Edelbrock 1406 Carburetor + Parts For Conversion For Sale

Gentlemen,

After 31 years I have sold my '63 convertible. Long story short is I got a price I believe was very respectable considering the market right now. That and I am moving on to finish my other project which I have owned even longer, 40 years, my Sunbeam Tiger. Bottom line is I don't have room to garage both of them and all of my other stuff and I wasn't making any progress on the Tiger. It is a rare car and a ton of fun so all of my efforts are going towards it now.

I have some extra Caddy parts left over and will attempt to sell them here. First up is an Edelbrock 1406 conversion I never got around to. I have the 1406 which I bought used off of Craigslist. It was described as having low run time and that looks to be the case. Beyond that, I know nothing so it is sold as-is. I have fabricated the TV rod plate discovered by Mike Daly in this thread - http://6364cadillac.ning.com/forum/topics/edelbrock-1406-carb?xg_ra...

I also have the adaptor I purchased from Russ Austin that allows the original air cleaner housing to be used and a Trans-Dapt TRD-2446 recommended for this conversion that are included in the sale. This is the majority of what is needed for this swap.

Excellent summary here: http://6364cadillac.ning.com/forum/topics/edelbrock-1406-1411-insta...

$275 plus actual shipping cost. I'm just trying to get my money back.

More photos available if needed. PM or email me at ozzie90249@yahoo.com

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations on the sale Ian.

Thanks mate!  

The sale is pretty unique. I sold it to this club for car enthusiasts who have seven classic cars that members can drive whenever they want. The Caddy replaced a Lincoln Continental convertible that they just sold. The owner told me I can come drive it if I want to so if you ever get to L.A., I absolutely will take you cruising in it.

Geez, I really wish we'd come over 2 years ago when we had planned to.

Some idiot, it might have been me, suggested we move house, put the trip on hold for 2 years..... you get the picture. :-(

At this rate with this covid thing, it will be a while, but I will take you up on the offer.

So, do we call Max, Mr. Smart or just plain ol 86 now?

Yeah, don't bother coming now unless you want to deal with Covid, fires and constant zombie attacks all at the same time. The offer stands for better times, for sure.

To answer your question:

ian

A real good Answer —for sure !

Sure there is a good story behind that plate 

Enjoy

Ian

You left earthquakes off you list but the idea is clear

Hopefully things will get better the question is just when ??

Enjoy

How could I forget earthquakes? We just had one the other night. Yes, figure on those too.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Bendix Power Brake Unit Power Section

Started by Mathis Richter in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Chris Codd 7 hours ago. 7 Replies

Hi,I have a huge problem my POWER SECTION of the ``Master-VAC Power Brake unit 9´´Diameter ´´ from Bendix is Broken and I can't open it to replace al the rubber parts did some of you have auch Power…Continue

Third brake light -help please.

Started by paul k in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 13 hours ago. 8 Replies

Did anybody from the club install third brake light in the rear window in his Cadillac? I have problem to figure out how to do it. Can I just run wire from break pedal switch and second wire connect…Continue

Extra speakers in the cadillac.

Started by paul k in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion 14 hours ago. 0 Replies

Ok, I have another question. Since I will run wire for a brake light I might run speakers wires.I would like to install 2 extra speakers or maybe 4. What is best option. I do have 2 speakers already-…Continue

429 and 400 trans. for sale

Started by Mark C Bills in For Sale. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 yesterday. 6 Replies

I have an excellent running 429 with 400 trans.recently removed from my 64. It has electronic ignition, new water pump,new fan and clutch(not pictured),new fuel pump,Holley 650 vac. sec. carb. with…Continue

Blog Posts

1964 Cadillac Fleetwood sixty special / transmission dipstick needed

Posted by Pablo on September 20, 2020 at 9:57pm 1 Comment

How are you doing folks, I’m looking for a transmission dipstick, any info I will appreciated, thank you very much

1963 Cadillac hood driver side hinge

Posted by Steven on September 16, 2020 at 9:23am 1 Comment

Hello,

Does anyone know were I can buy a 1963 Cadillac hood driver side hinge or is there any other hinge that would fit? 

Thanks

Steven

Bad Guage?

Posted by Karl Schwarz on August 26, 2020 at 3:08pm 6 Comments

So I am troubleshooting my fuel gauge issue. I bought a new sender and tested it. It  it goes from 1-ohm (empty) to 35-ohm (full). When I test it (outside the tank), when the float is in the up (full) position it only moves the gauge to about 1/2 full. When at the bottom (empty) position the gauge shows empty. This is the same issue I have when I fill and then use the gas in the tank - the gauge never reads ore than half full. Based on what I've read on this thread it would seem like the…

Continue

Website

Posted by Fritz Seitz on August 11, 2020 at 2:35am 0 Comments

I have been working on a website-----www.fritzsautorepair.com-----

Does anyone have suggestions?

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service