Best Wishes for the Holidays and the New Year!

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This photo was taken today..... Christmas in Australia, well, Boxing Day to be exact....... no snow... just lots of sunshine.

This photo will also go on my new business cards for Country Lane Classic Cars. If you enlarge the pic, you can see the three dents just above the FLEETWOOD badges. The original owner was a shocker with the mail box. The other side has similar dents in the front fender. Badges of honour on an unrestored car.

Kev,
She’s elegant and beautiful. A perfect match for you!

Ying and yang... opposites attract... sort of thing huh.

I got news for ya, I am neither elegant or beautiful. I have to say though, Jeff, I just love the car to bits and yeah, it is elegant and beautiful.

Thanks for nice comments on the car too mate.

The poor old thing has had more hits than Elvis, but with about 80% of it being the original paint, i'm loath to touch it. You can see in this pic, the rear door and the leading half of the rear fender is the wrong shade of white too.

I just preserve it the best I can until one day, another custodian takes over from me..... I'll be dead then, so someone will have to look after our lovely Fleetwood.

Sorry Jeff, I've gone and hijacked your thread. I'll go sit in my naughty corner.

Aw Kevin,

Don’t feel bad.

Just a few years before (in the 1950’s) two-tone, and tri-tone paint jobs were all the rage. 

Seriously, you are very wise to leave it and enjoy it as it is. 

My dad, who was full of wisdom  used to say “your first loss is your best loss.”  

Why didn’t I listen to him?

Looking forward to a fantastic 2019.  Can't wait to finally get back to my own 64 - Dino!

Pictures of three beautiful Cadillacs. What more can a guy ask for?

Kevin, what's with the new business? I need to stop in more often.

Well, my friend, you will play with your toys and not get on here.

Ok, we sold the mowing run and rented out the house near the water. we moved into our 12 acre place in the country, which is about an hour out of the capital city.

I'm now a registered car dealer trading under Country Lane Classic Cars. Sort of a boutique style car sales thing, so i'll do about 25 cars a year. Also, the ranch style place we are in now, after 8 years of being rented, was needing some loving, so its all happening here in Oz.

The car sales thing, we really want to be doing 50's, 60's and 70's mostly with a bit of later model stuff thrown in.  Sort of the other way around at the moment though. This is a low mileage Falcon we did a couple of months ago. (It was a tidy little thing too)

So mate, now ya know...... LOL :-)

What else could a guy wish for?  Hmmmm.

1. Finding a brand new 63 or 64 Cadillac that was properly put in storage at the time of manufacture 

2. Someone competent and honest to work on my car 

3. Unlimited source of funds to pay for #2.

and with apologies for an historical reference,

in addition to Happy Healthy Peaceful and Prosperous, may 2019 be 

THE CADILLAC* OF NEW YEARS. 

———————

* World renowned in previous generations as first class, top quality, A-#1, excellent, powerful and reliable, made in the USA and prestigious. 

Jeff

I will add a : RAH RAH SIS BOOM BA -to your last statement about the fabulus qualities of our fine machines
( mostly to keep Clovis happy )

Enjoy and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!!!!

Correct the above to read RAH RAH SISS BOOM BAH -- OH NEVER MIND !!!!

Enjoy

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Where to get brake booster and master cylinder rebuilt

Started by Chris Gill in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 50 minutes ago. 23 Replies

Hi folks,I'm new to Cadillacs so bear with me if this question has already been answered but I did a search of the forum and couldn't find an answer.It appears I have an original master cylinder…Continue

Classic Cadillac Parts For Sale - Misc Items

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 51 minutes ago. 149 Replies

I have posted a…Continue

Tags: classic cadillac parts, classiccadillacparts

Bypassing the suction throttle valve

Started by Russ Austin in General Discussion 2 hours ago. 0 Replies

Cant find the post where the suction throttle valve was bypassed with an adjustable part.   What was it?Continue

1962 CADILLAC COUPE 62 SERIES SHARP CAR

Started by DanielAndrew in For Sale. Last reply by Dave Schneider 11 hours ago. 7 Replies

1962 CADILLAC COUPE 62 SERIES SHARP CAR On Ebay…Continue

Blog Posts

64 Recirc/Fresh Air Door Actuator replaced; FROM THE INSIDE.

Posted by Norman Silverman on February 4, 2019 at 11:21pm 8 Comments

I am happy to report that I have successfully replaced the Fresh Air/Recirc door actuator that is located on the blower box-and have done so without having to remove the blower box. I did it by taking out the glove box and attacking it from the back.  It took several days, LOTS of patience and some band-aids, but it is done. THE most difficult part -BY FAR- is to remove and then replace the screw that sits on the actuator arm, connecting it to the fresh…

Continue

Flashers

Posted by Mike Petrey on January 13, 2019 at 12:25pm 7 Comments

Where do the flashers go in my 64 Deville Convert.  I'm thinking that's why both turn signals stopped working.

Source for Motor mounts and Trans mounts 1964 SDV

Posted by Norman Silverman on January 9, 2019 at 4:23pm 4 Comments

Hi.

Where is the best place to purchase good quality motor mounts/trans mounts for my 1964 SDV? I see that Rock Auto has them for $8 and change, and others for $24 and change. Big difference. Is there a better place to buy them from?

Thanks

Norm

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service