Hi Guys,
I need to remove my door panels as I'm getting ready to do some bodywork. How do the ventilator window handles come off. I need to remove them to get the panel off. My door panels are pretty trashed along the bottom as well so I need to replace them at some point.

Thanks,

Alex

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a wire horse shoe clip under the crank. You need a tool to slide it out. Sold at Napa or parts store. The bottom part of door panel is replaceable so don't trash them.
Thanks, I got the panels off, I've stripped the whole interior today so that I can replace the floor pans. One of the previous owners riveted in metal and then glass fibered over them.
The floor repair ,you plan on doing ,feels like it could be difficult ,due to the way it was repaired in the past
Like to know what your plan of attack is ,regarding replacing the floor pans ,in this case ,and condition
Is it most common to cut the bad out and weld or braze new in ?
Just like to know a little of what goes into ,replacing the less than solid ,floor pans
It's not difficult just time consuming. I'll get all of the previous repaired floors out first. They were riveted over the bad floors. From under the car drill guide holes along the floor braces so that I don't cut through them. Cut the old floors out back to good metal. I will then clean up the floor braces.

I'll then Cleco in the new floor pan temporary and with a sharpie trace on to the new pans. Trim to fit and then I will tack in place moving around from side to side to prevent heat build up with a mig welder. I have some body braces to repair as well. I cut good ones out of the 63 parts car I had. I'm off this week from work due to spring break so plan to get a lot of it done this week. It's a lot of work but I had to do the same on my 50 Chevy.
Sounds like a good plan to get the flooring solid again
What is Cleco ?
They are these pins. They are used in the aviation industry for panel placement. They are like reusable rivets.
Attachments:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Exhaust Manifold Gaskets......Again

Started by Ian Osborne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Ian Osborne 10 hours ago. 21 Replies

I know I'm not the only one who has dealt with constantly failing exhaust manifold gaskets but I have the heads off for a valve job and I'm trying to fix the issue once and for all. Well, maybe for a…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 20 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Caddy Daddy

Started by Dan McNarry in General Discussion. Last reply by Dan McNarry yesterday. 10 Replies

I'm looking to buy a new fuel sending unit for my car and was wondering if anyone has had recent dealings with Caddy Daddy and if so, yeah or nay?Continue

help adding fluid to top motor for '64.

Started by john kilbourne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Charles Fares yesterday. 3 Replies

Is there a Youtube about this? From what I can learn for other lesser cars, such as they may be, the drill is: remove rear seat bottom and back, remove the plug from the top motor reservoir, use a…Continue

Blog Posts

63 Caddy Horn

Posted by Robert Alan Shannon on May 27, 2020 at 9:25am 9 Comments

Just noticed a 1963  Caddy trumpet horn on Ebay. No part # given but some of his other items are 1963 specific, just throwin this out there, I have no connection to this listing .

Wiring connection help.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 24, 2020 at 9:15pm 2 Comments

Can someone help me figure where these connections go? I have a 64 60 special if it matters.…

Continue

Wood grain finally done.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 20, 2020 at 4:57pm 3 Comments

After years of wanting to, I finally redid my wood dash paneling on my 64 60s. Not too hard to do either.…

Continue

390 engine replacement needed

Posted by Jason on May 18, 2020 at 7:54pm 1 Comment

I’m looking for a 1963 Cadillac 390 engine that runs. 

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service