Hello everyone, I installed last year a new Edelbrock 1406 on my Cadillac.

Since I have a big black soot residue on the floor of my garage. Is this normal or adjustment is bad. I followed the installation instructions on the DVD that is in the box.

Views: 181

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gerald, make sure the choke is pulling all the way off, and then read your plugs.

Either that or just leaving the car idling after it has warming up. You need to depress the accelerator to take off high idle and choke once warmed up.

The sequence of the electric choke warming is correct, the throttle is opened slowly and steady speed. I also can also eliminate the choke by rapidly pressing the accelerator pedal.
The hot engine, this problem never comes back. I think one option choke control with a probe in the engine block water would be good. Russ and Jason, thank you for your advice.
See how your plugs are burning ,once you kNOW the engine is running as good as it can ( this is important ) ,with a complete tune up ,and carb adjustment on a dwell meter
Pull the plugs ,and examine the color they are burning
They SB a brown paper bag color
If they are darker than that ,you are running rich ,and need to reject the carb,to run the correct color plugs
The Edelbrock techs will explain the next set of jets to go to if you tell them ,the current plug color, you have
I have the 1406 carb and had to rejet my carb to get the plugs burning right
Hi Tony,

It is a good idea. Before taking the restart of, I will remove the spark plugs and control their colors. Only they can determine if the mixture is too lean or too rich. I have a friend who has a machine in his garage to control the Co rejected by my exhaust, but I have not yet had time to go up to his house.

Thanks for advice!

That's what I said in my post. "reading the plugs" refers to looking at them, to see how the cylinder is burning.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

New photo gallery

Started by Tony and Ginny 429 in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 12 minutes ago. 8 Replies

Having trouble posting my picture in the new gallery but managed to get the text right The computer WIZ - I am NOT ! Stay safe my friends Continue

New Car Gallery Page Created - Post a Picture of your 1963/64 Cadllac

Started by Jason Edge in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 1 hour ago. 4 Replies

Hello 63/64 Cadillac Website Members,Hope you are all staying safe amid the Coronavirus shutdown and wanted to share something new & fun on the 63/64 Cadllac Website at…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 2 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

1963 coupe deville front relocation shock kit

Started by Daniel Grande in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason A 10 hours ago. 6 Replies

Howdy everyone had a question maybie you guys can help me,I have a 1963 coupe deville and i got it with air bags problem is its way to bouncy in the front need to get a shock relocatio ok n kit but I…Continue

Blog Posts

How to sensibly deal with the Corona Virus

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on March 14, 2020 at 5:02pm 6 Comments

https://theamericanscholar.org/covid-19-a-primer/

I found this very helpful, written by a knowledgeable authority in public health. 

Remember, Viruses are not spread by Cadillacs so get out and drive!

Safe & Healthy travels. 

Jeff Kinzler

1963 Eldorado convertible boot

Posted by Les Eastling on February 27, 2020 at 10:33am 1 Comment

I need a used convertible boot for a 63 Cadillac convertible - condition or color is not an issue since it will be used as a pattern for making a new one. One from either a 62 series convertible or an Eldorado would work. I know I am searching for hen's teeth here... but you never know unless you ask!

Looking for 63 Convertible / Coupe rear side trim

Posted by Gene McIlroy on January 24, 2020 at 12:18pm 0 Comments

Want to find a good straight dent free rear side trim for my 1963 Convertible.  I have both sides but they do not match.  Wanting to get them to match.  I am attaching a photo of the two trim sided that I have really wanting the squared off trim if I can get it.  Let's see what you have,…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service