Anyone install better quality intake manifold gaskets?

Views: 535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Update, just painted my replacement intake with Bill Hirsch Cadillac Dark Blue paint. Love this stuff, so rich & thick. They said I would have to wait 2 weeks until the paint cures, no biggie ! 

another up date, waited two weeks after painting the intake to install as I was told to do. Got off work early so I put her in, running like a champ, purring like a kitten.

if you look at the pic I posted on 10/11/2017 you can see a threaded hole on the top right side of the intake manifold, the one on the bottom right it a vacuum port for my AC system, the brake manifold connects to a port on the bottom of may carb. Both Jason & Russ have advised me to just plug it so I have. But I would like to know if anyone else has one on their intake manifold & what it's for ?

That looks great Joe. Two thumbs up on your work. I'll try and remember to check my manifold tomorrow. But I believe mine only has the closer one with the vacuum tee screwed into it.

I think that is a pathway for exhaust gasses to warm up the bottom of the carb to aid in cold start. Only the original carbs benefit from this I think. 

• no, that's on the bottom of the intake manifold, it also warms the air used by the choke.

I was curious why the fast idle diaphragm was positioned forward as opposed to what's fitted in my car. So had to look up the manual. You have a Rochester carburetor. I didn't know about this.

Rochester 4GC Carburetor:

Carter AFB Carburetor:

Let us know how the paint holds up on the exh runners of the intake manifold.  2 weeks is a long time to wait on paint, but if you have a spare to paint while you drive the car, it would be OK.

There is an expression if something is really boring; "Its like watching paint dry"

Joe I do not have that port opening on my intake. My block is a '65 though so it may also be a 65 intake.

i installed the Felpro Gaskets (MS8931SH1) about a year ago and it sucks air now!

have to remove the Intake again and replace the gaskets with the ones from Best.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Steering Wheel

Started by Mark Borer in General Discussion 1 hour ago. 0 Replies

plz watch this videoIt shows play between the 2 cylinders that make up my columni have tightened everything up as best as I can....but it moves a bitthe lower cover had a screw that lined it up, and…Continue

Exhaust manifold: Repair, replace or headers?

Started by Dutch Dickinsen in General Discussion 2 hours ago. 0 Replies

My newly acquired '64 Coupe DeVille suffers from a cracked right side exhaust manifold.It looks like my options are limited to rolling the dice on a used manifold, converting to headers or seeing if…Continue

Tags: 429, manifold, exhaust

Help! I need a 1964 Eldorado front left fender.

Started by Jorge M in Wanted to Buy. Last reply by Jon Ettman 3 hours ago. 5 Replies

Help looking for a 1964 Eldorado front fender for a convertible.Thank you please contact djjmoreno84@gmail.comContinue

Classic Cadillac Parts For Sale - Misc Items

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 22 hours ago. 157 Replies

I have posted a few Misc items over on my Classic Cadillac Parts Facebook page at…Continue

Tags: classic cadillac parts, classiccadillacparts

Blog Posts

Frame Markings

Posted by Gene McIlroy on August 12, 2019 at 6:26pm 1 Comment

Just got my frame back from powder coating so thought I would post photos of the front and rear frame markings.…

Continue

Lining up the drive shaft

Posted by Dominic Salemi on August 12, 2019 at 5:47pm 2 Comments

Can anyone shed some light on how to position the complete drive shaft in the correct position? I want to make sure my drive shaft is installed properly.

Thanks

Dominic

Upper A Arm Rubber Bumpers

Posted by Gene McIlroy on August 12, 2019 at 1:30pm 3 Comments

I have found a very good replacement part for the Upper A Arm Bumpers.  The top part is identical to the originals the bottom can be used as is or after a few minutes with a belt sander can be ground to the V shape as the originals were.  The replacement bumpers are for a 2001 to 2005 S10 Sanoma or Blazer.  Part number is on the box in the photos.  First photo is the box next to the box is the S10 part and an original.  Next photo shows my sanded down part next to an original.…

Continue

Roof motor

Posted by Dermot Robinson on August 11, 2019 at 8:44am 2 Comments

Replacing my convertible roof motor.

Has anyone any experience or advice on replacing the roof motor on a 1964 Cadillac Deville .

Please..

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service