spring cleaning time, replaced the fuel filter after a long spell, and now a leak from the top of the tank!

related?

easily a drop a second or more in volume.

I’m assuming its a corrupt hose, is it easy to get at with the rear on jack stands?

Thanks!

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have a gas tank venting hose in front of the gas tank- just above the rear axel
Do be sure that piece of metal S shaped tubing and hose are in good condition

Not sure what leaking from the top means but leaking gas can get expensive real quick with our prices rising every few days in Florida USA
From 2.19 a gallon to 2.59 at present in about a week or so

Enjoy

From reading other posts I ‘m hoping its the vent hose.

leaks down the front of the tank from the top.

Thanks!

The gas tank overflow tube may not be in its correct position
A gas smell when on an incline is an indication That tube is not in its correct position
The hose coupling there can be worn cracked and leaking
Remove that hose to inspect it as i could not see the rubber hose damage until i did that in my case
The hose looked good until examining it in front of my nose with it off the car In my case so just a heads up on that
Really liked doing that necessary repair to eliminate my sometimes gas smell in my own garage
Felt good to eliminate that problem
All gas related rubber hosing SB ethanol compatble these days to prevent rubber hose detereration from the gas We are using

Enjoy

Replace all three fuel line hoses. They are rotten if never changed before and or the ethanol in the fuel has done them in. Vent, return and fuel line. As Tony has stated. 

All the fuel lines go to the top of the gas tank on the passenger side of the tank
Removing the rear passenger tire and rim will have you looking at the fuel lines there
Good chance one or more of those rubber hoses are split and damaged from wear and age

SB an easy fix just replacing hoses using hose compatible with todays Ethanol fuel and some hose clamps
An easy fix to loosing expensive gas and a gas fuel smell

Enjoy

A project for tomorrow then

thanks, and I’ll photo and report

cheers

Yes vent line was run too tight (90 degree bends) hard as a rock and many cracks.
All replaced now!
Thanks! love this forum!
Will

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Hollander Interchange Classic Manual

Started by Jason A in General Discussion. Last reply by Brad Watson 4 hours ago. 1 Reply

Does the Hollander Interchange Classic Search Manual III have any info for a 1964 CDV?  Wanted to see if anyone has used it before purchasing the book.Thanks!Continue

The Australian Bushfires:.......

Started by Kevin Campbell in General Discussion. Last reply by Kurt yesterday. 10 Replies

I know we have some Aussies on here and I have to say, Australia, is in a whole world of hurt at the moment, so do ya best to stay safe.Currently, in the southern states, 4 huge fire fronts, look…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge yesterday. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

How much play in 63 timing chain?

Started by Ben Roberts in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 on Saturday. 4 Replies

I will be installing a new chain and gears because I'm in this deep and all the forums here strongly recommend doing so.  It appears the coating is intact and I don't have to worry about that debris…Continue

Blog Posts

1964 429 Aluminum Front Cover For Sale!

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on January 12, 2020 at 3:30pm 1 Comment

• I wound up with an extra front cover for my '64 and offering it for sale.

Purchased from a knowledgable part supplier with thorough hands-on knowledge of 63-64 Cadillac engines, who checked the part before sending it to me. The oil pump driven gearSee S bore and the pressure relief piston bore are both .002 over and within the .005…

Continue

Looking for the Rochester Choke Tube ...

Posted by Mack on January 10, 2020 at 1:14am 3 Comments

37E244B6-71C7-4857-8D50-1BD8C48077A4.jpeg

Looking to buy the choke tube for my Rochester... anybody have one for Sale???

AC/heater for 1964 Cadillac coupe de ville

Posted by Matias J. Adrogue on January 7, 2020 at 11:11am 9 Comments

Good morning!  I am Matias Adrogue.  I bought a 1964 Cadillac coupe de ville last year and am real close to the final restoration details!  I call her “Jaws 64”.  Pics will be posted soon.  I need advise regarding a AC/heater.  It came stock in the vehicle but it does not work.  A mechanic gave me a bid of $1700 to replace and repair.  I am ready to install a new system - Vintage Air or Old Air Products from Fort Worth Texas.  I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.  I read the great write…

Continue

63 cadi conv

Posted by Merlino jean marc on December 31, 2019 at 2:51pm 0 Comments

Hello everyone 

As a European, I fell in love with Americans cars and Americana stuff.

I bought a running 63 for cheap .but there is no secret when you buy cheap ,it is big project. The car needs everything. Overtime I was able to slowing buy parts .actually  I am looking for the passenger front lower section which is becoming harder ,and harder to find

The car has a lot of issue with rust.it needs a paint,a top and I need to replace all floor pans.with patience and…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service