Summary of CLC Judging Guidelines

-also posted in the August 2018 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Newsletter

Below is a summary of the CLC Judging Guidelines as defined in the Official 2018 CLC Judging Manual.  I encourage all of you to step up and volunteer to be a judge at the next GN. It is a very rewarding experience and you will learn a lot about our judging system and the cars you judge.  
Click Here to download the CLC Judging Manual.
Click Here to download a PDF version of this Summary Document.

There are 6 Divisions: Primary, Touring, Preservation, Specialty & Unique, Modified, and Display Only.  These Divisions are further broken down into specific classes:
   - 99 classes for Primary and Touring
   - 8 classes for Specialty and Unique
   - 4 classes for Modified (Hot Rods, Resto Mods, Mild Customs, Radical Customs)
   - and Preservation classes varies GN to GN

- Primary and Specialty & Unique are for 1999 & prior (changes to 20 year old rule in 2020).
- Touring is for vehicles 10 years old or older.

Award Scoring is straight forward with Primary, Specialty and Unique Division Cars as follows:
   - Senior Crown  - 99 points or more
   - Senior Wreath - 98 or more
   - Senior            - 95 or more
   - 1st  - 90 or more
   - 2nd - 80 or more
   - 3rd  - 70 or more

To encourage daily drivers, the Touring Division scoring is less stringent with the following award requirements:
   - 1st 80 points or more
   - 2nd 70 points or more
   - 3rd 60 points or more

Scoring Categories 1966 and Prior
Operations - 16 Categories
Engine Compartment – 27 Categories
Chassis – 17 Categories
Interior – 22 Categories
Convertible Top – 6 Categories
Exterior – 24 Categories
TOTAL – 112 Categories

Scoring Categories 1967 and Later
Operations - 23 Categories
Engine Compartment – 30 Categories
Chassis – 16 Categories
Interior – 22 Categories
Convertible Top – 7 Categories
Exterior – 24 Categories
TOTAL – 122 Categories

Deductions
- Each category can have deductions up to 5 points.
- Deductions are made for Operations, Authenticity, Workmanship, and Condition. 
- 1966 and prior vehicles can receive a max of 560 points of deductions.
- 1967 and later vehicles can receive a max of 610 points of deductions.
- The final scores are converted to a 100 point scale for awards scoring. 
- See Official 2018 CLC Judge’s Manual for more details.

Views: 129

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As noted in the August 2018 newsletter, there is a lot of misinformation on the web regarding the new process, and believe a summary such at the one I have included will help shed some light for those that have not read the new manual.  Judging is very rewarding and I encourage all of you to step up and volunteer at your next Grand National!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

WTB power steering pump pulley

Started by Chris Codd in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Chris Codd 6 hours ago. 2 Replies

My power steering belt pulley sheered the woodruff key off the pump shaft and is pretty wrecked. Does anybody have a pulley for sale? Or the whole pump and pulley together?

Mystery Shake???

Started by Ron Collins in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Ron Collins 10 hours ago. 2 Replies

Hello All,Jumped into the mobile after a long winters nap and she shakes!! at or above speeds of about foury mph she shakes like the wheels are out of balance, so I had them rebalanced, still the…Continue

64 Convertible rear seat back

Started by tom servas in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion 10 hours ago. 0 Replies

Hello , I am re- installing the rear seats in our 64 Convertible and looking for verification of how high/low to install the seat back. Can anyone show a photo of their rear  (upright portion) seat…Continue

Charging the air conditioning with R12

Started by Robert Sweeney in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 17 hours ago. 2 Replies

Hi Guys,The never ending saga continues.I'm thinking that rebuilding the rotary valve has the pneumatic system working now.  I have a vacuum pump and a new filter dryer.  I also borrowed a set of R12…Continue

Blog Posts

Cadillac Returns to its Roots Under New Leadership

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on May 1, 2019 at 12:30am 3 Comments

Cadillac’s new boss says they should stop trying to build BMWs and go back to building Cadillacs again.

What do you think? 

https://carbuzz.com/news/cadillac-finally-admits-what-everyone-knew-for-years

Radiator And Shrouds

Posted by Dominic Salemi on April 24, 2019 at 3:36pm 1 Comment

Hello

Anyone have a decent radiator and shrouds and hardware for a 1964 Cadillac deville. I have an alum. radiator and I'm deciding on to fix it or back to the original one. If I fix it I won't need parts.

Thanks

64 Recirc/Fresh Air Door Actuator replaced; FROM THE INSIDE.

Posted by Norman Silverman on February 4, 2019 at 11:21pm 8 Comments

I am happy to report that I have successfully replaced the Fresh Air/Recirc door actuator that is located on the blower box-and have done so without having to remove the blower box. I did it by taking out the glove box and attacking it from the back.  It took several days, LOTS of patience and some band-aids, but it is done. THE most difficult part -BY FAR- is to remove and then replace the screw that sits on the actuator arm, connecting it to the fresh…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service