All Discussions Tagged 'light' (3)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

courtesy light wiring

My right rear door courtesy light has two wires- a solid red and a black w/ white stripe. What puzzles me is that both wires have voltage a…

Started by Andy Kalnins

18 Jun 22
Reply by tom servas

WTB - Door Courtesy Light Brackets ('64 Sedan Deville - rear driver's side and front passenger's side)

Hey there, I'm looking for a total of two door courtesy light brackets (chrome portion - mine are broken and somewhat hang out of door), on…

Started by Boardie101

2 Nov 7, 2016
Reply by Boardie101

NEW repop 64 tail light lens set for sale

I have discovered the supplier for the 64 tail light lens. They sell to all the major suppliers, like OPGI.  I have these now, so get them…

Started by Russ Austin

0 Sep 10, 2016

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Trivia Question 17 - Item You COULD NOT Delete Because of Cars Heater

Started by Jason Edge in Trivia. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 6 hours ago. 6 Replies

OK. We had so much fun with the last Trivia regarding the car's heater, I thought we should post another heater related question.  So here goes:What item does the spec manual go out of its way to…Continue

Tags: Question, Trivia

Good Sources for Parts?

Started by Bob Ricks in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 12 hours ago. 1 Reply

New member here so be patient with me.  New owner of what I would consider a rat-rod 63 caddy.  Previous owner painted everything flat black, in an obvious attempt in covering up body deficiencies. …Continue

Trivia Question 16 - Standard Item You could Delete for Reduced Cost?

Started by Jason Edge in Trivia. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 19 hours ago. 21 Replies

OK. Here's a new trivia. There is at least one main standard (non-option) item that one could "delete" on a new 1963 or 1964 Cadillac for a reduced cost.  What is it?  For extra cigars, what is the…Continue

Custom '64 Eldorado on Bitchin' Rides Last Night

Started by Ian Osborne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Cees de Bunje yesterday. 1 Reply

If anyone here is familiar with the show "Bitchin' Rides" they started work on a '64 Eldo on the episode that aired last night (12/5). I really like the show and they build some amazing custom…Continue

Blog Posts

still need a driveshaft

Posted by wayne weaver on November 26, 2019 at 11:53am 2 Comments

well thank you UPS for losing the driveshaft that Russ Austin shipped me. 

however i still need a rear driveshaft section for my 63. mine has a vibration due to the bushing inside of it. its a shame because the ball and sockets in the cardian joints are perfect but it has a woble on the balancing machine. so .  still need the rear section. anyone have a good one ? is there driveshaft alternatives to use ? i am really considering an LS swap and since im fighting the driveshaft search…

Continue

63 guidematic issues

Posted by maurice lapoiinte on November 24, 2019 at 3:10pm 0 Comments

So my 63 guide matic headlamps stay on low beam all the time. I have so far bypassed the system and everything works normal. I have been thru the trouble shooting in the manual but this is where the confusion begins.on my car when the power relay is powered I have low beam and when its not powered I have highbeam, this appears to be opposite what the diagnosis says should be correct.The wiring is all original and no wires have been mixed up.has anyone ever unplugged the 2 wire connector…

Continue

Another advantage of the Pertronix III

Posted by Doug Scarrow on November 23, 2019 at 11:12am 1 Comment

Having tried both the II and III I can say the multispark feature of the III offers a smoother idle . It is also easier to install .Does not require removal of the distributor

Stuck at two red (dash) lights!

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on November 3, 2019 at 10:00pm 9 Comments

I hope someone can help solve these two electrical problems that appeared one after the other.

By way of background: The car, a '64 Eldorado has very limited use. It was at a restoration shop for 15 months until last January-  that supposedly did a bunch of wiring repairs including rebuilding the gas gauge that still hasn't worked properly, and the clock that hasn't worked, and re-soldering the broken wires in the drive door. All window and seat controls appear to be…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service