I have been waiting around about 2 months for another Group 60 Original Style battery (long story), and finally got Dino fired up yesterday and backed out of the garage and the dust knocked off of her today after finally receiving my new battery.  It felt good to get the Caddy back out of the garage and washed off.  Next is some intense cleaning. I started with the inside today and will hit the outside and engine compartment in the coming days. Here's a few pictures from today.. (Hey, my turn to show off a bit! LOL):

Views: 391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been using the Mothers Carnuba past wax for a few years now
It is the best past wax i have used to date
A greatly improved shine over other great products
I am an old bust your butt Blue Coral paste wax from back in the day guy
This stuff has the ease of a liquid waxes going on and off and wears like nothing i have used before
Essy and very long lasting protection

Enjoy

--------There' s no other way to go !!!! ----Simply irresistable !!!!!

Singing to each other -- about our cars ( mostly yours ) has to be a first for us and the website
Yours inspires song in me for sure
This place is a lot of Fun in addition to the great info

Enjoy

The latest :
Trying to correct the spelling of irrestible in edit and the house lost power and WY-FY went out
No correction when power returned

Enjoy

SO ---Now --WE --have a song that represnts your extreme passion for your car
You do know a Car ---can have a Name --and a Song !

Can you play music ( even low ) when the Juges are looking over the car at the Grand Nationals ?
The right-- tune --might just find the Judges --Simply Irrestible -- to give you first place in the class ( like you will be needing ANY HELP )
oR a Barber shop Quartet
You could be starting a new --fad --putting all the other car boys in your class under some sever stress to keep up
Just thinking out of the box ( way out !!!) LOL ! ! ! !

Only problem is Dino is a Red Blooded Male.... although Robert Palmer's Heavy Nova and Riptide are in constant rotation on my iPhone during my morning 2.5 mile pooch walks. Speaking of Heavy Nova there is a song that reminds me of you, Tony... DISTURBING BEHAVIOR.
But while we are getting a crazy with the RP songs... I think Dino's RP song would have to be "I DIDN'T MEAN TO TURN YOU ON" from Riptide!

Please extend my apologies --to Dino --for me making any inference --HE --would have any feminine trates what so ever --OMG
He's so fine who knows where --OH just never mind the whole thing

Enjoy

The song --for my car would be --Becon Blue Haze--- by Jimmy Hendricks

Excuse me while i kiss the sky ( he most likely was in a convertible when he wrote that line or cloud nine --you think ???? ) LOL !!!!!

Enjoy

Well, our car got the bucket and sponge this morning too and while it doesn't have Dino's shine, she scrubbed up pretty good huh.... a blind man would be pleased to see it.

Checked all the fluids, vacuumed the insides, cleaned the whitewalls and even chucked a bit of Armoral over the dash top. I need it looking spiffy for tomorrow.

We've got our monthly Cars n Coffee morning tomorrow from 8 - 10am and then a run to Poona for a picnic lunch. I've got a stack of snags ready for the Barbie, plenty of cold drinks (We'll cop 36* C tomorrow)

Because I run the Cars n Coffee deal, I know we've got some new rides turning up too, so trying to pick the best one will be harder than picking a broken nose. I also do the write up for our local rag, so I try to pick one car as a bit of a feature thing.

I reckon, with the heat forecast for tomorrow, it'll be shorts and thongs and a t-shirt. (That's pretty formal for around here) Well, I might bugger off and clean my thongs, late time I wore them, they mud on 'em and nothing worse than a dirty thong.

have a nice week-end.

I'll be heading out to Charlotte, NC for the first meet-up with the Carolina CLC Region. We will be taking in the Carolina's Aviation Museum . One of the highlights for me will be to see the "Miracle on the Hudson" A32-214 Airbus that Capt Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger flew into the Hudson River in 2009. One of the big perks of being in the CLC, is joining with local CLC Regions and taking tours like this. I remember going to the NC Transportation Museum last year with the Carolina Region and being really blown away. Pretty impressed that little ole North Carolina had something of that magnitude... .but again we were First in Flight!

White floor mats, I drive mine every weekend, they wouldn't last. Do you have special shoes you reserve for only driving the car?
Please tell me their blue suede LOL

I’ve got 2 sets. One for show, one for everyday use. I use to have the butter brown ones everyone sells and hated them as they clashed with sandalwood carpet. Spec manual shows white mats with sandalwood interior so I  switched to what I think would have been correct with my interior.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

different exh

Started by Russ Austin in General Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 3 hours ago. 6 Replies

Parts car #16 has a different exh setup.  Has anyone run a set up like this before?  I see an advantage of keeping the muffler heat off of the driver floor.…Continue

63/64 Body construction quality.

Started by Chris in General Discussion. Last reply by Chris 4 hours ago. 3 Replies

Hey guys I was just curious to know what everyone thought about the quality of the sheet metal, the frame and the overall stoutness of our cars vs other makes and models of the day?One thing I can…Continue

Radiator coolant

Started by Warwick smith in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Anders yesterday. 1 Reply

hiwhat type of radiator coolant do most of you use for a 63 with air con Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge yesterday. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Blog Posts

where do I find a new and better motor?

Posted by john kilbourne on May 24, 2018 at 11:43am 9 Comments

My '64 convert is getting better, but the engine remains questionable. Starts and runs well enough, powerful, but I think I hear a main bearing banging, the balance is not great and I'd like to upgrade to fuel injection if I can.

Are there dependable remans available of good quality? Are new crate engines available? Will more advanced engines from newer years fit?

Also, please, the diff ratio is quite high, lots of RPMs compared to today's cars. Are there diffs with lower…

Continue

1963 Cadillac DeVille

Posted by Sven on May 21, 2018 at 8:00am 0 Comments

Good morning community, I have this beautiful 1963 4 door for sale, asking cad$9999, that's about us$7750. I would bring it down south over the border to North Dakota or Minnesota.

If anyone is interested, feel free to ask questions.

Otherwise what are the best websites to sell classic cars in the states?

Please view this ad:

63 cadillac deville ,…

Continue

camshaft

Posted by Dave Fundaburg on May 20, 2018 at 11:49am 1 Comment

Has anyone used the performance camshafts offered by Kanter or Isky if so how do you like the upgrade in general and how is the idle quality and vacuum for power accessories any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Door jamb switchs

Posted by Anthony Boles on May 17, 2018 at 9:50am 10 Comments

I'm having problems with the door jamb switches,the interior lights will sometimes work or the interior lights will just stay on and run the battery down ,there's three black wires spliced together and one simgle black and white wire,what could be the problem. 

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service