Views: 524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lookin good Joe. Is it done? How did the install go mister?

Joe D

Nice work

Which kit did you use and how about some details on the install
What size rotors and can you use the stock wheels with this kit ?

Enjoy

You must have a lift at your home from the photo ?

Enjoy

Its big blue thing Tony.... PMSL..... :-)

Looks good Joe.

Do you need to change the master cylinder or do you use the current one and do you need a proportioning valve or not?

Clovis Yes it's done, went great only took 8 hours.Put washers in the wrong place & had to take the calipers & brackets apart and and put them in between them, not on the ends.

Tony ABS Power brakes Page 113 #822 c $950 plus $150 for shipping to Florida. And you can use you stock wheels with their kit, that's why I got this kit. Not sure of the Rotor size. My friend Jon has a lift in his barn.

Kevin the kit comes with a new power booster and everything you need except brake fluid & grease

Looks great Joe!  Those are 12" rotors - I believe the largest you can fit and still keep the stock wheels.  I like the fact that the kit is complete for a pretty good price.  

Joe D

Sounds like the perfect disc brake kit for our cars 

Nice job all around 

Enjoy you new brakes 

Enjoy. 

I’ve got the same kit (front and back) and car slooooooows down instead of stopping...
Did you have to do any adjustments with calipers? Any spacers ?
Mack

Mack, if the car is not stopping quickly, look at the rear brake drum adjustments. Sounds like the shoes are traveling too far out to activate the rear brakes. That takes away a lot of stopping power.

I have all 4 discs, no drums.

Mack 

Contact the company that makes your disc brakes and see what they have to say about your  not stopping problem 

They should have a solution for you to correct the problem 

Let us know what you learn 

Enjoy 

I’ve been dealing with that problem for the last 3y (summers) but I am about to go back to drums and ask for the refund.

To me it seems like that piston travels too far and loses it strength that’s why I wonder it there’s some way to adjust those calipers... but I am going to call them again and ask about that prop valve...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

1963 Cadillac Convertible Door Jamb Switch

Started by Lee Martin in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Lee Martin 14 hours ago. 3 Replies

Okay, it's "dumb question time!"  Here's mine:  Does anyone know the part number for the 63 convertible door jamb switch (3 prong)?  I cannot find this in the manual...thanks!Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge yesterday. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Rear main Follow up replacement and repair,,

Started by Kim K Kaiser in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Kim K Kaiser on Thursday. 38 Replies

Well, got it all together,, Jason, i was looking in the wrong chapter in the manual on the starter,, got that figured out.  everything hooked back upGot it put back together, started up, and oil…Continue

STEERING GEAR

Started by Kim K Kaiser in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge on Wednesday. 10 Replies

IN addition to the main seal leak,,which i am going to tackle again tomorrow,i also have a leak in what seems to be the steering gear.  I have checked to connections from the pump, and its dry on…Continue

Blog Posts

driveshaft help

Posted by wayne weaver on October 9, 2019 at 4:41pm 1 Comment

can anyone help me with a driveshaft ? I have a 1963 Cadillac 62 series 4dr with the hydro-matic trans. I need the male splined shaft on the front of the rear driveshaft section. the piece with the nut attached by clip.id be willing to buy a shaft if its not horribly priced.

Dash removal

Posted by Jake Mickley on October 9, 2019 at 12:06am 9 Comments

Hello everyone,

On a 63 CDV, if a guy wanted to remove the entire dash to get all the metal painted, and do some other things behind there, how would he go about doing that?  I checked here and the shop manual, but can't find a complete guide.

As always, and help or direction is appreciated.  Thanks!

--Jake

Introducing myself

Posted by Gary Marchand on October 7, 2019 at 9:32pm 8 Comments

Thanks for letting me join the club.  Picked up this ‘64 Coupe Deville a few months ago out of Beverly MA, the car has few stickers on it from various Cadillac clubs, didn’t know if anyone might recognize it from it’s “Glory days.” Everything seems pretty healthy except for the body and some very Mickey Mouse repairs, was wondering if anyone had any leads on…

Continue

Carter AFB carburetor question

Posted by Ray Schick on October 7, 2019 at 8:29pm 8 Comments

3655S carb, and a 3656S carb .I know the difference is one is for A/C and the other in for a non A/C car . Now the question is : can I use the carb bowl from the A/C car on the non A/C car ? They look the same set up next to each other

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service