Does anyone know what this door bell looking thing is? Is it stock? It’s below the driver side A/C vent.

Thanks!

Views: 330

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats, Tony! That is an award you will cherish forever!  Back to the garage antenna opener, I love the old retro upgrade stuff. Pretty cool. This reminds me that I have a "What Is it" item from a prior parts car I need to post sometime. 

When I bought my car, it had some of the wiring and that same box next to the horns.  The labeling was all gone and I had no idea what it was so I removed it.  Inside the box were some electronics and a couple vacuum tubes, I assumed it was some type of amplifier.

Glad the mystery is finally solved.

We have seen this posted here once before. I believe it was a golden circle transmitter and it took me a bit of online research to find out what it was. 

I moved this to our Trivia forum for future reference.

Thank you --Thank you --Thank you --
Everyone who lives here --know how near and dear the --Golden Thermostat --IS TO ME !!!!! ( for the fiasco i caused on -that thread )
I will be putting this on my Shelf -- next to all the other Cadillac restoration parts ----that i Do Not have !
This is the experience of a lifetime For a -- 64 Cadillac Crazy --guy

The Jury is still out on my end --on weather the 64 - 429 runs better on the 195 degree thermostat over that of the 180 degree thermostat
I did go back to the 180 --and will be checking this out myself but will need some time to compile my results
I have learned that all the newer cars today run thermostat in the 200 degree range due to the fuel injection - computer systems and the metal alloys used in todays engines
I was surprised to learn that fact in my quest for the perfect thermostst temp for our cars
The only difference i find so far is the 64-429 runs 10 degrees cooler on the 180 degree thermostat than that of the 195

Enjoy

Congratulations Tony! By the way it's called a termistate lol. I was talking to a friend who owns a engine rebuild shop and does race engines also. He says they should run at 210 for peak performance. So that seems to be a little vindication for you sir. That would appear to be two golden termistate awards.

Clovis

Thanks very much for --your support -and thoughts on the termistat temperature subject
I have a high regard for your opinion watching you do your own restoration and picking up some good info from you along the way
Race engines running at 200 degrees --is new to me -as i did endless work to get my Super Stock Drag Race Chevy to run at 160 degrees ( class record holder for 4 years --so it worked for me )
So as you can see running the 64 Caddy at the higher temp actually goes against my thoughts on the temp to run your engine at for peak performance
What kind of race engines was he building and for what kind of racing as that could influence the temps he chooses to run his engines at - i would think

I will be switching the different temp ratings to confirm my thoughts on the subject but it will take me some time to compare
I truly remember --feeling a a bit more performance with the 195 --right after making the change --some years ago in 2006 but will be checking this out for myself

Put the 180 in the car a 3 months ago
The change may be more noticable to me when i change back to 195
I will see

Enjoy

Hey Clovis

If nothing else --i finally learned how to spell--THERMOSTAT --the right way !
Now thats ---a WIN --Win--FOR SURE !------ PMSL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin --will be enjoying this ---i think somehow ( you know --the very CLASSY FLEETWOOD Cadillac English Professor GUY ) PMSL !!!!

Enjoy

and don't you forget it either. LOL

Only just put the Fleetwood back in the garage too.

To get back to the ---Door Bell button
Well its purpose was --door related ! ( and just a very lucky guess on my part )

This has to be one of the earlier garage door openers -- ever -to be in our year cars
Kind of a newer high tech electronic gaget in these years
Boy has time marched on with that item

Enjoy

Is it a dealer installed option or an aftermarket item? At least now I know what those are. Thank you everyone for all the help!

This was not a standard Cadillac dealer installed option. With that said, Cadillac dealers will and have installed aftermarket and other brand items throughout the course of automotive history. (My '02 Escalade has a host of Vogue and other brand equipment installed from Thompson Cadillac, Raleigh, NC)    Regardless, it was probably in all likelihood installed after the original purchase of the car.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Alternator upgrade for bagged 1964 Deville

Started by Boardie101 in General Discussion. Last reply by Boardie101 9 hours ago. 7 Replies

Hey everyone, hope all is well and thanks in advance for the breadth of knowledge/info. this site provides...I recently installed an air bag suspension kit to my 1964 Deville and needless to say the…Continue

Tags: air, bags, suspension, 63, 64

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 17 hours ago. 1 Reply

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Blog Posts

Wire OR Sabre wheels ...

Posted by Mack on July 19, 2018 at 11:15pm 0 Comments

Hi there

i was just wondering how many of you out there has wire or Sabre/turbine wheels on.

youre more than welcome to post some pictures becuase I am debating on getting wire wheels...or Sabre wheels :)

Trumpet horn

Posted by Robert Alan Shannon on July 19, 2018 at 11:21am 1 Comment

Just noticed a nice looking trumpet horn on ebay ; price seems fair. I am not connected to this item in any way, just thought someone here might like it.

Need correct Muffler for 64 DeVille

Posted by Norman Silverman on June 18, 2018 at 7:57pm 13 Comments

Hello all.

I need to replace the muffler on my 64 and the local shop does not have the correct one.

After looking on the web site's help section, I still don't see a recommended part/manufacturer or suggestion. 

What is the best solution to purchase for a stock, single system with 2 1/2 inch pipes, center in, offset out? 

Thanks.

Norm

64 Power Seat Transmission cleaning-it did the trick

Posted by Norman Silverman on June 16, 2018 at 5:36pm 4 Comments

Hello All.

I thought I'd post a little encouragement for those that might have an inoperative 6 way power seat in their car. The fix is relatively easy, and VERY cheap.

I just purchased an original (not re-painted, nor reupholstered) 64 Sedan De Ville 4 window. When I purchased it the front seat was adjusted forward and tilted down in front; two of the worst positions for me, so I had no choice but to attempt to repair it. 

Pushing the switch in each direction brought…

Continue

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service