I've got some stuff coming from Rubber the Right Way, including the seat belt instructions tag.

Where is the correct place for it? Yes, Tony, Clovis and Anders, I know it goes on the friggin seat belt. LOL :-)  but which one?

Second thing is, the GM Heritage Centre has sent me my build sheet for free, as its scanned badly.

The outlet code, would be the dealership that sold it? The code is, 765019. "Help please"

We were order # 53 which matches the Chassis markings etc,so all good there and we were a 25th of March build date, which corresponds with the ID tag, it was a 4th week of March 64.

Our body # is 11624, so i'm assuming that means, of the 14,550 Fleetwood's built for that year, we were the 11,624th Fleetwood off the assembly line? 

Under the heading "Style", we are an "M" and the following car was the same. Does M code to Fleetwood?

I can make heads and tails out of most of it etc, but if the Gurus, Jason and Russ can help..... please.

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark is spot on, that's the one I have coming (Along with other stuff) for the seat belts.

I do need to check the belts now for the labels Russ was referring to.

Hey Clovis, what's your body number and i'll check it against my build sheet, just in case you're on it.... you never know, you could be lucky.

I've spoken with the heritage centre regarding the outlet codes, but no luck, as they say they have no reference to the code numbers.

Maybe its just me, but I love having the history of the cars life.

There are seat belt label tags on our - Seat and Seatbelt Illustrations and Pictures    Help Page. I will add a few more.
Here are a couple already on the Help Page:
64 Seat Belt Set March 26, 2011

64 Front Seat belt Set oct 23, 2011 (1)

1964 CDV Seat Belt Tag (2)

Have I got sticker on the air cleaner too low, I measured the position of the old one before we painted it months ago and it is where the old one was, but it seems a bit low to me? 

I also chased some information from Mr Tom Hall from the main CLC forum and I now know, our car was never sold in L.A., but was sold at this place and i'll quote what Tom sent me.

""For 1964 model year, 765019 represents Visalia Motor Sales, 212-214 East Acequia Street, Visalia, California. 
The business name and address are from a 1964 telephone directory.""

This makes perfect sense, as the 1st/original owner only lived 33.1 miles away. Geez, that bit really completes the entire history now, from day one to today.

That made me smile today......

The air cleaner housing sticker the have been selling for at least 20 years are a bit smaller than the original sticker. Regardless, the 64 air cleaner sticker was placed slightly above the vertical center. When I installed mine I just installed it slightly above center. Here is an original 64 air cleaner with sticker for reference:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Rear axle - special transportation device

Started by Anders in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

Needed to replace my rear axle as the old made some weird noice even after replacing the wheel bearings. So in the fall I got another rear axle. Had it blasted and painted and been ready for install…Continue

Tags: axle, rear, tool

She's Almost Done!

Started by Mark Borer in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by Michael Long 3 hours ago. 37 Replies

Hey guysThe convertible finally has some color on it!!Hoping I have it back sometime early next weekThen the long process of putting it back togetherHope you like the picsMarkContinue

Original jack locations

Started by Eli in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Anders 8 hours ago. 1 Reply

As I restore this wonderful car, headaches and gaps in knowledge arise that many of you may take for granted. Where might I find pictures of the jack locations on the bumpers and close ups of the…Continue

1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Spotlighted in the May Self-Starter

Started by Jason Edge in Chapter Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 21 hours ago. 9 Replies

The 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter is spotlighted on pages 12-16 in the May issue of Cadillac & LaSalle Club Self-Starter magazine.  If you have a membership level that provides online access to the…Continue

Tags: Starter, spotlight, Self, Chapter, Cadillac

Blog Posts

Oil Stick lenght

Posted by Florentin loic on April 4, 2018 at 5:46am 2 Comments

Hi every one,

After a long time rebuilding my 63 convertible, i finaly get on the road.

A question if anyone can help me. Can somebody tell me the lenght of the motor oil stick.

the cap was probably broken and welded by the old owner. but i m not sure it's in the right place

i put the right amount of oil in motor, but for the weekly maintenance i would like to do two mark "full and add oil"

So i need the lenght from de cap to the two mark

Thanks a…

Continue

For sale: 1963 Cadillac front center impact bar $100 + shipping

Posted by Lee Martin on April 3, 2018 at 2:12pm 0 Comments

Offering this newly re-chromed 1963 Cadillac front center impact bar for sale, $100 plus whatever it costs to ship it from Detroit to your location.  

The unit fits perfect on driver's side but does not sit flush on passenger side.  I am told someone needs to take a wooden block and hammer and bang the passenger side lower corner in to make it fit right.  If you know how to do this stuff, this is the piece for you.

Email themidnighthour.tv@gmail.com with any questions.…

Continue

429 Cadillac Rod Bolts

Posted by Dave Fundaburg on March 22, 2018 at 8:19pm 1 Comment

Does anybody know of a source for new rod bolts for the 429 or are we stuck with what we have any information would be appreciated. Thanks

seat belts

Posted by dan mcnatty on March 17, 2018 at 4:35pm 3 Comments

I am installing front seat belts in 63 coupe the holes were already in floor but I do not know how to route inner belts it appears they go through seat in middle?did not find how to remove center armrest on seat  are openings there or do you cut into seat? any help or pictures would be great dan

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service