First off thanks to all for this great site. I've already learned quite a bit on my 64 sdv for my own repairs. I've got a problem with my engine overheating. It started suddenly and it has a new water pump installed with about 75 miles on it. My question is has anyone ever lost an impeller off of a new water pump? I've already ordered another one as I've eliminated everything I can think of. Just wondering if this is possible and happened to anyone else. Thanks for help guys, Clovis

Views: 1584

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tony the waters in the rad and it's been fired up! Drum roll please.... and SUCCESS!!!! No more overheating and the temperature gauge is running 1/4 to 1/3. It was running over half before. I can actually see water moving in the rad now. So I'm thinking that pressing the impeller further on the pump helped. The end result must have been a vapor lock. Stranger things have happened. I'm hoping that if this happens to any one else they read this post. The final thing I would suggest to anyone that reads this forum is that they make sure they burp the system as best as they can to rid all air from it.

Now I'm not out of the woods yet though. I still have a rather large ticking when it warms up and a slight vibration while driving. But I'm going to start another blog for those.
I tried for two days to post that. Had some emojis in the post took them out but don't know why it wouldn't go through?
I was told today that there is a special tool that you put on the rad filler neck that uses air to pressurize the system with water and pushes out the air. Some vehicles are very prone to this problem.

Congrats. I can hardly wait to get my pump back and take apart a running motor. :( 

Once I cure the sedan, I'll have to do the same to the Hearse.

Real glad this difficult time consuming task is behind us --YES. !!
This was one of the more difficult repairs ,we have had in a while
Alway a nice thing to get Fixed

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

FUEL GAGE

Started by STEPHEN HORWATH in General Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 9 hours ago. 7 Replies

Hi just wondering if anyone else had a problem with their fuel gauge going up to full when key is turned to the on position or when the car is running.  it goes back to empty when key is in the off…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 23 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Front Window Motor Installation Help Needed

Started by Roy in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 yesterday. 9 Replies

I have a bad window motor in the passenger side door.  I have removed the door panel and am at a complete loss as to where to start and what to do from here.  Does anyone have any step by step…Continue

Intake manifold leak

Started by Joe DiIaconi in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Roland Moser yesterday. 35 Replies

Anyone install better quality intake manifold gaskets?

Blog Posts

Hood Insulation

Posted by Dominic Salemi on July 3, 2019 at 9:15pm 2 Comments

Can anyone give me some information on what to use to secure my hood insulation to the hood.

Thanks

Dominic

64 Hood Hinge Color?

Posted by Bob Schles on June 27, 2019 at 4:46pm 2 Comments

Can someone tell me what color the hood hinges should be? I've seen both silver and gold cadmium plating colors on the cars. Thanks

Rear Side Window Stainless Sill Removal

Posted by Lee Martin on June 24, 2019 at 3:07pm 2 Comments

I'm looking to replace a piece of the stainless trim that sits on the outside of the car like a sill outside the rear passenger side window.  I can just barely see one screw at one end but does the door panel and/or window need to come out to access this?  If anyone has done this I'd like to learn what is involved.  Here's a photo of the piece I'm talking about:…

Continue

Cadillac Returns to its Roots Under New Leadership

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on May 1, 2019 at 12:30am 3 Comments

Cadillac’s new boss says they should stop trying to build BMWs and go back to building Cadillacs again.

What do you think? 

https://carbuzz.com/news/cadillac-finally-admits-what-everyone-knew-for-years

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service