I have a 1963 Sedan Deville and am trying to bring the interior to its former glory.

My car interior is 'Sandalwood and I need a paint for the lighter colour on the dashboard. Can anyone suggest a decent match?

Thanks!

Views: 429

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

James
Any color can be matched by putting it under a computer
Try an auto paint supplier
They can put it in a spray can or quart can

Enjoy

Assuming your 63 SDV Trim code (see Body Plate on top LH of Cowl) is 44, your Sandalwood metal dash is the same color as the exterior Bahama Sand. My car has the Sandalwood Interior and ordered the interior paint from TCP Global and it was almost a perfect match. I took individual panels off and had my painter spray them and it matched it very close to the rest of the dash.

So, here is their link: http://www.tcpglobal.com/  

1st, go to their Auto Color Library at  http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/     

Enter  your model  year and Cadillac to pull up the Auto Color Library and charts for your particular Cadillac.

Fill in for 1963 Cadillac and see Tech Sheets at bottom and select Acrylic Enamel, enter Light Sandalwood for color, 44 for Chip Formula Number, and 22129 for Manufacturer Paint Code.  

This should be a direct link to the fill in page:

http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1963-Cadillac-pg...

Here is an example of the fill in information if I were ordering this paint ... again!

Here is a picture of the TCB Global interior Light Sandalwood Paint with the specs on the can:

Thanks for the help. The trim code on my VIN plate is 54, does that affect the colour?

Also, I'm in the UK, which makes things a little more awkward :)

James. No 54 is still Sandalwood, just with the Leather Option. If you click on the Tech Sheet in lower left of the link you will see they both decode to 22129.  You can enter either 44 or 54 and 22129 and will end up with the same color. Here is a direct link to the tech sheet: http://images.tcpglobal.com/chips/1963-Cadillac-pg02.jpg

I added the following link to this thread to our Help Page as I often get email asking for a source for interior paints:

Paint - Interior Paint Source, TCB Global

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Re upholstering seats

Started by paul in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 2 hours ago. 5 Replies

Hello all, my question pertains to interior of a recent barn find.  A 1963 cadillac sedan with 16000 original miles.  Unfortunately it had mice in the car, so of course the whole interior which is…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 8 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Disc Brakes and Cadillac 48 spoke wire wheels

Started by James Elkins in General Discussion. Last reply by tim sparks 8 hours ago. 1 Reply

I've been thinking about upgrading to the CPP front disc brake kit for my 64. I'm running the wheel vintiques 15x6" Cadillac wire wheel. The brake kit says must use with a disc brake compatible…Continue

New dimmer switch

Started by Russ Austin in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion 21 hours ago. 0 Replies

I have new headlight dimmer switches for cars with the guidematic system…Continue

Blog Posts

Is there a separate Starter Relay, or does the Solenoid serve that purpose?

Posted by Norman Silverman on August 30, 2019 at 5:57pm 7 Comments

Hello All.

I will be replacing the starter solenoid tomorrow (actually my mechanic will do the work, I'll just supervise). In checking the FSM electrical schematic and chapter verbiage, I don't see anything that looks like (or is referred to as) a starter Relay. It seems the Starter Solenoid serves the function and there's no separate relay. Right or Wrong?

If wrong, where…

Continue

Starter Solenoid replacement-how difficult? Where to buy?

Posted by Norman Silverman on August 20, 2019 at 8:24pm 8 Comments

Hello All.

I believe the starter solenoid has gone bad in my 64 DeVille. When I turn the key, often all I get is a click, then if I try a few times again the starter turns perfectly. All battery cables are on tight and the battery is good. So, I believe this problem is the solenoid. Where do I buy the right solenoid and is it necessary to remove the starter in order to swap it out? …

Continue

Frame Markings

Posted by Gene McIlroy on August 12, 2019 at 6:26pm 1 Comment

Just got my frame back from powder coating so thought I would post photos of the front and rear frame markings.…

Continue

Lining up the drive shaft

Posted by Dominic Salemi on August 12, 2019 at 5:47pm 2 Comments

Can anyone shed some light on how to position the complete drive shaft in the correct position? I want to make sure my drive shaft is installed properly.

Thanks

Dominic

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service