I just installed both passenger side headlights over to halogen bulbs and now I cant turn off the high beams ??? Did I do something wrong ?? Maybe pull a wire loose?? Any help would be APPRECIATED!! I removed the new bulbs to see if anything would change and didnt help. 

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does the car have the guide matic headlight system?

Yes

Rotate the knob on the dash eye to the off position and see if the high beams go off with the foot selector.

If not, disconnect the 3 pin connector at the guide matic relay under the dash by the steering column, and route that wire harness to the dimmer switch. Plug in the rerouted wire harness to the dimmer switch.  You have just now disconnected the guide matic system from the cars headlight system.

Halogen lights use more power. So best is to use a relay and take the current straight from the battery.

This drawing should help you on your way if you don't have one available:

I sell the relay wire harness for 70.00  but you need to figure out why the high beams are staying on first.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Stuck gas pedal?

Started by Haris dizdarevic in General Discussion. Last reply by Haris dizdarevic 5 hours ago. 7 Replies

So my friend has a 63 and his pedal gets stuck when he pushes it and has to pull it back up with his hands I took off this in Hope's it'll be this easy see picture thanks! Continue

She's Almost Done!

Started by Mark Borer in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by Kevin Campbell 11 hours ago. 56 Replies

Hey guysThe convertible finally has some color on it!!Hoping I have it back sometime early next weekThen the long process of putting it back togetherHope you like the picsMarkContinue

Piston rings position

Started by Jeroen Welgemoed in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 15 hours ago. 9 Replies

Hi guys. I got my pistons in and mounted the heads on my 390 engine. I was checking compression. Seems like i have some blow by. But i can feel compression on each cylinder. Maybe i got my piston…Continue

Blog Posts

Cadillac Dealer Promo Film -1962

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on October 20, 2018 at 4:00am 10 Comments

https://youtu.be/cn_dcm_B_MM

This explains some of Cadillac's history and reputation for quality in a way that is historically…

Continue

Pinion seal

Posted by Michael Jarnagin on October 14, 2018 at 7:10pm 2 Comments

Can anyone give me a brief and easy way to replace the rear differential pinion seal mine is leaking and spraying gear lube everywhere. Thank you Michael 

Radio for sale:

Posted by Ray Schick on October 7, 2018 at 11:28am 0 Comments

Retro Sound Radio,

am-fm  with 30 pre sets,built in amp 18watts 40watts peak x 4 channels.

bass,treble,fader, balance

push button styling, Aux input for IPods.power antenna & amp turn on leads

works excellent $140.00 plus the shipping.…

Continue

Battery Cable Hold Down

Posted by Ray Schick on October 2, 2018 at 2:40pm 6 Comments

I was walking d own the hardware isle and “Boom” had a idea for these…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service