1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion (752)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Body mount bushings

Hey everyone I’m new to this group so please forgive me if I ask something that’s already been answered. I just dropped off my 63 coupe de…

Started by Jose Hernandez

2 Feb 15
Reply by Jason Edge

Picture of a1964 Cadillac Sedan de Ville exhaust hanger bracket behind the muffler, installed.

Hello, does anyone have a picture showing the bracket, which is directly behind the muffler, showing it installed and how the metal tab sit…

Started by Ron Perry

1 Feb 12
Reply by Kurt

Lower Grille remover 64 Conv.

I need to remove the lower portion of the front grille on my 64 conv.. I need to install the bottom clips that fasten to the top center sec…

Started by Dominic Salemi

0 Feb 4

Transmission Mounts

Thanks to Jason making a 900 mile trip thru Illinois, I am moving forward with pulling the trans on my Fleetwood and replacing it with the…

Started by Logan Robb

2 Feb 3
Reply by Logan Robb

63 Booster Fitment

I'm converting my front brakes to discs on my '63 Deville. I purchased the complete kit from ABS, including the booster & master cylind…

Started by Mike Travers

2 Feb 3
Reply by Mike Travers

Use the 63/64 Cadillac Forum for Specific Questions, Etc

As I get ready for a long 5 day road trip to pick up another parts car I wanted to remind all of our member that you can all post questions…

Started by Jason Edge

0 Feb 2

64 passenger side courtesy light not working

My 64 Sedan Deville passenger side door courtesy light suddenly stopped working. It worked fine then just quit. It's not the bulb or the sw…

Started by Tim

8 Jan 29
Reply by Dennis P. DiBari

Need Spring Ring pos battery cable for 64

Hi all, I am looking to get a positive Spring Ring battery cable for my 64 Coupe. The Delco part # is 4F53. It needs to be 53” long and hav…

Started by Jeff Tepper

3 Jan 28
Reply by Jason Edge

1964 Rochester fuel filter to carburetor inlet hard line

Okay so I ordered the line kit recently from Caddy Daddy but the U shaped line does not even reach the filter. Everything is factory as far…

Started by Tim

0 Jan 28

1964 Cad Deville Front brake spring pins

Hi Out there. I am having a tough time finding the I inch long Brake pins . They only have the letter E on the head and there are two on ea…

Started by Donald Swenson

0 Jan 22

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Modern radio antenna …

Started by Mack in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion yesterday. 0 Replies

Just replaced radios for the modern radios with Bluetooth and all the dance things and wanted to share how I went around the antenna knob… I’ve installed a regular two way GM window switch in the…Continue

BOOT

Started by John Inglesby in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Marty Smith yesterday. 1 Reply

I recently purchased a new boot for my 64 convertible and was wondering how difficult it s to install. I'm not very mechanical. It looks like the chrome piece behind and at top of seats needs to be…Continue

63 Exhaust Hanger Mystery

Started by Mike Travers in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Cees de Bunje on Monday. 8 Replies

I'm in the process of installing a stainless steel single exhaust from Classic Exhaust on my '63 Coupe de Ville. I'm running into a mystery regarding my middle exhaust bracket. I have the bracket…Continue

TH400 Dipstick Tube Seal

Started by Logan Robb in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Logan Robb on Monday. 9 Replies

In my “rebuild” of the transmission, I ordered a dipstick tube seal. However, I’m not sure if the right one came or how to best install the seal. I am wondering if anyone has replaced this seal OR…Continue

Blog Posts

Loud air moving sound within carb with cleaner removed

Posted by Dave Fehrle on March 23, 2024 at 3:23pm 8 Comments

While checking my Carter carb with engine running, I took the air cleaner off and there was a very loud hissing sound of air. I placed a piece of paper over the carb and it didn’t move up or down, is this normal?

Vintage Air AC

Posted by Chase on March 21, 2024 at 5:55am 0 Comments

Hey everyone, has anybody done a Vintage Air AC/Heat setup in their car? I want to bypass the old vacuum setup and go with a Vintage Air Gen 2 model. Before I get started, does anyone have any experience with this? (Which model to go with, do’s and dont’s, etc.) It looks pretty involved. Any and all info/pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

accumulator dryer

Posted by CHRIS CARLSON on December 6, 2023 at 10:54am 0 Comments

Who rebuilds original AC  accumulator dryers for 1964 Cadillac? I have been on Classic auto air in Tampa FL wait list for over a year ,  There is one on Old air products web site that looks very similar to the original # 21-4214A but states it fits 1962 Gm cars, The one recommended for a 1964 Cadillac is half the length 21-4215A    What  is everyone using ? I would prefer to be as original as possible. Thanks

'63 Eldorado trumpet horn + 2 standard horns restoration

Posted by Les Eastling on November 15, 2023 at 10:34am 1 Comment

My son, unbeknownst to me, had all three of the horns on our 1963 Eldorado completely restored. We had recently added the Eldorado trumpet horn to the two standard horns and the sound was not very good... we had heard good ones so we knew something was not right... but there was not much we could do to get better sound from the 3 horns. 

There is a restoration service called The Horn Works who my son…

Continue

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service