Views: 464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion


Not familiar with the term - motor  yaw control arm - at all ? 

How do you know yours are shot and have to be replaced —-if you do not know what it is ? 

Need more info from you and a picture of the area might help to understand what you are asking

Those on this site will be happy to help with what you may be needing to do your repair 

Do you have a service manual for your year  car which is a - very very - valuable tool— to be understanding the cars needs and  doing proper maintenance unique to your specific car 

One  of the first things to acquire and review -for a complete understanding of your cars required service and maintenance needs 

Our year service manuals go into more detail repair info than that of most service manuals adding to its importance as a tool in our year Cadillacs 


It bolts on cross member and transmission and transmission sits on them I've taken 2 caddy's apart and found them that's why I'm asking you guys


1962 1963 Cadillac NEW Transmission YAW Mounts, Fits 1962 Cadillacs Except series "75" Limousines and the Commercial Chassis, Fits ALL Series 1963 Cars. These Mounts are positioned on the 2ND cross member designed to reduced torque and are often discarded over the years. $240.00 Per pair (SOLD IN PAIRS ONLY) Plus a $150.00 Refundable core charge.


Hmm, it sure looks like engine mounts. If yours are shot buy new or re-vulcanize the ones you have.

Not motor mounts thanks anyway

I don't get it. You complain about our response. I'm guessing my above answer didn't suit you and got you upset or angry.

Please read the text. It's copied from the manual. Especially read the last sentence in the first paragraph. My guess is that's what you were looking for.

Its the words Cadillac put in the manual. 1964. In the text they didn't use "motor yaw control arm" they wrote "side support cushions".

When you posted your original question I didn't know what you meant. I searched the internet to learn. Found the pictures online, the ones you copied on to here, and thought about engine mounts. Looked up in the manual and read the text. Posted it in order to help and not piss off. Apparently that was wrong of me.

And to the other discussion. To me a motor is the same as an engine. As a generator is the same as an alternator. In my native language we do not separate if the contraption is powered by electricity or gasoline/diesel/gas. Its just a motor.    A generator can deliver DC or AC. Makes no difference as its just something that generates electricity. It's a lot easier that way.

I was not around in 1964 so I do tend to use the words the manual uses as, to me, those words are the correct words for ours cars. Maybe the language changed a bit since then and there could be regional interpretations as well.

Finally I did suggest to buy new or re-vulcanize. I had my "rear support mounting beneath the transmission extension housing at the rear" re-vulcanized at the same time I overhauled the Hydra-Matic. Mine was a bit bad and I wanted it perfect. After the shop re-vulcanized it it was perfect. Don't remember the price but well worth it.


The issue is with terminology used in the service manual 

The service manual is calling All motor mounts for the engine and trans motor mounts which is misleading to me
To me motor mounts -mount the engine and the other mounts are trans mounts ( two of which are side support cushions ?? ) 

Unlike you I did not think Scott got upset or angry 

I think he just thought we were taking about the wrong set of mounts as the picture is your standard type motor mount for the engine and then the confusing terminology follows 


Anders, I think Scott's frustration was the fact he asked a pretty straight forward question and instead of a direct answer got a side conversation on the terms motor mount vs transmission mount vs engine mount and got a lecture on "motors vs engines".  He used terminology used in shop manuals and a major suppliers but the thread went off on a tangent. I am sure he appreciated your picture and shop manual scan. I also tried to provide information to Scott and all of you questioning why the yaw mounts and rear transmission mount would be considered an Engine Mount, by showing that is what Cadillac Called them. 
This would be like me jumping on a new car forum and asking if someone has a gas tank and getting a lecture between the terms gas tank and fuel tank. 
I try to be open and let everyone have fun, but lets keep the forums civil. I can and will delete replies that are not respectful as needed. As far as this topic I think this dead horse has been beaten into the ground. 

Or on this site


Look up on steel rubber website

It's just a cross member with one yaw mount each side of the gearbox. With the member in place, the yaw mount can be adjusted (slotted cross member) to cradle or hold the gearbox.

I just put a decent screw driver in the slot and ease the mount up to the box with a small amount of pressure.

The design of the set up, is to absorb driveline noise and any vibration or flex there might be.

Based on the oddball adaptor between the engine and auto, I think they are a good idea. 

Thanks for a real answer not looking down on me or making fun of me because I used the wrong term you have a good day thanks again Scott this hobby has helped me keep my sanity as health problem has changed my life over the last 6 years I've died 5 times kind of changes you're out look at life



  • Add Photos
  • View All


Engine and tranny seals

Started by Klutch in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 8 hours ago. 54 Replies

Hey guys.Im going to be pulling my engine and tranny out soon. Theres some leaks on my engine and tranny. The main reason for this is because i need to paint the engine and engine bay. So i might as…Continue

1963 Convertible - No Backup Lights

Started by Karl Schwarz in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 10 hours ago. 2 Replies

The backup lights worked on my '63 Series 62 convertible when I bought it in July, but have stopped working. All other lights work fine. There is no power coming to the connectors behind the license…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 20 hours ago. 1 Reply

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Blog Posts

Looking for 63 Convertible / Coupe rear side trim

Posted by Gene McIlroy on January 24, 2020 at 12:18pm 0 Comments

Want to find a good straight dent free rear side trim for my 1963 Convertible.  I have both sides but they do not match.  Wanting to get them to match.  I am attaching a photo of the two trim sided that I have really wanting the squared off trim if I can get it.  Let's see what you have,…


Road Trip

Posted by Ray Schick on January 21, 2020 at 9:00pm 7 Comments

Got a little cabin fever this morning,decided to take a road trip to Hickory Corners Michigan, The Gilmore Museum. It’s about 2 1/2 hours from my home . Place is awesome,I was really impressed.



1964 429 Aluminum Front Cover For Sale!

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on January 12, 2020 at 3:30pm 1 Comment

  • I wound up with an extra front cover for my '64 and offering it for sale.

Purchased from a knowledgable part supplier with thorough hands-on knowledge of 63-64 Cadillac engines, who checked the part before sending it to me. The oil pump driven gearSee S bore and the pressure relief piston bore are both .002 over and within the .005…


Looking for the Rochester Choke Tube ...

Posted by Mack on January 10, 2020 at 1:14am 3 Comments


Looking to buy the choke tube for my Rochester... anybody have one for Sale???


  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service