My AC compressor is leaking from the groove I marked with the little screwdriver. It is a broken shaft seal, correct? Where can I get a new seal and do I really need the seal remover tool J-9392 for removal and installation? I already searched at Rockauto without luck.

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kurt 
STV eliminator kit is the right part to install when using. 134A  —so thank you for that 

When the kit cycles the compressor as  It is designed to do (  it reduces compressor wear and affects gas mile in a positive way ) it is now suppling  the pressures in the AC system that the 134A Freon requires to Cool as intended 

I presently have 134a in my system since 2006 with no issues with the compressor leaking and is my original compressor 

The shop that did my Freon replacement never did install the STV eliminator into my own car and I learned of it after that was done 

My system does not get cold enough as it stands 

I wil be going thru the entire system both heat and Ac of my comfort control system  and I do have the option to Use R12 Freon as my neighbor was in the auto AC repair business 
Mostly no immediate emergency as I use the car mostly with the top down but I have acquired all the parts and am prepared to replace the compressor if final testing requires that is needed 

I do not plan on using the AC much but still need it to be working as it should even if  only once in a while 

I actually miss the heat not  working more than the AC  as I loved coming back at night with the cooler temps when the top is down having that heater blasting keeping me toasty warm in the car ( very enjoyable ) 

The heat these large cubic inch engines turn out when called on is another amazing creature comfort 

The 20 degree winters in NY  most  of my life were sure proof of how warm these cars can keep you and that can be very enjoyable as well 

Enjoy and Stay Safe 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

floor

Started by Planet-automobile in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 10 hours ago. 6 Replies

hi this part of floor is available new? I did not find on the net where I have to look for a used partthank you…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 10 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Center consoles? Let's see 'em

Started by Tosh Dickenson in General Discussion 13 hours ago. 0 Replies

Would like to add a center console with a place for drinks and maybe a bluetooth receiver.  Anybody here built a console for their Caddy?  I'd love to see them!Continue

help adding fluid to top motor for '64.

Started by john kilbourne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by john kilbourne 22 hours ago. 5 Replies

Is there a Youtube about this? From what I can learn for other lesser cars, such as they may be, the drill is: remove rear seat bottom and back, remove the plug from the top motor reservoir, use a…Continue

Blog Posts

63 Caddy Horn

Posted by Robert Alan Shannon on May 27, 2020 at 9:25am 9 Comments

Just noticed a 1963  Caddy trumpet horn on Ebay. No part # given but some of his other items are 1963 specific, just throwin this out there, I have no connection to this listing .

Wiring connection help.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 24, 2020 at 9:15pm 2 Comments

Can someone help me figure where these connections go? I have a 64 60 special if it matters.…

Continue

Wood grain finally done.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 20, 2020 at 4:57pm 3 Comments

After years of wanting to, I finally redid my wood dash paneling on my 64 60s. Not too hard to do either.…

Continue

390 engine replacement needed

Posted by Jason on May 18, 2020 at 7:54pm 1 Comment

I’m looking for a 1963 Cadillac 390 engine that runs. 

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service