I'm going to convert all bumper light bulbs to LED in my 1965 (1964) Series Seventy-five limousine.  Counting the rear fins, bumper (brake, directional and back-up), license plate and front directional and cornering bulbs, does anyone know how many LED bulbs I will need and any recommendations as to the type to use?  Thank you.  Jim

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All the info you need is in the shop manual. 1964 Cadillac shop manual electrical section. There is a chart in the back.   Not sure how the 65 shop manual is set up.

The 1965 Shop Manual indicates to use 1964 Shop Manual for 1965 Series 75 Body specific items. If you have a 1964 Shop Manual it is on page 12-98.

I have the manual.  It doesn't tell you how many are used, only the type of bulb.  I already know that, since I made a copy of that page.  I need to know how many to purchase, so I will have the exact number needed once the bumpers are pulled.  Once the bumper goes back on, the bulbs are extremely difficult to replace. Same for the directional lights in front.

Look at the wiring schematic on page 12-102 and 12-103. Each bulb is shown and you can refer bac to the chart on page 12-98. If I were looking at the instrument cluster for example, I would see that I need 7 or 8 1895 bulbs depending on if I had the power trunk options. I think for most lights you can figure out exactly the # of bulbs you need. Only the dash should require cross referencing the wiring schematic to see the actually number of bulbs. For example if you are looking at license plate bulbs you know there are 2 - one on each side. Same for most of the other front and rear park, turn, brake lights.  Also keep in mind that different body styles have different number of lights (e.g. Series 62 except the 63 Convertible) do not have arm rest courtesy lights. Also options (e.g. Power trunk, Radio Delete, etc.) will mean different bulb counts.

I have the 1964 Shop Manual, however, I decided to just take all the bulbs out, since I was replacing them anyway. I just ordered my LED bulbs from: superbrightleds.com. For my ‘64 Sedan, there were 12 bulbs in total for the outside. Yours may have more/less...

Thank you

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Lou Ramirez 12 hours ago. 9 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

1963 Chateau deVille?

Started by thejollychimp in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Richard Otto 16 hours ago. 3 Replies

Have any of you seen or heard of a "Chateau deVille" model? I searched the internet and only found two references to it (below). Sounds like it might have been a dealer installed package? I actually…Continue

Custom '64 Eldorado on Bitchin' Rides Last Night

Started by Ian Osborne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion yesterday. 0 Replies

If anyone here is familiar with the show "Bitchin' Rides" they started work on a '64 Eldo on the episode that aired last night (12/5). I really like the show and they build some amazing custom…Continue

Blog Posts

still need a driveshaft

Posted by wayne weaver on November 26, 2019 at 11:53am 0 Comments

well thank you UPS for losing the driveshaft that Russ Austin shipped me. 

however i still need a rear driveshaft section for my 63. mine has a vibration due to the bushing inside of it. its a shame because the ball and sockets in the cardian joints are perfect but it has a woble on the balancing machine. so .  still need the rear section. anyone have a good one ? is there driveshaft alternatives to use ? i am really considering an LS swap and since im fighting the driveshaft search…

Continue

63 guidematic issues

Posted by maurice lapoiinte on November 24, 2019 at 3:10pm 0 Comments

So my 63 guide matic headlamps stay on low beam all the time. I have so far bypassed the system and everything works normal. I have been thru the trouble shooting in the manual but this is where the confusion begins.on my car when the power relay is powered I have low beam and when its not powered I have highbeam, this appears to be opposite what the diagnosis says should be correct.The wiring is all original and no wires have been mixed up.has anyone ever unplugged the 2 wire connector…

Continue

Another advantage of the Pertronix III

Posted by Doug Scarrow on November 23, 2019 at 11:12am 1 Comment

Having tried both the II and III I can say the multispark feature of the III offers a smoother idle . It is also easier to install .Does not require removal of the distributor

Stuck at two red (dash) lights!

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on November 3, 2019 at 10:00pm 9 Comments

I hope someone can help solve these two electrical problems that appeared one after the other.

By way of background: The car, a '64 Eldorado has very limited use. It was at a restoration shop for 15 months until last January-  that supposedly did a bunch of wiring repairs including rebuilding the gas gauge that still hasn't worked properly, and the clock that hasn't worked, and re-soldering the broken wires in the drive door. All window and seat controls appear to be…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service