Is there an interest in a polyurethane bushing that could replace the stock rear bushings without the need to change trailing arms? Just wondering.

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I put the new training arms in my 63 series 62 sedan.  I want to leave my 63 60 special close to stock as possible. Putting the new poly bushing into the stock trailing arms is good to me. 

I do feel that the new trailing arms are better than the stock arms, due to the new arms are a box design, giving the arm a better feel.

Ok.  I just didnt know if yours had worn.  I see now its a different car.  Thanks

Kim, I was thinking about you the other day. How are the trailing arms holding out?

Dan,  mine are fine,  i hv some front end steering loosesnss, about 5 inches of play in SW, replaced tie rods but didnt seem to help.   but back end handles just fine. No sway back there, consider me a fan

Will do Russ. My urethane supplier was low on black so I am going to have about a 50/50 split on red and black for the bushings. Do you mind red and I'll try and send the black to the folks who have showroom correct cars? Unless you 60 special is in the showroom correct category of course,

Dan, I can wait, I'd like black as I want an original as possible car. This will at least look original. 

Dan ( the Man ! ) 

That is very outstanding news for those —-who have a need to use the stock rear control arms  ( at last ) and replace the old bushings with  new  more durable poly bushings  when needed so we can get some longevity out of them and keep the rear end of our cars —in the position that it should be in — and to have that area less prone to any distortion or  vibration ( which can make a car guy —Nuts ! ) 

The ——I gotta keep my car stock at all costs boys —-will love you for this ( though your after market arms were a solid  solution and  the only good solution to fixing the problem available until now that I would have used for that reason ) 

Not sure how you single handedly are getting  poly bushings made and this done but that is amazing news 

I was very involved in the initial research ( contacting  suppliers ) finding out that all the bushings were one in the same no matter which supplier you used to acquire them from —etc 

The old thread is on this sight in the library and took some time to evolve 

Only to come to a dead end regarding fixing the stock arms -  a BUMMER !

Jason has a good supply of worn rear trailing arms that could now be restored to new ( and better ) 

Once again I find you talents to be above and beyond regarding what you are capable of accomplishing 

Real glad you are on board —and a true innovator with a very strong passion to keep our Cadillacs rolling down the road in fine form — BRAVO !!  my man for this 

Our Classic Antique Cadillacs can look forward to continually finding solutions to the problems that arise in acquiring parts and solutions to keeping 55 year old cars in good driving form with men like you around 

I am a HUDGE Fan !!!

A wonderful thing to be doing —with us all having to stay home and finding things to keep busy 

I might consider moving next door to you — LOL !!! ( which I have said to Jason  more than once in the past —just need two homes then ) 

Enjoy 

No worries Tony, I just can't help myself. if there is a problem I want to find a solution. It keeps me busy and out of trouble!

Dan, can you give me a shipping quote to The Netherlands?

My rear bushes are fairly good, but I will take a pair to have on hand for the future. If ya sending to the Netherlands, ya may as well bung a set in the mail to go to Australia as well. Once you have them ready, i'll pm you an address and you can send me your bank details.

Sounds good Kevin. I'll post here when I have some in inventory. 

Hey Dan, while the Aussie dollar is shot to hell, i'm happy to be the last taxi to leave the rank if you get my drift.

Put the urgent requests ahead of mine, but when they are ready, the price will be, what the price will be. As of this moment, the Aussie dollar only buys 61 cents. :-(

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Ordering Polyurethane Replacement Trailing Arm Bushings

Started by Dan McNarry in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 8 hours ago. 2 Replies

There seems to be growing interest in the poly bushings. In order for me to keep track of who wants bushings, please send me a message along with or in lieu of a reply to either this thread or the…Continue

bucket seat covers

Started by Joseph Pagliuca in Wanted to Buy. Last reply by Bobby Brown 10 hours ago. 3 Replies

looking for leather seat covers for bucket seats In a 1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertibleContinue

Classic Cadillac Parts For Sale - Misc Items

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 10 hours ago. 177 Replies

I have posted a few Misc items over on my Classic Cadillac Parts Facebook page at…Continue

Tags: classic cadillac parts, classiccadillacparts

Blog Posts

How to sensibly deal with the Corona Virus

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on March 14, 2020 at 5:02pm 6 Comments

https://theamericanscholar.org/covid-19-a-primer/

I found this very helpful, written by a knowledgeable authority in public health. 

Remember, Viruses are not spread by Cadillacs so get out and drive!

Safe & Healthy travels. 

Jeff Kinzler

1963 Eldorado convertible boot

Posted by Les Eastling on February 27, 2020 at 10:33am 1 Comment

I need a used convertible boot for a 63 Cadillac convertible - condition or color is not an issue since it will be used as a pattern for making a new one. One from either a 62 series convertible or an Eldorado would work. I know I am searching for hen's teeth here... but you never know unless you ask!

Looking for 63 Convertible / Coupe rear side trim

Posted by Gene McIlroy on January 24, 2020 at 12:18pm 0 Comments

Want to find a good straight dent free rear side trim for my 1963 Convertible.  I have both sides but they do not match.  Wanting to get them to match.  I am attaching a photo of the two trim sided that I have really wanting the squared off trim if I can get it.  Let's see what you have,…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service