hey guys just seeing if theres a good trunk lid with minimum to no rot floating around as the lip on mine is gone. it would be a week or two before i could get it and have it shipped need to know what the going rate is for the lid and shipping to daytona beach fl through ups or fed ex i know it would be oversized. Thanks.

Views: 358

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It would be for a 64 cdv

If DVAP can sell you a nice for 600USD including shipping it doesn't sound to bad. Its a 53 year old car...

Make sure the metal under the lower lip trim is solid. The trim has a sort of wide band and often covers this common rot area underneath. I have a very solid, straight 64 de Ville deck lid, but it is tentatively sold. Shoot me an email to jasonedge@nc.rr.com and I can put you on my Wait List.  My price is usually about $150 for a good solid straight deck lid. Due to size, you would have to pick up or arrange transport.

Thanks guys and Jason I sent you a wait list request back on the 3rd of February so I sould be on it somewhere already lol. I was mainly seeing if anyone has one yet. Ill keep saving to the 600 mark. Jason if you would please keep me in the loop on the one you have and if it comes avalible email me please through the site inbox as my wife is not the best on letting me know on when I get an email.

Tim, I checked the Wait List and you are there. I start getting a blast of emails from everyone for parts Feb & March and hard to remember who has contacted me. As I like to say "I forget everything...but Excel remembers everything!"

Sweet good to know im there and I like that last line btw. If you dont mind me asking but on average how long does it typically take to go through the wait list,
im new to all this stuff so im curious on how the process works with so many people asking for parts etc.

Tim, It depends on the part. I have some items I only have 1 other person on the Wait List and might be a recent add. I have some very in demand items where I might have say 16 to 20 people on the Wait List spanning back 7 years. I checked the 64 deck lids and have 8 customers on the Wait List spanning back to Feb 2015. Here is the break down of adds: I have 5 customers added in 2015,  then 2 in 2016, and you are the one I have added in 2017.  Sometimes customers that have been on the list a while have already found the part or have sold the car, but I never take anyone off the list until I confirm or cannot get a response once I have something available. So, my best guess assuming I bring in 3 to 4 in the next 3 years, but factoring out a few people that already found or don't need a deck lid, would be about 2 years. I just put 2 bumper ends in the hands of customers that had been waiting 5 years! If you are ready to restore right now, that is probably not good news, but if you are doing the long gradual restore like I am with my 64 CDV 2 years is a drop in the bucket!  All a matter of perspective! :-)

Thats actually pretty interesting how the math all plays out. Only reason im in such a rush on trying to find one is because i just completely replaced the trunk pan and im putting mine together out in the elements. (Wife just had to pick the house with no garage or storage lol). Main point is I just dont want the rains wiping out my new pan. Welcome to Florida where if its not cook your family jewels hot its turentually downpouring or some other bi-polar weather. Sadly I still need front and rear bumper at least the center for the rear and a whole front, a good hood, a new winsheild thanks to an old roommate, and of course the trunk.
But its a budget build so looks like im in for a long haul.
Tim
I may have a line on a 64 trunk lid
Do u still need one?

Mark
630-707-1652

If you haven't found a trunk lid for your 64'  I've got two lids in excellent condition, email me at hdp10@yahoo.com

Bill

Attachments:
sent ya an email bill thanks

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Exhaust Manifold Gaskets......Again

Started by Ian Osborne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Ian Osborne 10 hours ago. 21 Replies

I know I'm not the only one who has dealt with constantly failing exhaust manifold gaskets but I have the heads off for a valve job and I'm trying to fix the issue once and for all. Well, maybe for a…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 20 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Caddy Daddy

Started by Dan McNarry in General Discussion. Last reply by Dan McNarry yesterday. 10 Replies

I'm looking to buy a new fuel sending unit for my car and was wondering if anyone has had recent dealings with Caddy Daddy and if so, yeah or nay?Continue

help adding fluid to top motor for '64.

Started by john kilbourne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Charles Fares yesterday. 3 Replies

Is there a Youtube about this? From what I can learn for other lesser cars, such as they may be, the drill is: remove rear seat bottom and back, remove the plug from the top motor reservoir, use a…Continue

Blog Posts

63 Caddy Horn

Posted by Robert Alan Shannon on May 27, 2020 at 9:25am 9 Comments

Just noticed a 1963  Caddy trumpet horn on Ebay. No part # given but some of his other items are 1963 specific, just throwin this out there, I have no connection to this listing .

Wiring connection help.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 24, 2020 at 9:15pm 2 Comments

Can someone help me figure where these connections go? I have a 64 60 special if it matters.…

Continue

Wood grain finally done.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 20, 2020 at 4:57pm 3 Comments

After years of wanting to, I finally redid my wood dash paneling on my 64 60s. Not too hard to do either.…

Continue

390 engine replacement needed

Posted by Jason on May 18, 2020 at 7:54pm 1 Comment

I’m looking for a 1963 Cadillac 390 engine that runs. 

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service