Oh geez, a few on here have numerous other classic cars and last weekend I bought a bit of hybrid one.

Its a 1961 Austin Lancer (looks near identical to a Morris Major Elite) which are a Pommy derived thing built here in the great land Down-Under. They are only little, but have fins and chrome.... so pretty cool.

I got it off a 70 year old guy and his wife for a song, as it does require a paint job and few odds and ends sorted, as it hasn't seen the blacktop in 14 years.

The crazy bastard has fitted the car with a 2 litre, single OHC twin plug engine, 5 speed manual, a Ford Cortina diff, Fiat disc brakes and the list goes on. Its got massive sway bars, lowered and was setup for hill climbs. 

The best bit, is its been Mod Plated by our Transport authority, so rego will be a doodle. I can't wait to get this thing on the road. This thing be slicker than a Teflon coated turd off a chrome plated shovel.

At least now, I have something else to play with..... apart from myself.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kevin

Sounds like a car you can have some fun with and nothing like stick shift for more control of the machine

You will appreciate this :
My son just bought a 1992 mustang fox body hatchback ( very light mustang body ) with a 408 stroker motor 6 speed with a FAB 9 strange rear end
All the other bells and whisles you would expect
650 HP on motor and will be spraying it for about 850 HP on the street
Should run in the 9's in the quarter mile

That kid of mine has speed in his DNA on land and the sea

Enjoy

Good on him....

Nice!........let's see some pictures lad.

I can see your chuffed to add that to the fleet.

A few pics of the mighty Austin Lancer. WE have all the missing bits and then some to assemble this evil little Austin. Brand new windscreen rubbers, door rubbers, NOS stuff..... should, go together fairly easily.

1. The Austin is only about 7 or 8 years old in this shot. It was used as a rally car and gymkhana car.

2. The only rust, was under the boot in the beaver panel. It was cut out by the previous owner (I have the piece) and have the new bit ready to weld in.
    That's being done on Saturday afternoon.

3. Ha ha ha, frenched/sunken radio aerial, slightly pumped rear guards... she's a custom jobbie. The fabricated rear bumper will be replaced by a MK1 Cortina unit.

4. Shit a brick, these little  2 litre Nissan motors go well. If anyone bumps into the robot from Lost In Space, tell him I have his missing arm.

5. Little bit of modified bodywork under the grille for the oil cooler and lecky fan

Cool looking little car, that looks like it will be a lot of fun.

And, hey it's got fins!

Congrats on the addition and good luck with it.

Thanks mate.... :-)

Kevin

Love seeing a car i never saw before coming out of your country
Keep us posted on your progress

This should keep you buzy for a bit

A competition ralley car should move around real sweet and be FUN to own !!

Enjoy

Whilst built here in Oz Tony, they are a pommy car.

But hey, anything with fins, chrome bumper, quarter window and a dipper switch on the floor is pretty damn cool in my eyes.

Hah, I've been a bit busy of late..... but its now finished, except for the white walls. These things are no Cadillac, that's for sure. They're short, tall ugly little gangly looking things, but someone will love it when it goes up for sale next week.

I couldn't find a rear bumper bar to save myself, so when I had a good does of the grumps, i got a mark 1 Ford Cortina rear bar, cut 4 and 1/8 inches out of the bloody thing, welded it and then flipped it upside down. I made my own brackets and BINGO.... bar done.

Wow, that bumper looks right at home on the car. If you didn't tell me, I'd assume it was factory.

I was pretty proud of that bit of handy work.

Real nice job with the bumpers Kev 

They do look like they could be stock on that car which is a real nice look 

Enjoy 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 12 hours ago. 1 Reply

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

F/S 1963/1964 Cadillac parts

Started by Bob Hoffmann in For Sale. Last reply by Russ Austin yesterday. 7 Replies

1963 center bumper & license guard only.1964 front bumper complete, less license guard1964 lower grille1964 cornering lightsAll these parts are from a California car.1964 dash pad. black, great…Continue

1964 Twilight Sentinel

Started by Charles Fares in For Sale yesterday. 0 Replies

Complete USED Twilight Sentinel from a low-mileage, dry California car.  All components and electrical connectors present, no cut wires, nothing damaged or missing. It's plug and play. Send me an…Continue

Re jetting Carter AFB

Started by Robin Evans in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 yesterday. 7 Replies

Is it possible to use Edlebrock main jets and needles in a Carter AFB Carburettor. My 64 Coupe Deville runs duel straight through exhaust and this makes the mixture week in mid range and top end. How…Continue

Tags: Duel, Exhaust:, Straight, through:, Fueling:

Blog Posts

Stuck at two red (dash) lights!

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on November 3, 2019 at 10:00pm 9 Comments

I hope someone can help solve these two electrical problems that appeared one after the other.

By way of background: The car, a '64 Eldorado has very limited use. It was at a restoration shop for 15 months until last January-  that supposedly did a bunch of wiring repairs including rebuilding the gas gauge that still hasn't worked properly, and the clock that hasn't worked, and re-soldering the broken wires in the drive door. All window and seat controls appear to be…

Continue

driveshaft help

Posted by wayne weaver on October 9, 2019 at 4:41pm 1 Comment

can anyone help me with a driveshaft ? I have a 1963 Cadillac 62 series 4dr with the hydro-matic trans. I need the male splined shaft on the front of the rear driveshaft section. the piece with the nut attached by clip.id be willing to buy a shaft if its not horribly priced.

Dash removal

Posted by Jake Mickley on October 9, 2019 at 12:06am 9 Comments

Hello everyone,

On a 63 CDV, if a guy wanted to remove the entire dash to get all the metal painted, and do some other things behind there, how would he go about doing that?  I checked here and the shop manual, but can't find a complete guide.

As always, and help or direction is appreciated.  Thanks!

--Jake

Introducing myself

Posted by Gary Marchand on October 7, 2019 at 9:32pm 8 Comments

Thanks for letting me join the club.  Picked up this ‘64 Coupe Deville a few months ago out of Beverly MA, the car has few stickers on it from various Cadillac clubs, didn’t know if anyone might recognize it from it’s “Glory days.” Everything seems pretty healthy except for the body and some very Mickey Mouse repairs, was wondering if anyone had any leads on…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service