Dan
Have you come up with any solution for the front bushings of the rear trailing arms of our year cars ?

I thought you had suggested you were thinking about what you might do about that 

Stay Safe 

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have thought about it Tony but I'll have to look into it a little more. There isn't much rubber in the front bushing and they carry very little weight so are not nearly as big a problem as the rear bushings. Still waiting for it to warm up here so I can get out in the garage and tinker. I think that the inner lower front end bushings are maybe an area to be improved as well as the rear upper control yoke. I found that after I changed my inner front bushings the car wasn't as stable under hard braking on uneven surfaces. The control yoke locates the rear axle laterally and if you drive like I do, takes a fair bit of load. I would also like to find a way to safely adapt an off the shelf ball joint from a more modern vehicle to the control yoke. So, lots to look at but until it warms up a bit and I can get out in the garage, I'll just keep puttering around on my flight sim!

Dan 

Thanks 

Did you  just say you  are using a flight simulator in that last sentence ?
I flew and did every aspect of radio control flying  possible in an Aerodrome licensed by the  Academy Of Modeling Aeronautic for 23 years  mostly on Long Island NY 

I was a field controller ( one had to be there for others to fly ) and expert pilot in Seaford NY on the ocean  on Long Island in Cedar Creek Park Aerodrome 

Before I retired to Florida I flew on Long Island NY with the engineers from Grumman Aircraft Speery Rand and Bell Telephone who were big time into RC and building Space Shuttles during the week 

I flew RC for a number of those years here in West Central Florida but just was not as exciting as the NY experience 

Still have about 15 RC aircraft that I hand built some from plans 

Stay Safe 

During our cold winters, I keep myself amused by tinkering in the basement and flying flight simulators. I have two brothers, one who used to be heavily into RC and the other who is the president of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan Museum in Brandon Manitoba. They have several flight worthy aircraft that they fly to events and commemorations around the prairies. Their flight worthy aircraft include a Stinson, 2 Tiger Moths, a Fairchild Cornell (PT-19 with canopy) and the oldest registered Harvard still flying. A Harvard is the Commonwealth version of an AT-6 Texan (I bet you already know that!). They are currently well along the path in restoring to flying condition what will be the worlds most original first series Fleet Finch. Pretty cool place. I have had the good fortune to grab the stick in the Cornell for a few lengthy periods and once in the Harvard. Unbelievable experience for a simple flight simmer. 

Really cool to hear of your passion for RC flying. It is a very rewarding hobby.

Cheers,

Dan

Dan

My dad owned and flew a Cessna 182 4 passenger high wing aircraft that he flew for so many years on weekend most of my life 

Called it his therapy 

He flew out of Flushing airport close to La Guardia  in NY with a good number of World War Two flying Aces in attendance 

The airport was know for its very tight access and short runway sliding over apartment building roofs to land 

The owner of the airport was referred to by his nickname  ACE 

The skywriters in the New York area  flew out of that airport and my dad hung out with them between flights on many Sundays 

They flew red byplanes to do the sky writing often see over the  NY beaches back then 

Talk about precision flying they were  just as good as it possibly gets at there craft 

Thanks for reminding me of these great  unique experiences in my life 

Stay Safe 

Dan 

That is some great list of aircraft you brother is involved with

My Dad was able to use the actual flight simulator that they train the commercial pilots on at one point in time at one of the major NY airports 

Enjoying the exchange of info and interests 

Stay Safe 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Exhaust Manifold Gaskets......Again

Started by Ian Osborne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Ian Osborne 10 hours ago. 21 Replies

I know I'm not the only one who has dealt with constantly failing exhaust manifold gaskets but I have the heads off for a valve job and I'm trying to fix the issue once and for all. Well, maybe for a…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 19 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Caddy Daddy

Started by Dan McNarry in General Discussion. Last reply by Dan McNarry yesterday. 10 Replies

I'm looking to buy a new fuel sending unit for my car and was wondering if anyone has had recent dealings with Caddy Daddy and if so, yeah or nay?Continue

help adding fluid to top motor for '64.

Started by john kilbourne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Charles Fares yesterday. 3 Replies

Is there a Youtube about this? From what I can learn for other lesser cars, such as they may be, the drill is: remove rear seat bottom and back, remove the plug from the top motor reservoir, use a…Continue

Blog Posts

63 Caddy Horn

Posted by Robert Alan Shannon on May 27, 2020 at 9:25am 9 Comments

Just noticed a 1963  Caddy trumpet horn on Ebay. No part # given but some of his other items are 1963 specific, just throwin this out there, I have no connection to this listing .

Wiring connection help.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 24, 2020 at 9:15pm 2 Comments

Can someone help me figure where these connections go? I have a 64 60 special if it matters.…

Continue

Wood grain finally done.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 20, 2020 at 4:57pm 3 Comments

After years of wanting to, I finally redid my wood dash paneling on my 64 60s. Not too hard to do either.…

Continue

390 engine replacement needed

Posted by Jason on May 18, 2020 at 7:54pm 1 Comment

I’m looking for a 1963 Cadillac 390 engine that runs. 

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service