Put on a rechromed back bumper on my 63. Lived with the small dent in the back for long enough.

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Russ that looks great! But I  thought they all came with a small dent,like mine has.Something else I need to take care of someday...

Hey Russ

Congradulations
Your rear end is looking ---so FINE

Enjoy

Lookin' Good!  Nothing like some new dent fee chrome!

I have a small dent, right slap bang in the centre too..... its gotto go one of these days as well.

Russ, ya back-end looks very nice and sexy.

That’s a beauty! There’s nothing better on these cars than blinding amounts of chrome!

That is one nice rear you have Russ! I can almost read your t shirt.

All this talk about my rear end. My eyes are up here Gentlemen.

That looks awesome russ! How much did that end up running you if you dont mind me asking?

1300.00 and 4 hours of my time. 

Was that for the whole bumper sides and all, or just the center ?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

429 water pump bolt sizes

Started by tom servas in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 1 hour ago. 20 Replies

Does someone have a diagram showing the correct bolt sizes and lengths for each of the water pump bolts?THX in advanceTomContinue

2 Inch Lowered Springs

Started by Damian Ramuta in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Kevin Campbell 1 hour ago. 55 Replies

Hi all, Could you please post some pics if you have lowered your car using a 2 inch lowered coil.cheersContinue

brake smell or axle grease smell (Rear) 63 cdv AND may have screws pooch!!

Started by Kim K Kaiser in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Kim K Kaiser 5 hours ago. 12 Replies

Thanks have been going fairly well.  over last week or so, i have noticed a bit of that axle grease smell when i come out of the door, not always, but sometimes.  today, i was out, and notice a…Continue

63 dash pad for sale.

Started by Russ Austin in For Sale. Last reply by Russ Austin 6 hours ago. 3 Replies

Continue

Blog Posts

Air Suspension - How to Choose and Install

Posted by Michael Forte on February 19, 2018 at 10:00pm 8 Comments

What I enjoy most about old cars is that they can be restored to original condition, radically customized, or somewhere between those extremes, reflecting the owner's individual style.  For my '63 Convertible, I want to achieve a mostly original look, with minor custom touches to make it clean, smooth, and low.  This article is to share my experience in choosing and installing the suspension components to achieve a low stance and a comfortable ride.

I purchased my car in August of…

Continue

Emblem Removal

Posted by Christopher Belinda on February 19, 2018 at 1:33pm 4 Comments

Good Afternoon - my name is Chris and I'm new to the site (well ... officially; I've read a lot of your posts and am very impressed by the great advice and interest).  I'm working on a very original '63 SDV Park Avenue and am attempting to remove the "Park Avenue" emblems in preparation for a repaint.  Once I carefully removed the truck liner, I noticed that the studs are conical shaped and do not appear to have ever had a speed-nut, or some type of push clip ever installed.  I have removed…

Continue

Updating the alternator without losing the "Gen" light

Posted by Michael Forte on February 19, 2018 at 12:00am 8 Comments

Our old Cadillacs have a pretty simple electrical system using an externally regulated alternator to keep the battery charged and run the accessories while driving.  First appearing in 1963, the GM 10DN externally regulated alternator was a step up from the bulky generator used on the '62 and earlier.  But newer, internally regulated alternators are now available that can output three times the current in the same size package.  This article explains how I upgraded my charging system to a…

Continue

Pier windows

Posted by Stefan on February 8, 2018 at 5:58am 3 Comments

Hi, have a 64 eldorado.  

The emergensy  button- Will it take all windows down???

Thanks 

Stefan 

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service