Maybe a separate forum could be added under Forums for off-topic discussions? For stuff that clearly is not related to Cadillacs 63/64. Ofc we have the General Discussions but to me that is a forum for stuff related to our cars but does not belong in the Restoration Forum.

So give Tony a forum he can talk about his boats or films, Kevin to ask about immigration and Clovis to show pictures from his Thirsty Island.

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent idea! I will set one up later today or tomorrow. I know many of us love to share our other passions, and other things not specifically related to the 63/64 Cadillacs, especially as we become friends and get to know each other.  I think the fact we do like to interact above and beyond simple tech talk is indicative of our close knit community here.  It also differentiates us from most typical forums and websites.
So... stay tuned for a new forum later on.  

Anders do you mean stuff like this?

I like vintage collectibles! Perhaps we can do a collectibles forum too. I think right now the non-63/64 Specific Forum will suffice... but can consider more options.

Love it.

Ok, so ....
- what was the General Forum is now the 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion forum.
For 1963/64 Cadillac specific discussions. This includes both technical and Authenticity Discussions specific to the 1963/64 Cadillac.

- There is a new General Discussion forum.
For topics of general interest that are not 1963/64 Cadillac specific.

I have reordered the Forums as follows:
- 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion
- Restoration Discussion
- General Discussion

Note:
- I have moved a few posts to the new General Forum, but, creators of posts should be able to move their own posts as appropriate.
- If  you post a general comment that is completely unrelated to the topic at hand, I cannot split post and can only delete them. So, try to stay on topic as we solves these wonderful 1963/64 Cadillac Mysteries.
- Also, note that this brings up more in line with the CLC Forum boards at www.forums.CadillacLaSalleClub.org, except, I have put General Discussion 3rd in line since most of our discussions tend to center around 1963/64 Cadillac Specific topics.

Thanks Boss, this should be much better.

Anders
Should at least get a website --gold star ( Or a golden themistst award ) For his off topic discussion bolg that he has suggested

Enjoy

I think that deserves an official 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter V Award!

:-)

No hubcaps though. I do like that plaque.

Love the Cadillac Chapter V Award --a whole lot !!!!!!!!!!!
WOW--- that is one GOOD looking AWARD --

Enjoy

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Question: comfortable highway speed?

Started by Mark Geertsma in General Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 4 hours ago. 13 Replies

What is your preferred cruising speed on highways with your classic Cadillac? What I mean is the speed that allows for relatively quiet and comfortable cruising without slowing down other traffic.…Continue

Tags: speed, Highway

Stainless steel side trim

Started by Tony and Ginny 429 in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Charles Fares 11 hours ago. 2 Replies

Have you noticed the stainess steel side trim on the CDV the convertibles and other models in our years cars is in the-- EXACT PERFECT location to help prevent any damage happening to the paint on…Continue

Tags: trim, side, Stainless

1964 NOS fabric for sale

Started by Steven Aaron in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Steven Aaron 15 hours ago. 1 Reply

NOS Dark green cloth used in de Villes. 1-2/3 yards.Please text me is you are interested. $50 +shipping. Thanks, StevenContinue

Dealer Installed Options

Started by Ronnie Lay in General Discussion. Last reply by Kevin Campbell yesterday. 19 Replies

I just dragged a 64 Fleetwood home from a field in Texas and it has some options that are not on the ID tag. It has twilight sentinel, cruise control and a white painted top that are not noted on…Continue

Blog Posts

Flashers

Posted by Mike Petrey on January 13, 2019 at 12:25pm 7 Comments

Where do the flashers go in my 64 Deville Convert.  I'm thinking that's why both turn signals stopped working.

Source for Motor mounts and Trans mounts 1964 SDV

Posted by Norman Silverman on January 9, 2019 at 4:23pm 2 Comments

Hi.

Where is the best place to purchase good quality motor mounts/trans mounts for my 1964 SDV? I see that Rock Auto has them for $8 and change, and others for $24 and change. Big difference. Is there a better place to buy them from?

Thanks

Norm

Fuel loss in Carburetor

Posted by Ian Osborne on December 29, 2018 at 11:24pm 16 Comments

Lately if I haven't started my '63 in four or five days it seems that the carburetor has gone dry. The starter cranks for an extended period of time and the engine doesn't come close to firing. I have resorted to pouring a little fuel into the carb to save the starter and battery. This gets it started and it runs fine. It also starts fine after sitting a short while - a couple hours or so.

The fuel pump is new and there is always fuel in the glass bowl of the fuel filter. This, along…

Continue

interior

Posted by John Rueff on December 19, 2018 at 4:24pm 3 Comments

I would like to upholster my caddy back to original.   Does anyone know where I can look at some pictures or photos.  Also, how hard is it to remove the dash?  thanks

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service