Need help finding some trim moldings for my 3rd car, a 1987 Buick Estate Wagon

I know this is a forum for 63/64 Cadillacs, but I have run out of options and hoping that someone would happen to stumble on a missing part for my non-woodie dark-blue 1987 Buick LeSabre Estate Wagon (color code GM 8592).

I bought a low mileage, one owner Estate Wagon last fall. The car is in near new condition except that the first owner scratched the right rear door and right rear fender when driving into the garage.

The car is now at the final stages at the body/paint shop and they will start to refit all moldings. However the rear right side door trim molding is missing and I need one. Prefer of course a new, but right now any condition will do.

Have been calling and mailing everything and everybody (including every scrapyard known to man) but so far no luck. All bigger auction site send automatic message if something pops up, but for over three months nothing. So my hope is that someone in here happens to find that parts car, junk yard, yard sale, flea market, craiglist or whatever and remembers me.

I would not mind buying all lower trim moldings including wheel wells for this car if these are in excellent condition. But priority is of course the right rear door trim molding. Its not the same as on other GM Estate Wagons, so a Caprice or Custom Cruiser won't work. Has to be a Buick LeSabre or Electra Estate Wagon. 1986-87 20654826 should be correct (at least that's what my 1989 Buick "B" catalgoue thinks). 1988-89 is different so not sure it would work.

From 1989 Buick LeSabre Estate Wagon parts and illustrations catalogue effective September 1988:

Here is a picture of the car today at the body/paint shop. It is in perfect condition with original color, but with modern lacquer. The car was completely sanded down before painting, including roof!

Here is a picture of the trim moldings that was fitted before repair. Note the missing one!

On the left side as reference:

The trim molding is of a stainless type base fastened by three rivets and adhesive tape. The blue "rubber" core thing is slided into the base and covers the rivets.

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just a thought, does anything else in the Buick or even GM range have a similar molding that can modified to suit?

Even a longer molding that can be shortened perhaps.

Looked on many Chevrolet Caprice and they don't have this molding at all. Haven't seen any Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser yet, but other parts like rear light housings are also different.

Found some better pictures of the left side rear door. Is exactly the same trim molding that goes on right side! So need two, but only have one.

Have you posted on the Buick Club "wanted" forums?

Yes and Station Wagon forum and some other general car forums. I don't expect to get lucky this way, just grasping. 

You do know, someone, somewhere, has been hoarding that molding for years and just waiting for your call.

Yes exactly. Only need the phone number. You have it? 

Hi, I'm not trying to be a wise guy here, but those strips, especially the ends, look identical to generic side body trim we used to install on all cars back in the 80s. Have you gone that route? I see PartsVoice comes up dry.

Hi Jeff, yes I have been told by some that these are generic and was dealer installed. But when digging deeper all non-woodie Buick Estate Wagons came with these from the factory.

I tried everything. Called every scrapyard in Sweden and a few in the states. Been searching Ebay constantly and been in contact with any and every GM spare parts seller I can find.

Haven't seen this particular version on any other model car. And I look on every American I can find. Also been to a few car-shows just to see if I could be lucky.

Maybe send an email to the Australian Buick Car Clubs, well, the ones in the USA as well of course. Car club guys might be a better option, at least they can put you in contact with owners of the same or similar model.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Oh, Not the Fleetwood....

Started by Kevin Campbell in General Discussion 1 hour ago. 0 Replies

Try checking this out at 2:18 into the clip..... its a Fleetwood.Bugger.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMBejGqjEMMGeez, the 64 coupe cops a…Continue

Rear center speaker 63 Caddy Convertible

Started by Cengiz Y. Iskin in Wanted to Buy 14 hours ago. 0 Replies

Wanted to buy one with complete Chrome and trimContinue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 17 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Blog Posts

Wire OR Sabre wheels ...

Posted by Mack on July 19, 2018 at 11:15pm 9 Comments

Hi there

i was just wondering how many of you out there has wire or Sabre/turbine wheels on.

youre more than welcome to post some pictures becuase I am debating on getting wire wheels...or Sabre wheels :)

Trumpet horn

Posted by Robert Alan Shannon on July 19, 2018 at 11:21am 1 Comment

Just noticed a nice looking trumpet horn on ebay ; price seems fair. I am not connected to this item in any way, just thought someone here might like it.

Need correct Muffler for 64 DeVille

Posted by Norman Silverman on June 18, 2018 at 7:57pm 13 Comments

Hello all.

I need to replace the muffler on my 64 and the local shop does not have the correct one.

After looking on the web site's help section, I still don't see a recommended part/manufacturer or suggestion. 

What is the best solution to purchase for a stock, single system with 2 1/2 inch pipes, center in, offset out? 

Thanks.

Norm

64 Power Seat Transmission cleaning-it did the trick

Posted by Norman Silverman on June 16, 2018 at 5:36pm 4 Comments

Hello All.

I thought I'd post a little encouragement for those that might have an inoperative 6 way power seat in their car. The fix is relatively easy, and VERY cheap.

I just purchased an original (not re-painted, nor reupholstered) 64 Sedan De Ville 4 window. When I purchased it the front seat was adjusted forward and tilted down in front; two of the worst positions for me, so I had no choice but to attempt to repair it. 

Pushing the switch in each direction brought…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service