Hi folks,

I'm new to Cadillacs so bear with me if this question has already been answered but I did a search of the forum and couldn't find an answer.

It appears I have an original master cylinder (based on photos of Jason's setup). The brake booster may also be original.

I would like to have them rebuilt before putting them back in the car so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a place to do the rebuild. Rockauto offers a return and rebuild service but I'm a bit leery of how good the rebuild would be.

Any advice is appreciated!

Chris

Views: 401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dave

Where is Karps located ?
Like the 62 CDV in the photo

Enjoy

Karps Brakes

66 North Central Ave.

Upland, CA 91786

Dave

Thanks for the location

Enjoy

Thanks for all the information folks. Much appreciated!

Is it worth rebuilding the MC or buying a replacement? I see the Cardone ones are available for around $60.

Depends on what you are going after. If you want originality, and Cardone is offering a rebuilt original with warranty for $60 then it would be a no brainer. If it is aftermarket and not too concerned with originality then it would still be a no brainer. If you want originality and it is not original, then you need to determine rebuild cost. 5 years or so ago, you could go to the AutoZone.com site and order an original rebuilt Delco booster and Master Cylinder for around $100 to $150, which is what you see on my car. There was no need to go through the rebuild effort since I could order and have an original on my doorstep in 2 to 3 days. Since then things have changed and do not see the readily available rebuilt units, but again have not been searching lately either. So... if Cardon has them rebuilt with warranty for only $60 I would jump all over it.

Great, thank you Jason.

I'm not super concerned about originality but I am leaning in that direction at this point.

Best,

Chris

Yep I'm late to the party but just wanted to let you know how lucky you are to have a Delco moraine setup. I have the Bendix. When my MC went I paid a very high price for a replacement Bendix.

--Jake

Its not a big thing changing between the two brands. Hardest part is to connect the push rod below the dash. You might also have to change the length of the master cylinder push rod.

See: Brake booster push rod adjustment.

Just a little info; the Delco Morane M/C will fit onto a Bendex booster.  The top 2 studs are used and it lines right up.

What is the green small convertible parked beside the Cadillac? Looks like it could be parked in the trunk of the caddy...

I got my booster rebuilt for $120 Canadian and bought a new MC for $60 so I’m oretty happy!

It’s a 1974 MGB with a Buick V8 stroker- ~300 hp and over 400 ftlbs of torque in a 2200 lb car. It’s pretty fun but not easy to fit the family in it!

Chris are you Canadian? I see Nevada on the caddys license plate. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Turn signal switch needed

Started by Roy in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by John Aguilar 16 hours ago. 5 Replies

Looking for a turn signal switch for my '64 coupe DeVille. The mechanic working on it said it's the cause of the passenger rear blinker and brake light not working. This is a big issue since police…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by douglas krathwohl yesterday. 1 Reply

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Caddy Bling

Started by Joe DiIaconi in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 yesterday. 8 Replies

Continue

1964 left hand (drivers side) headlight door lower trim (boomarang) needed

Started by Michael Francioni in Wanted to Buy yesterday. 0 Replies

Must be in good condition for show car or open to a good donor for rechoming but must be pit free. send info to sanremo120@msn.com along with pictures. Thanks...…...Continue

Blog Posts

1964 Cadillac Fleetwood sixty special / transmission dipstick needed

Posted by Pablo on September 20, 2020 at 9:57pm 1 Comment

How are you doing folks, I’m looking for a transmission dipstick, any info I will appreciated, thank you very much

1963 Cadillac hood driver side hinge

Posted by Steven on September 16, 2020 at 9:23am 1 Comment

Hello,

Does anyone know were I can buy a 1963 Cadillac hood driver side hinge or is there any other hinge that would fit? 

Thanks

Steven

Bad Guage?

Posted by Karl Schwarz on August 26, 2020 at 3:08pm 5 Comments

So I am troubleshooting my fuel gauge issue. I bought a new sender and tested it. It  it goes from 1-ohm (empty) to 35-ohm (full). When I test it (outside the tank), when the float is in the up (full) position it only moves the gauge to about 1/2 full. When at the bottom (empty) position the gauge shows empty. This is the same issue I have when I fill and then use the gas in the tank - the gauge never reads ore than half full. Based on what I've read on this thread it would seem like the…

Continue

Website

Posted by Fritz Seitz on August 11, 2020 at 2:35am 0 Comments

I have been working on a website-----www.fritzsautorepair.com-----

Does anyone have suggestions?

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service