Always Love Finding Pictures of the Cadillacs with my Dad In Them

I was just scrolling through some old pictures of the 64 Cherry Red Sedan de Ville I use to own and noticed my dad in the background of the 1st picture below and thought, we sure had some  great times bringing in all those Cadillacs.  I've got a ton of pictures as I was bringing the driver cars and parts cars in and need to go back and scan them in as I know there are many more with my dad. The 2nd picture is one I had previously posted and was taken in Nov 1997, just over 1 year from the time I bought 'Dino' my 64 CDV. It is like someone opened the Cadillac Faucet and they started pouring out! LOL We sure had some fun.

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Jason, is ya Dad still with us?

Kevin, As noted in the Sept 2017 Newsletter where I spotlighted my first parts car and included details about my dad, he died in 2005 from a heart catheterization that went terribly wrong. He was my partner in crime regarding the old Cadillacs and sure do miss him.

I didn't recall reading that Jason, I know doubt, did read it, just couldn't remember it.

My own Dad passed away back in 1996..... so long ago now. My Mum however, will be 96 in August and is still going pretty good.

I enjoy seeing your old car shots..... keep 'em coming please.

Nothing finer than a yard full of Six Four Fins.

Your dad kinda looks like Elvis there. Does that have anything to do with your Elvis thing? lol

Yeah, dad had the black hair and even had more of the 50’s greaser look when he was younger, but it was mom that turned me on to Elvis. She had been hearing this Elvis on the radio in 56 when she was 13 and said when she finally saw him on his 1st Ed Sullivan appearance, she said he was so good looking she just stood there and shook and cried. The rest was history. Must have been tough being that talented and good looking.

The Elvis hair look ( hair slicked back with big side burns ) much like the later Beatles  very long hair look became a sign of there time due to the effect it had on  the social style of there times 

That first Ed Sullivan show that Elvis did with TV in its infancy did so very much to expose who he was to so very many people all at one time ( not possible before TV ) 

Hearing him sing was one thing - ( what a voice ) watching him move that body was another 

These were very very conservative times sexually so his physical jiration were something no one had seen before him in a public performance 

My entire family would sit in front of the 13 inch Dumont TV on a Sunday night to watch the Ed Sullivan variety show for such a very long time ( a family bonding time ) 

The thing with Elvis was he had such great appeal to the very young and the very old make his fan base so amazingly large and so very dedicated to him

I loved him as a teenager but so did my parents and grand parents 

My Grandfather played Elvis on his record player in our house  6 months before he was on Ed Sullivan as he got his records at the country music store that he went to as he like that kind of music then 

Yes I wore my hair like his then and like the Beatles later 

American Rock and Roll at its best 

Thankyouverymuch !!!

Enjoy 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

TURBO HYDRAMATIC

Started by STEPHEN HORWATH in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 1 hour ago. 14 Replies

I JUST ACQUIRED A 64 DEVILLE TURBO HYDRAMATIC TRANSMISSION FROM A PARTS CAR.COMES WITH SPACER,FLYWHEEL AND TORQUE CONVERTER AND SHIELD. I DONT KNOW WHAT A FAIRPRICE WOULD BE TO ASK. ANY SUGGESTIONS?Continue

Re upholstering seats

Started by paul in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by Mark S Anderson 1 hour ago. 2 Replies

Hello all, my question pertains to interior of a recent barn find.  A 1963 cadillac sedan with 16000 original miles.  Unfortunately it had mice in the car, so of course the whole interior which is…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 8 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Free front brake drums and shoes for '64 DeVille

Started by Preston Bealle in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Preston Bealle 8 hours ago. 7 Replies

I converted my '64 to front disc brakes. I have the drums and shoes and parts that the car came with. Anyone can have them if you want them, just pay shipping, which won't be cheap since they are…Continue

Blog Posts

Is there a separate Starter Relay, or does the Solenoid serve that purpose?

Posted by Norman Silverman on August 30, 2019 at 5:57pm 7 Comments

Hello All.

I will be replacing the starter solenoid tomorrow (actually my mechanic will do the work, I'll just supervise). In checking the FSM electrical schematic and chapter verbiage, I don't see anything that looks like (or is referred to as) a starter Relay. It seems the Starter Solenoid serves the function and there's no separate relay. Right or Wrong?

If wrong, where…

Continue

Starter Solenoid replacement-how difficult? Where to buy?

Posted by Norman Silverman on August 20, 2019 at 8:24pm 8 Comments

Hello All.

I believe the starter solenoid has gone bad in my 64 DeVille. When I turn the key, often all I get is a click, then if I try a few times again the starter turns perfectly. All battery cables are on tight and the battery is good. So, I believe this problem is the solenoid. Where do I buy the right solenoid and is it necessary to remove the starter in order to swap it out? …

Continue

Frame Markings

Posted by Gene McIlroy on August 12, 2019 at 6:26pm 1 Comment

Just got my frame back from powder coating so thought I would post photos of the front and rear frame markings.…

Continue

Lining up the drive shaft

Posted by Dominic Salemi on August 12, 2019 at 5:47pm 2 Comments

Can anyone shed some light on how to position the complete drive shaft in the correct position? I want to make sure my drive shaft is installed properly.

Thanks

Dominic

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service