Picked up that Vintage 1963 Convertible Cadillac Solid State Radio Today

I've seen this vintage "Made in Hong Kong" 1963 Cadillac convertible solid state radio from time to time over the years but never picked one up. Yesterday this one popped up on my regional Craig's List filter for $25, and I jumped on it. It uses a 9 volt battery and works and had a cool sort of dark gold finish!  I did some quick searches and seems it was produced sometime later in the 1960's by a company called Federal. It is noted as Model Cad-1 on the box, however, there is no date that I can find on the car or box. Anyway, I thought I would share. I do have a Cadillac Toys and Models photo album I started some time back and will add this one.

Check it out  …. some of you may already have it:

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

love it.

Okay you confirmed it. Yes you are a nerd!!!!

And I like it too.

That is the model of a 63 that i have since the late 60's or early 70's on display in my home since then
Very enjoyable to have being an early 60's Cadillac convertible NUT myself

The body lines of these cars with the top down Is just as good as it gets regarding style
This is Truely METAL ART to me that has stood the test of time for outstanding style in autombile design
When you see one of these cars there is no question what brand of car you are looking at unlike the cars of today that look so similar that you have to look to see who made the car
The newer Cadillacs at least look a lot better than most the other cars on the road today and are easily identified ( there paint work has always been top notch )
And they are great performance machines as is expected from the leading edge great car company they have been for many decades
So easy to Love a true Champion in the world of automobiles

Enjoy

Like you Cadillac pen cups in the back ground
Very nice !

Enjoy

Jason, I just happened to look on Ebay when you posted this. I found one for sale. This thing looks like it was never opened. The radio works great. AM at its finest, just like the stock radio in my car (without the "Wonder bar" though) lol. It makes a nice addition to my Caddy shelf.

Kurt, That is a very nice display. Yes, I had seen this 63 am radio numerous times on eBay but never picked one up. The local Craig's List listing was too much and had to bite! Glad I did. It is a nice addition to any 63/64 Cadillac collection!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Rear main Follow up replacement and repair,,

Started by Kim K Kaiser in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 2 minutes ago. 14 Replies

Well, got it all together,, Jason, i was looking in the wrong chapter in the manual on the starter,, got that figured out.  everything hooked back upGot it put back together, started up, and oil…Continue

Tranny Problem??

Started by Ron Collins in General Discussion. Last reply by Ron Collins 8 hours ago. 25 Replies

Hello All,Took the car in for front end alignment and car remains at facility. The tech drove the car into bay and returned it to the same spot that I drove into. Paid for work and was ready to drive…Continue

Hydra-Matic with some problems

Started by Robert Tor in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Mark S Anderson 10 hours ago. 6 Replies

today was a black saturday: my 1964 Caddy "baby" only drives in the first gear and reverse. so I drained the oil (6 liters - not drained the converter) , pulled off the pan and the filter. just dirt…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 14 hours ago. 1 Reply

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Blog Posts

driveshaft help

Posted by wayne weaver on October 9, 2019 at 4:41pm 1 Comment

can anyone help me with a driveshaft ? I have a 1963 Cadillac 62 series 4dr with the hydro-matic trans. I need the male splined shaft on the front of the rear driveshaft section. the piece with the nut attached by clip.id be willing to buy a shaft if its not horribly priced.

Dash removal

Posted by Jake Mickley on October 9, 2019 at 12:06am 9 Comments

Hello everyone,

On a 63 CDV, if a guy wanted to remove the entire dash to get all the metal painted, and do some other things behind there, how would he go about doing that?  I checked here and the shop manual, but can't find a complete guide.

As always, and help or direction is appreciated.  Thanks!

--Jake

Introducing myself

Posted by Gary Marchand on October 7, 2019 at 9:32pm 8 Comments

Thanks for letting me join the club.  Picked up this ‘64 Coupe Deville a few months ago out of Beverly MA, the car has few stickers on it from various Cadillac clubs, didn’t know if anyone might recognize it from it’s “Glory days.” Everything seems pretty healthy except for the body and some very Mickey Mouse repairs, was wondering if anyone had any leads on…

Continue

Carter AFB carburetor question

Posted by Ray Schick on October 7, 2019 at 8:29pm 8 Comments

3655S carb, and a 3656S carb .I know the difference is one is for A/C and the other in for a non A/C car . Now the question is : can I use the carb bowl from the A/C car on the non A/C car ? They look the same set up next to each other

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service