This is for FlaHP and anyone else interested in following along. I really wanted to get rid of my stock exhaust manifolds for two reasons. First was the constant exhaust leaks I was facing due to badly corroded mating surfaces and second was the small outlet. I designed up a cam profile that is way wilder than anything you can get off the shelf and had it ground by Howard's. To go along with that I had a race engine building friend do me up a set of higher flowing heads. I would need more than a 2" manifold outlet to make all that work. So here goes...

First, I drew them up in 2D until I had a plan. That took a lot of crawling around under and over my car taking photos and measurements. Once I was sure I was ready to go I got a set of 65 or later 429 headers from Sandersons.  I got them raw as in not welded up. It turned out that all I really used from them was the flanges and collectors. The radius of the bends was just too big. Here a few photos of the start of it all.

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How Sweet this is ! !

Your fine work an design  is sucking the performance  gear heads out of the on lookers and  having them say Wow—  for good reason ( with there mouths open as well ! ) 

A lot of outstanding quality work going on under the Hood of your 62 CDV displaying the owners exceptional talents and need for efficient high performance 

You are a special guy with a very special 62 for all your hard work and your uncanny ability to turn your plans and thoughts into reality on many levels 

Your research and educated approach to the subject  at hand is amazing to be experiencing for me and I am sure others who witness the end results of your guest 

Love for you to do a thread on your cylinder head upgrades myself 

Real great stuff —- Dan 

Thanks Tony, it's has been quite a journey or to quote the Grateful Dead, "What a long strange trip it's been".

Exhaust  note has that — Nasty Hot Rod cam valve overlap thing going on —that only a high performance cam can bring to the sound of the exhaust  pipes — That Says — HEY —YOU WANNA RACE !  Loud and clear ( Which was the very first thing  my  very very good friend Ben would say —when you met him - he was the Arthur Fonzarelli in my life —that owned Nassau county Harley Davidson on Long Island NY ) 

Saying at the stop light —- Let’s see what You got under there  —- Go On 3 ! —- 1 thousand - 2 thousand and leave on 2 1/2 —- See Ya Later Sucker ! 

Ok  I will calm down now —Just Love and enjoy this stuff 

Enjoy 

Priceless 

In my days of being a super stock class champion record holder drag racing was in the air due to the muscle cars coming out of the car show rooms 

The Beach Boy were singing - She’s real fine my 409 - on the radio and other racing inspired song - Little Old lady from Pasadena— little Duce coupe - etc 

A few times I was in  move senes from American Grafitti with high performance street machine lining the entire quarter mile on both sides racing on the service road of the Mitchel Field  Airport out on Long Island - Hicksville area 

Very much a bit crazy as two 409’s on street tire doing a good bit of fish tailing down a good part of the race 

The Golden Rule ( written on the fender of a 57 Chevy ) had a police radio in his car so we new when to split 

My Super Stock ride was my daily driver which made these times so very unique 

Seemed that racing was going on almost all of the time ( most nights )  between track and street racing out of the local burger joint 

I had the very good fortune to be in the right place at the right time with some amazing performance minded people to share performance thoughts that were constantly winning there classes at the  local tacks 

I am sure I leaned more about performance in the burger joint parking lots exchanging ideas  than anyplace else 

A great time to be alive in America and doing what I was doing at the time — American HOT Rodding ( we did write the book on the subject ) 

The muscle cars of that time are still some of the most desirable Classic  muscle rides around 

Enjoy 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

390 with vibrations

Started by Bo Authèn in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 7 minutes ago. 6 Replies

After renovating both the engine and the automat, I have vibrations. Not sure if they come from the engine or the transmission. Can the flexplate versus converter be wrong? or the flexplate against…Continue

Jason

Started by Tony and Ginny 429 in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion 2 hours ago. 0 Replies

I really liked your comment about  the social distancing  rule  regarding our year cars - as requiring a cell phone due to the extensive distance between individuals  —— now that’s FUNNY —-LOL !…Continue

Tags: distancing, Social

63 deville

Started by Brian in Wanted to Buy 5 hours ago. 0 Replies

Hello everyone, I’m looking for a 63 Cadillac deville left and right lower front bumper buckets. If you have any for sale or know of anyone selling any, please let me know. Thank you Continue

Gas tank overfilling and fumes...anybody else?

Started by Tosh Dickenson in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 8 hours ago. 3 Replies

Anybody else have a problem with your gas tank overfilling then draining out the overflow?  I've done the service bulletin with relocating the vent and drilling the hole in the top.Every so often…Continue

Blog Posts

64 Power Servo vacuum leak

Posted by Kent Prows on June 27, 2020 at 4:02pm 0 Comments

I finally got around to fixing a leak in my heater core.  I decided to check to see if there were any other obvious issues while I had everything torn apart.  When I put a vacuum directly (bypassing the transducer) to the power servo it gets to about 10" and then slowly leaks back to zero.  The fan will not go to full and the mode door will not open completely.  I have read a couple of other posts that said they repaired the power servo leaks.  How?  Does anyone have one to sell?  I just…

Continue

63 Caddy Horn

Posted by Robert Alan Shannon on May 27, 2020 at 9:25am 9 Comments

Just noticed a 1963  Caddy trumpet horn on Ebay. No part # given but some of his other items are 1963 specific, just throwin this out there, I have no connection to this listing .

Wiring connection help.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 24, 2020 at 9:15pm 2 Comments

Can someone help me figure where these connections go? I have a 64 60 special if it matters.…

Continue

Wood grain finally done.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 20, 2020 at 4:57pm 3 Comments

After years of wanting to, I finally redid my wood dash paneling on my 64 60s. Not too hard to do either.…

Continue

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service