Did some looking around to see where i could find some new 265 75r 15  radial tires for the 64 convert 

The current radial I have on the car 

I was  very surprised to see the size has become a problem to locate with a close to stock looking skinny WW 

Any thoughts  or leads on the subject would be appreciated 

It appears only 235 75r 15 tires are available but do not know what that size change would mean to the ride if they are usable on our cars 

Enjoy 

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a tire size calculator link on our help page. Are you sure you have 265/75/15? That would be a huge tire almost 31” tall and over 10” wide... more like a truck tire. It would be about 1” taller and 2” wider than the factory 8.2x15 bias ply tires!

My correct radial tire size is 235 75R 15  — not 265 75R 15 so I do now have a number of brands to be considering 

Jason Thanks for your observation regarding my incorrect size as that helped me to see that it was not correct and corrected the confusion on my end 

Enjoy 

8-9- 20 

Hankook makes a nice 235 75R 15 skinny WW tire for our cars  70,000 miles $ 342 for the tires ( 4 ) not including mounting -on the Walmart site as a special order sent to the store - like the tread design myself - a brand I have had  good results with on other cars 

TVC custom 428 AS  skinny white wall 40,000 miles $ 317  for 4 not installed - like the tread design 

Not knowing the company I looked them up to find they have a good rep and any tire has to meet gov quality standards 

Goodyear —does not make any WW tire for our cars at all but has been my first choice in the past when they did 

Cocker has a radial tire that looks just like the original stock Bias ply tires from the factory ( the look ) but it is a radial tire - they are just over $ 1,000 for 4 ( they got a lot of style for the - I gotta be stock or die  guys ! )

Cocker has the Travelstar brand skinny WW  that is $304 for 4 not installed 

A bit of a tire education as I have not been shopping for tires for my 64 for a long time 

All above tires are all season radials n

Tires as a rule SB changed every  10 years  if not worn out and inspections done at lesser intervals to look for damage 

Having a collector car that is used on a limited basis I exceed the 10 year period with  minimal tread wear and being in Florida the high outdoor temp take its toll on the tire and require inspection at intervals 

I have heard stories of tire company’s  not servicing a tire that they felt was past its useful date due to safety concerns 

Just some current info on the subject if you might be in the market for tires 

Enjoy :

Rolling with the Hankook Ultimo . 

Ray 

Thanks - that tire will do the trick for me and the photos 

Good to see it on your car 

Nice car color 

Enjoy 

Can’t beat em...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Bendix Power Brake Unit Power Section

Started by Mathis Richter in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Chris Codd 6 hours ago. 7 Replies

Hi,I have a huge problem my POWER SECTION of the ``Master-VAC Power Brake unit 9´´Diameter ´´ from Bendix is Broken and I can't open it to replace al the rubber parts did some of you have auch Power…Continue

Third brake light -help please.

Started by paul k in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 13 hours ago. 8 Replies

Did anybody from the club install third brake light in the rear window in his Cadillac? I have problem to figure out how to do it. Can I just run wire from break pedal switch and second wire connect…Continue

Extra speakers in the cadillac.

Started by paul k in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion 13 hours ago. 0 Replies

Ok, I have another question. Since I will run wire for a brake light I might run speakers wires.I would like to install 2 extra speakers or maybe 4. What is best option. I do have 2 speakers already-…Continue

429 and 400 trans. for sale

Started by Mark C Bills in For Sale. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 yesterday. 6 Replies

I have an excellent running 429 with 400 trans.recently removed from my 64. It has electronic ignition, new water pump,new fan and clutch(not pictured),new fuel pump,Holley 650 vac. sec. carb. with…Continue

Blog Posts

1964 Cadillac Fleetwood sixty special / transmission dipstick needed

Posted by Pablo on September 20, 2020 at 9:57pm 1 Comment

How are you doing folks, I’m looking for a transmission dipstick, any info I will appreciated, thank you very much

1963 Cadillac hood driver side hinge

Posted by Steven on September 16, 2020 at 9:23am 1 Comment

Hello,

Does anyone know were I can buy a 1963 Cadillac hood driver side hinge or is there any other hinge that would fit? 

Thanks

Steven

Bad Guage?

Posted by Karl Schwarz on August 26, 2020 at 3:08pm 6 Comments

So I am troubleshooting my fuel gauge issue. I bought a new sender and tested it. It  it goes from 1-ohm (empty) to 35-ohm (full). When I test it (outside the tank), when the float is in the up (full) position it only moves the gauge to about 1/2 full. When at the bottom (empty) position the gauge shows empty. This is the same issue I have when I fill and then use the gas in the tank - the gauge never reads ore than half full. Based on what I've read on this thread it would seem like the…

Continue

Website

Posted by Fritz Seitz on August 11, 2020 at 2:35am 0 Comments

I have been working on a website-----www.fritzsautorepair.com-----

Does anyone have suggestions?

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service