My AC blower has been making a little noise on and off. I thought, it might have been a bit of leaf litter in there until today.

I think I have a bearing in the blower motor going to lunch. I'll have a read up on the good book tonight for the removal instructions etc.

Anything I should be aware of before I start ripping out stuff and throwing it all on the floor. LOL :-)

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With Tony's sense of humour, its a wonder Ginny hasn't turned Tony into an angel.

Now that's funny!

So imagine ---what would happen if i didn't ---Love You Guys !!!

Enjoy

Hey, now this is pretty interesting.

Lets go back just over a year ago: My A/C guy was gassing me up and asked for full fan speed. I replied, that is full fan speed and we gassed away. I've never owned a 64 Cadillac before and quite frankly, while it wasn't mind blowing, it was working ok-ish.

Then a while back, on a really stinker of a hot day, I found if I flipped the quarter vent windows open, it gave a bit more flow through speed.

Then, around 2 or 3 months ago, the blower fan would make a slight noise, like it had a leaf stuck in there that would foul on the fan once and a while. It was getting a little more pronounced over the last couple of weeks until yesterday, when I thought it had collapsed a bearing.

I took the Fleetwood for a short, maybe 3 or 4 mile drive just now, and it has way more air flow than before. I can't help but think, the fan has been slipping on the shaft for a while, until it finally got really loose and started making a God Damn racket.

I'm feeling pretty chuffed now.

Hey Tony, tell Ginny, I know a really good way she can bump you off and it will look like an accident. 

Kevin, are you now talking about Jason's bank shaft and Ginny pushing Tony into it?

Kevin, pull your glovebox out and and check that the power servo arm is at full a/c position. If you have a slight vacuum leak at the transducer it will allow the system to go into low fan speed and not full fan speed. It will also allow the heat to partially come on to balance the system. Even though the controller at the driver is calling for full a/c. This is all caused by a slight leak of vacuum to the power servo past the transducer. 

I'm fairly sure I've got full fan speed now, but I will check it this morning. Thanks Clovis.

Ha ha ha Anders, you might just be on to something there.

Kevin,

First look with almost everything on the ‘64 is go over vacuum lines- starting with the long one that feeds from the reserve tank to the control unit behind the glove box. For a 2 dollar piece of hose you might save yourself a weekend of unnecessary work. 

Nobody expected these cars to be around this long and not to get driven every few days. 

Best way to keep your beautiful Fleetwood in ship shape is to drive it.  

Kevin

You are forgetting i am the one who is related to the Mafia families
Not just any Mafia family but the one that runs the whole show
Bada Boom Bada Bing --LOL !

So your suggestion for Ginny would not hold up well around here
I might have to contast my Austraiia branch if you keep it up -- PMSL !

Enjoy

Tony, the MAFIA will have no chance when they go up against an Aussie who's as mad as a cut snake.

Bring it on I say, bring it on. LOL

Now thats funny !!! --And a big part of why i can ENJOY myself as much as i do

Enjoy

Anyone have a schematic for vaccum lines?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Where to get brake booster and master cylinder rebuilt

Started by Chris Gill in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 52 minutes ago. 23 Replies

Hi folks,I'm new to Cadillacs so bear with me if this question has already been answered but I did a search of the forum and couldn't find an answer.It appears I have an original master cylinder…Continue

Classic Cadillac Parts For Sale - Misc Items

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 52 minutes ago. 149 Replies

I have posted a…Continue

Tags: classic cadillac parts, classiccadillacparts

Bypassing the suction throttle valve

Started by Russ Austin in General Discussion 2 hours ago. 0 Replies

Cant find the post where the suction throttle valve was bypassed with an adjustable part.   What was it?Continue

1962 CADILLAC COUPE 62 SERIES SHARP CAR

Started by DanielAndrew in For Sale. Last reply by Dave Schneider 11 hours ago. 7 Replies

1962 CADILLAC COUPE 62 SERIES SHARP CAR On Ebay…Continue

Blog Posts

64 Recirc/Fresh Air Door Actuator replaced; FROM THE INSIDE.

Posted by Norman Silverman on February 4, 2019 at 11:21pm 8 Comments

I am happy to report that I have successfully replaced the Fresh Air/Recirc door actuator that is located on the blower box-and have done so without having to remove the blower box. I did it by taking out the glove box and attacking it from the back.  It took several days, LOTS of patience and some band-aids, but it is done. THE most difficult part -BY FAR- is to remove and then replace the screw that sits on the actuator arm, connecting it to the fresh…

Continue

Flashers

Posted by Mike Petrey on January 13, 2019 at 12:25pm 7 Comments

Where do the flashers go in my 64 Deville Convert.  I'm thinking that's why both turn signals stopped working.

Source for Motor mounts and Trans mounts 1964 SDV

Posted by Norman Silverman on January 9, 2019 at 4:23pm 4 Comments

Hi.

Where is the best place to purchase good quality motor mounts/trans mounts for my 1964 SDV? I see that Rock Auto has them for $8 and change, and others for $24 and change. Big difference. Is there a better place to buy them from?

Thanks

Norm

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service