I would like to ask how to disconnect front clock knob ?

Thank you

Paul

Views: 431

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, even a broken clock is right twice a day : )

Bloody hell.... my mate has the clock and he wired it up and a tick tocking it went for 2 days....... then fffrrrrttt...... then nuffin appen'd

So, after Shane checked everything out that he could do, its now in the hand of a specialized tick tock clock repair guy.

Its been nearly 2 weeks (the clock has only been out for a week) since I've driven the Fleetwood and i'm having withdrawals. I think I need to draw a picture of mickey mouse with his arms out like a clock and tape it to the dash to cover the hole.

I can't be seen driving Hannah around with her hole exposed..... hmmm, or could I. Nah, that would be a bit weird and sick...... hmmm, maybe I will. :-)

OK, apparently, the gauge and clock guy reckons he can't do it.

My good mate Shane, said he's going to have another look at it himself. I mentioned I had a friend in Sweden, you know, that country next to Norway, and that he done an excellent job of fitting a quartz movement..... So that's what we are doing with the resistor so it can run off the normal 12 volts power supply.

I've always been impressed with what Anders did to his, so we are getting on the same bus as him. Shane will do a much better job of it than I would do, so he's gunna do it for me.

Kevin
Of coarse you can drive Hanna with the clock out --silly

Didn't you see Jason driving his car with his family with no doors or front fenders a while back with one of his first Cadillac disassemblies ( his clock was out also ! )

YOU CAN DO IT -- BIG GUY !! LOL !!!!!!!
Take that girl out for a spin --i would be thinking

Enjoy

FWI, I have restored clocks for 150.00  A new bezel and lens are installed and the clock works are reconditioned. 

Shoot me an email;  russ85747@hotmail.com

Hi Russ, yeah, I haven't forgotten about you having a clocks in stock, you ol working clock stocker... LOL

$150 usd = $211.69 aud and then, by the time I throw some postage at it, it becomes a $250 clock. (Clovis will know what I mean, it would be similar for him too)

I'll see how Shane goes at converting it first.... he's a pretty good bloke at what he does.

Honestly, I don't mind :)

Russ, what does FWI mean? I know about FYI (for your information) but FWI I don't think I ever seen.

FWIW?

For What It's Worth

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Trivia Question 17 - Item You COULD NOT Delete Because of Cars Heater

Started by Jason Edge in Trivia. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 6 hours ago. 6 Replies

OK. We had so much fun with the last Trivia regarding the car's heater, I thought we should post another heater related question.  So here goes:What item does the spec manual go out of its way to…Continue

Tags: Question, Trivia

Good Sources for Parts?

Started by Bob Ricks in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 12 hours ago. 1 Reply

New member here so be patient with me.  New owner of what I would consider a rat-rod 63 caddy.  Previous owner painted everything flat black, in an obvious attempt in covering up body deficiencies. …Continue

Trivia Question 16 - Standard Item You could Delete for Reduced Cost?

Started by Jason Edge in Trivia. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 18 hours ago. 21 Replies

OK. Here's a new trivia. There is at least one main standard (non-option) item that one could "delete" on a new 1963 or 1964 Cadillac for a reduced cost.  What is it?  For extra cigars, what is the…Continue

Custom '64 Eldorado on Bitchin' Rides Last Night

Started by Ian Osborne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Cees de Bunje yesterday. 1 Reply

If anyone here is familiar with the show "Bitchin' Rides" they started work on a '64 Eldo on the episode that aired last night (12/5). I really like the show and they build some amazing custom…Continue

Blog Posts

still need a driveshaft

Posted by wayne weaver on November 26, 2019 at 11:53am 2 Comments

well thank you UPS for losing the driveshaft that Russ Austin shipped me. 

however i still need a rear driveshaft section for my 63. mine has a vibration due to the bushing inside of it. its a shame because the ball and sockets in the cardian joints are perfect but it has a woble on the balancing machine. so .  still need the rear section. anyone have a good one ? is there driveshaft alternatives to use ? i am really considering an LS swap and since im fighting the driveshaft search…

Continue

63 guidematic issues

Posted by maurice lapoiinte on November 24, 2019 at 3:10pm 0 Comments

So my 63 guide matic headlamps stay on low beam all the time. I have so far bypassed the system and everything works normal. I have been thru the trouble shooting in the manual but this is where the confusion begins.on my car when the power relay is powered I have low beam and when its not powered I have highbeam, this appears to be opposite what the diagnosis says should be correct.The wiring is all original and no wires have been mixed up.has anyone ever unplugged the 2 wire connector…

Continue

Another advantage of the Pertronix III

Posted by Doug Scarrow on November 23, 2019 at 11:12am 1 Comment

Having tried both the II and III I can say the multispark feature of the III offers a smoother idle . It is also easier to install .Does not require removal of the distributor

Stuck at two red (dash) lights!

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on November 3, 2019 at 10:00pm 9 Comments

I hope someone can help solve these two electrical problems that appeared one after the other.

By way of background: The car, a '64 Eldorado has very limited use. It was at a restoration shop for 15 months until last January-  that supposedly did a bunch of wiring repairs including rebuilding the gas gauge that still hasn't worked properly, and the clock that hasn't worked, and re-soldering the broken wires in the drive door. All window and seat controls appear to be…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service