I have a 1963 Deville 4 door 6 window sedan.  How can I determine where if it is a Sixty Two series or not.  What are some of the differences between the sixty two series and the non sixty two series 4 door 6 window sedan?

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Click on Help:

Scroll down to Body Styles and VIN:

Help is the best place on this site. You will use it a lot of keeping the car.

"if keeping the car" should it be.

Thank you!

3rd digit in your VIN is a letter that designates the body style. If unsure of where to find your VIN # click on this help page link: www.vin.6364cadillac.com. If letter is K (i.e. VIN 63K......) you have a Six Window Series 62 Sedan. If letter is L (i.e. VIN 63L......) you have a Six Window Sedan de Ville.

As far as difference between Series 62 and deVilles most differences are in the interior and options vs standard equipment.
On the exterior you will have a Sedan de Ville script on the rear qtr panel; on the Series 62 no script on rear qtr
On the interior, styling is completely different. For deVilles you will have a full arm rest on the door that integrates the arm rest and switch panel, and includes the power seat switches; Series 62 has smaller switch pods in front of arm rest and power seat (if equipped) switches are on the lower metal trim base of the seats.  De Villes have courtesy lights built into the doors; series 62 has non-lighted reflectors.  De Villes come standard with power seats and power windows; series 62 do not. 1963 Series 62 has vertical pleating on the seat bolsters; deVilles have a squared pattern with buttons.  The deVilles have a front center arm rest, while the Series 62 do not. The materals used were also different. I could go on and on but the dealer data book scans below will give you a better understand of the differences. 

Series 62 Six Window Sedan:

Sedan de Ville Six Window:

Thanks so much for taking the time to educate me. Very helpful!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Bendix Power Brake Unit Power Section

Started by Mathis Richter in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Chris Codd yesterday. 7 Replies

Hi,I have a huge problem my POWER SECTION of the ``Master-VAC Power Brake unit 9´´Diameter ´´ from Bendix is Broken and I can't open it to replace al the rubber parts did some of you have auch Power…Continue

Third brake light -help please.

Started by paul k in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge yesterday. 8 Replies

Did anybody from the club install third brake light in the rear window in his Cadillac? I have problem to figure out how to do it. Can I just run wire from break pedal switch and second wire connect…Continue

Extra speakers in the cadillac.

Started by paul k in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion yesterday. 0 Replies

Ok, I have another question. Since I will run wire for a brake light I might run speakers wires.I would like to install 2 extra speakers or maybe 4. What is best option. I do have 2 speakers already-…Continue

429 and 400 trans. for sale

Started by Mark C Bills in For Sale. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 on Monday. 6 Replies

I have an excellent running 429 with 400 trans.recently removed from my 64. It has electronic ignition, new water pump,new fan and clutch(not pictured),new fuel pump,Holley 650 vac. sec. carb. with…Continue

Blog Posts

1964 Cadillac Fleetwood sixty special / transmission dipstick needed

Posted by Pablo on September 20, 2020 at 9:57pm 1 Comment

How are you doing folks, I’m looking for a transmission dipstick, any info I will appreciated, thank you very much

1963 Cadillac hood driver side hinge

Posted by Steven on September 16, 2020 at 9:23am 1 Comment

Hello,

Does anyone know were I can buy a 1963 Cadillac hood driver side hinge or is there any other hinge that would fit? 

Thanks

Steven

Bad Guage?

Posted by Karl Schwarz on August 26, 2020 at 3:08pm 6 Comments

So I am troubleshooting my fuel gauge issue. I bought a new sender and tested it. It  it goes from 1-ohm (empty) to 35-ohm (full). When I test it (outside the tank), when the float is in the up (full) position it only moves the gauge to about 1/2 full. When at the bottom (empty) position the gauge shows empty. This is the same issue I have when I fill and then use the gas in the tank - the gauge never reads ore than half full. Based on what I've read on this thread it would seem like the…

Continue

Website

Posted by Fritz Seitz on August 11, 2020 at 2:35am 0 Comments

I have been working on a website-----www.fritzsautorepair.com-----

Does anyone have suggestions?

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service