A good mate of mine mows the grass for an elderly couple a few miles away. The other day, while at the back door receiving his payment, he noticed the picture of a 1964 Cadillac on the wall.

My mate mentioned my car, which in turn, became an invite for me to show them my car.

Yesterday, I took a run down to their place and the lovely old couple (him 90, her 88) showed me several photos of a white Sedan Deville.

He'd bought the car, in the mid to late 60's, he told me.. The fellow they bought it off, was killed in a speedway crash in 1967, and a google search told me he was correct, so it proved when they bought it, the car would have been only a couple of years old.

The car was right hand hook in all the pictures, so it was an expensive purchase for the original owner by the time it was bought into Australia and converted.

After about an hour of seeing every photo they had, I took him for a drive in the Fleetwood. The fellows wife had already been out and checked out my car, noting it was still left hand drive.

His memory, for a 90 year old, was excellent too, he rattled off the torque figures correctly, engine sizes, he knew how to open the hood and commented, that my car seemed to handle better than his.

So, all in all, I made an old couple happy and put a grin on an old blokes face.

My good deed for the day..... I bet I still end up going to hell when I cark it though, who knows, maybe I'll score a spot not so close to the fire with any luck seeing I was such a good boy.

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Kev,

I was wondering about the quality of these jobs. Obviously they can be done well but would involve many hundreds of hours. I would think the most difficult aspect to make look Cadillac quality would be the dashboard and cover. Have you seen many of these cars up close?

Here is one I prepared earlier......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBMz_-O9Gcw

Now that's a head scratcher!

Very nice! The comments are amusing too.

If there was one problem with running LHD in Australia, its being on your own and stuck behind a truck or caravan.

Bloody hard to see around them, so you pick your spots where you can see around sweeping bends or what for an overtaking lane.

If I have the wife in the car, she's very good at telling me when to go. Its either "go for it" or NO.

Small price to pay to keep it LHD.

Of course your wife is good on telling you when to go, to eat, to speak..

Thats her job.

Lol. 

Lmao Anders 

Don't you two start picking on me or i'll do a Tony and run away.

The one that is picking on you is of course your wife...

:-)

LoL!!!!

Oh yeah, i know, but that's her job.

Ha, we were married for 20 years last Wednesday too. Every so often that day, she would just burst into tears and cry uncontrollably. I seem to have that effect on women.

Gratz on the anniversery. Hope your Astrid will stick around for another twenty. But she seem to have a great sense of humour... So she will. 

Regarding Tony's abrupt departure I think Neil Young said it best:

It's better to burn out

than fade away

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

1963 caddy 2 door hardtop for sale

Started by paul in For Sale 27 minutes ago. 0 Replies

Just car body and frame. No engine or trans, have front and back seats

clock problem

Started by paul k in General Discussion. Last reply by paul k 1 hour ago. 2 Replies

I would like to ask how to disconnect front clock knob ?Thank youPaulContinue

Dark cadillac blue engine code anybody

Started by Haris dizdarevic in General Discussion. Last reply by Christopher Codd 3 hours ago. 5 Replies

After a long thought of what color I should paint my cadillac I've finally decided I'd like to paint it the same color as the bill hirsch cadillac dark blue like the engine paint I'm wondering what…Continue

Exhaust Manifold

Started by Travis Phillips in Wanted to Buy. Last reply by Travis Phillips 4 hours ago. 6 Replies

I am in need of a Left Hand Exhaust Manifold for my 1963 Park Avenue 390.Continue

Blog Posts

64 Recirc/Fresh Air Door Actuator replaced; FROM THE INSIDE.

Posted by Norman Silverman on February 4, 2019 at 11:21pm 8 Comments

I am happy to report that I have successfully replaced the Fresh Air/Recirc door actuator that is located on the blower box-and have done so without having to remove the blower box. I did it by taking out the glove box and attacking it from the back.  It took several days, LOTS of patience and some band-aids, but it is done. THE most difficult part -BY FAR- is to remove and then replace the screw that sits on the actuator arm, connecting it to the fresh…

Continue

Flashers

Posted by Mike Petrey on January 13, 2019 at 12:25pm 7 Comments

Where do the flashers go in my 64 Deville Convert.  I'm thinking that's why both turn signals stopped working.

Source for Motor mounts and Trans mounts 1964 SDV

Posted by Norman Silverman on January 9, 2019 at 4:23pm 4 Comments

Hi.

Where is the best place to purchase good quality motor mounts/trans mounts for my 1964 SDV? I see that Rock Auto has them for $8 and change, and others for $24 and change. Big difference. Is there a better place to buy them from?

Thanks

Norm

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service