Edelbrock 1406 Carburetor + Parts For Conversion For Sale

Gentlemen,

After 31 years I have sold my '63 convertible. Long story short is I got a price I believe was very respectable considering the market right now. That and I am moving on to finish my other project which I have owned even longer, 40 years, my Sunbeam Tiger. Bottom line is I don't have room to garage both of them and all of my other stuff and I wasn't making any progress on the Tiger. It is a rare car and a ton of fun so all of my efforts are going towards it now.

I have some extra Caddy parts left over and will attempt to sell them here. First up is an Edelbrock 1406 conversion I never got around to. I have the 1406 which I bought used off of Craigslist. It was described as having low run time and that looks to be the case. Beyond that, I know nothing so it is sold as-is. I have fabricated the TV rod plate discovered by Mike Daly in this thread - http://6364cadillac.ning.com/forum/topics/edelbrock-1406-carb?xg_ra...

I also have the adaptor I purchased from Russ Austin that allows the original air cleaner housing to be used and a Trans-Dapt TRD-2446 recommended for this conversion that are included in the sale. This is the majority of what is needed for this swap.

Excellent summary here: http://6364cadillac.ning.com/forum/topics/edelbrock-1406-1411-insta...

$275 plus actual shipping cost. I'm just trying to get my money back.

More photos available if needed. PM or email me at ozzie90249@yahoo.com

Views: 208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations on the sale Ian.

Thanks mate!  

The sale is pretty unique. I sold it to this club for car enthusiasts who have seven classic cars that members can drive whenever they want. The Caddy replaced a Lincoln Continental convertible that they just sold. The owner told me I can come drive it if I want to so if you ever get to L.A., I absolutely will take you cruising in it.

Geez, I really wish we'd come over 2 years ago when we had planned to.

Some idiot, it might have been me, suggested we move house, put the trip on hold for 2 years..... you get the picture. :-(

At this rate with this covid thing, it will be a while, but I will take you up on the offer.

So, do we call Max, Mr. Smart or just plain ol 86 now?

Yeah, don't bother coming now unless you want to deal with Covid, fires and constant zombie attacks all at the same time. The offer stands for better times, for sure.

To answer your question:

ian

A real good Answer —for sure !

Sure there is a good story behind that plate 

Enjoy

Ian

You left earthquakes off you list but the idea is clear

Hopefully things will get better the question is just when ??

Enjoy

How could I forget earthquakes? We just had one the other night. Yes, figure on those too.

I am looking for that linkage piece. Where did you get that?

I adapted the linkage plate of an old Rochester 4GC as described by Mike Daly in the attached link to the discussion here a while back. I turned a bushing and silver-soldered it in the correct location. If you don't have an old Rochester part to convert, the part can also be fabricated from scratch. 

http://6364cadillac.ning.com/forum/topics/edelbrock-1406-carb?comme...

I still have all of my parts but prefer to sell them together. If you also want the air cleaner adaptor, I would sell those two parts together for a very reasonable price.

Price reduced to $225 for the lot.

I sold the carb locally but still have the linkage adaptor, spacer and air cleaner adaptor.

How much for the rest of the parts?

Thanks

I am interested in buying? What is the cost?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

ISO mechanic recommendations in Charlotte, NC

Started by Daniela in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Daniela 1 hour ago. 2 Replies

All, I just got my 63 Eldorado Biarritz and am looking for a good trustworthy mechanic/garage that can do repairs and maintenance for it since my knowledge about mechanical things are very limited. I…Continue

63 DV RatRod- need advice

Started by Bob Ricks in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Bob Ricks 5 hours ago. 14 Replies

Hi gang;1963, 390V8I'm looking to clean up a few oil leaks around the Motor Oil pan.  I'll be removing the exhaust & exhaust manifolds and replacing with basic headers and new dual exhaust.. …Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge yesterday. 1 Reply

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Balancer and flywheel

Started by Kim K Kaiser in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Kim K Kaiser yesterday. 3 Replies

I dropped off my block at machine shop other day, and asked about balancung the crankshaft, wheter i needed to get all the pistons, rings, etc. For him to weigh them and balance.  I had seen it done…Continue

Blog Posts

Help on Removal of rear seatback on 64 convertible

Posted by Nile Bolen on January 8, 2021 at 11:44am 7 Comments

I'm trying to remove the rear seatback on my 1964 deville conv.  The only help on this site that I can find is the following:

The seatback, its bright stainless trim, and the speaker grille are removed as an assembly.  The seat back hangs on two hooks near the top, and is retained to the body by two bolts and washers near the floor, one on the right side, one on the left.Once these fasteners are removed, lift the seat back upward and free it from the hooks

I've removed…

Continue

Bumper lower bucket

Posted by Ray Schick on January 1, 2021 at 4:33pm 3 Comments

1964 Convertible Seats.

Posted by michael moorman on November 30, 2020 at 5:29pm 1 Comment

Are the front and rear seat frames the same for 63/64 Coupes and Convertibles because Original parts group  makes reproduction seat covers for 1963 only and and i prefer the 1963 seat pattern so with that being said does anyone have information regarding this thanks.

Picture of ignition switch

Posted by Cees de Bunje on November 27, 2020 at 6:20am 0 Comments

Does anyone have a close-up picture of the ignitionswitch with keys in it made in landscape format? Switch must be in dashboard. Many thanks in advance. Cees.

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2021   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service