Hi guys, has anybody experiences in installing an engine oil cooler? Since I've mounted a hitch (see pics) for towing my caravan the engine is getting hotter than normally - the temp display needle is in the middle and sometimes even a little more. I've already installed an additional electrical fan in front of the radiator. I know that I need a "sandwich" plate between the oil filter and the bracket, hoses and a radiator. But does this really work and help bringing the engine temp down ? Thank you, Robert

Views: 301

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is the reading my non a/c '63 has run at as long as I've had it. I call it the 5/16 mark.

Jason, you mean 80's degrees Celsius. (nice pic)

No.. I mean the outside temperature was in the 80's Fahrenheit. I believe it was about 85 Degrees most of the way.  The point was I drove the car 2 1/2 hrs, mostly at 75 mph, with temps around 85 degrees outside, (or about 29.4 degrees Celsius) and the temp gauge was just past the 1/4 mark, which has been my experience with "Dino" since I bought it in 1996.

The lower speedometer cable is very different, having a "keyed" end where it attaches to the head unit. I just sold my last one for now last month but can put you on my Wait List for another one. I do have the other top cable that goes from head unit to speedometer.  I should also have most of the other cruise control parts. Email me at jasonedge@nc.rr.com

Here is a picture of the lower "keyed" cable for reference.

Thanks for the picture. I didn't know how it looks like. Yes, please put me on the wait list. Is the upper cable different too? Do you have a picture of it? On thursday I'll invite a friend of mine who has 2 parts cars - one of it has/had cruise and I will see what is left of it. 

The cruise head unit to speedometer cable is very similar to the regular trans to speedometer cable used in non-cruise equipped cars, except it is approximately 36" long versus 64" for the standard cable. The standard cable can be used as the cruise head unit to speedometer cable, however, you will have 28" of extra cable to deal with! I checked and have 2 of the correct shorter 36" top cables. The price is $30 and would need an address to look up shipping. If interested in this cable or getting in the Wait List for the other trans to head unit cable, email me with contact info and address at jasonedge@nc.rr.com 

Robert

Looks like you hsve the engine and trans temps under control with the towing and outside temps
Good for you

Enjoy

A good number of miles --at a high rate of speed
Good to see --Dino --doing so very well to be passing that performance test
That Baby is performing --wonderfully ( and best paint too)

Enjoy

Robert

Looks to me you got some good recognition in your post and answers

Enjoy

Jason

Should we expect any less from-- MR Carnack ( THE MAGNIFICENT ) Edge --with the 64 CDV he hand built ---to absolute perfection
I really do think ---NOT !!!!!!!!!
Just cannot at all picture DINO smooking on the shoulder on the side of the highway for any reason
Yes---HIS 64 CDV is better than yours ----LOL !!!
That dam car better run real good after the energy and talet that went into that car -- and of coarse it has

Enjoy

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Classic Cadillac Parts For Sale - Misc Items

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 1 hour ago. 161 Replies

I have posted a few Misc items over on my Classic Cadillac Parts Facebook page at…Continue

Tags: classic cadillac parts, classiccadillacparts

NOTHING IN MOTORING COULD PLEASE HER MORE!

Started by Jason Edge in Chapter Discussion 3 hours ago. 0 Replies

Ok.. How about one more scan for today from the 1964 Cadillac Mailer I will be including in an upcoming newsletter.…Continue

Discover a New Measure of Automobile Pleasure!

Started by Jason Edge in Chapter Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 6 hours ago. 1 Reply

OK. I'm having fun with this mailer I have scanned in. Cadillac sure had a way with describing their cars back in the day! Here is the back cover of the 6 page mailer you will seen in an upcoming…Continue

Blog Posts

Starter Solenoid replacement-how difficult? Where to buy?

Posted by Norman Silverman on August 20, 2019 at 8:24pm 8 Comments

Hello All.

I believe the starter solenoid has gone bad in my 64 DeVille. When I turn the key, often all I get is a click, then if I try a few times again the starter turns perfectly. All battery cables are on tight and the battery is good. So, I believe this problem is the solenoid. Where do I buy the right solenoid and is it necessary to remove the starter in order to swap it out? …

Continue

Frame Markings

Posted by Gene McIlroy on August 12, 2019 at 6:26pm 1 Comment

Just got my frame back from powder coating so thought I would post photos of the front and rear frame markings.…

Continue

Lining up the drive shaft

Posted by Dominic Salemi on August 12, 2019 at 5:47pm 2 Comments

Can anyone shed some light on how to position the complete drive shaft in the correct position? I want to make sure my drive shaft is installed properly.

Thanks

Dominic

Upper A Arm Rubber Bumpers

Posted by Gene McIlroy on August 12, 2019 at 1:30pm 3 Comments

I have found a very good replacement part for the Upper A Arm Bumpers.  The top part is identical to the originals the bottom can be used as is or after a few minutes with a belt sander can be ground to the V shape as the originals were.  The replacement bumpers are for a 2001 to 2005 S10 Sanoma or Blazer.  Part number is on the box in the photos.  First photo is the box next to the box is the S10 part and an original.  Next photo shows my sanded down part next to an original.…

Continue

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service