOT AS DIFFICULT AS I THINK IT IS, But I think it is a bear to…

Continue

A/C Issue / Stumped !

Posted by Dana G Cooper on July 23, 2018 at 6:29pm 37 Comments

My 63 CDV factory A/C was trash so I replaced every part in the system and converted to R134 . I also installed a STV bypass kit which eliminated the STV all together and converted the system to a cycling system.  I vacumed and charged the system with 36oz of 134. The system is cycling as it should and the pressures are right at 250 high side, cycle off at 25lbs and cycle back on at about 35lbs. It is making plenty of water on the low side hoses and evaporator drain. There is very good air…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service