Has anyone add FI Tech Fuel Injection Set up on their 63 / 64 Cadillac? 

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about checking the Help section?

Hi Travis, Click on the Help tab in header and scroll down to Fitech Fuel Injection link.  Also use the Search function in upper right of screen. Perhaps others have installed the Fitech setup and can provide you with additional feedback.  

Hi Travis

I have the Fitech set up on a stroker 347 Mustang. Great interchangeable parameters however the self learn mode works well. I picked up fuel economy now gets 9 MPG instead of 7! Mainly gets driven on WOT ha ha. Picked up a noticeable power improvement too. 

I would be reluctant to install it on my 64, the Rochester and Carter are great carbies when set up correctly.

Travis

From following the posts on this site about the Fitech system It is a bit of a complicated system to set up correctly
Serious computer skills are needed to take advantage of what it has to offer
A fuel pump in the gas tank is required to keep fuel pressure in the correct range
For that reason i agree with you that the stock carb is better for the average owner of our cars
Keep it simple as there are a lot of things that require renewing and restoration in a 55 year old car besides the carb
The Fitech system seems more suited for a high performance set up like your stang
The Cadillac engines --are not high performance --as some people think just because they are big displacement engines --only turning 4600 RPMS

My son is running a 408 stroker motor in a 92 hatch back strange 9 inch rear 6 speed trimec trans on nitrous a 9 sec machine street machine
Thought you would find that interesting owning a stang
We have the race car and boat racing genes in our family

Enjoy

Enjoy

I guess i forgot to mention that the 390 was built at Carolina Machine and Engine in Johslnston South Carolina...they had a hight lift (565) cam made, turned crank, roller rockers, and bored to a 413...backed by a 700R4 with a 2500 stall. The carb is fine, i was just looking for a more consistent system.
Thanks everyone!

Travis
Sounds like a very strong 413 you have i would be thinking in a 63 Cadillac

Do post a video of the engine running if you are able
Love to hear it

Do you like the 700R trans behind that engine
I think the first time i have seen that

Very much more engine performance than many try to squeeze out of our stock Cadillac engines in most cases

Enjoy

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

New photo gallery

Started by Tony and Ginny 429 in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 1 hour ago. 8 Replies

Having trouble posting my picture in the new gallery but managed to get the text right The computer WIZ - I am NOT ! Stay safe my friends Continue

New Car Gallery Page Created - Post a Picture of your 1963/64 Cadllac

Started by Jason Edge in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 2 hours ago. 4 Replies

Hello 63/64 Cadillac Website Members,Hope you are all staying safe amid the Coronavirus shutdown and wanted to share something new & fun on the 63/64 Cadllac Website at…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 3 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

1963 coupe deville front relocation shock kit

Started by Daniel Grande in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason A 12 hours ago. 6 Replies

Howdy everyone had a question maybie you guys can help me,I have a 1963 coupe deville and i got it with air bags problem is its way to bouncy in the front need to get a shock relocatio ok n kit but I…Continue

Blog Posts

How to sensibly deal with the Corona Virus

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on March 14, 2020 at 5:02pm 6 Comments

https://theamericanscholar.org/covid-19-a-primer/

I found this very helpful, written by a knowledgeable authority in public health. 

Remember, Viruses are not spread by Cadillacs so get out and drive!

Safe & Healthy travels. 

Jeff Kinzler

1963 Eldorado convertible boot

Posted by Les Eastling on February 27, 2020 at 10:33am 1 Comment

I need a used convertible boot for a 63 Cadillac convertible - condition or color is not an issue since it will be used as a pattern for making a new one. One from either a 62 series convertible or an Eldorado would work. I know I am searching for hen's teeth here... but you never know unless you ask!

Looking for 63 Convertible / Coupe rear side trim

Posted by Gene McIlroy on January 24, 2020 at 12:18pm 0 Comments

Want to find a good straight dent free rear side trim for my 1963 Convertible.  I have both sides but they do not match.  Wanting to get them to match.  I am attaching a photo of the two trim sided that I have really wanting the squared off trim if I can get it.  Let's see what you have,…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service