1964 Cadillac with Elvis and The Beatles in Elvis CA house

1965 August 27 The Beatles came to see Elvis at his CA house in 1964 Cadillac.

Views: 383

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The photo is not really clear but it looks like a 63 Cadillac to me. Very cool either way.

Yup, that's definitely a '63. A Fleetwood maybe?

For sure a 63, looks like a convertible.

Elvis_Beatles2.jpg

Convertible.

This was from the Beatles meeting Elvis at his home in Beverly Hills on Aug 27, 1965. If memory serves that is a 63 Cadillac Elvis had gifted friend and body guard Sonny West. I met and hung out with Sonny several times as Pres of the Elvis International Fan Club and remembered asking him about the 63, but to Elvis' Entourage, these were just interim cars as Elvis was constantly upgrading them to the latest offerings … usually by Cadillac. I believe Sonny would next receive a brand new 1967 Eldorado.
Here's a picture of me and Sonny about around 2007 in Memphis… he passed away last year.

I wonder if the 63 still exists.

My '63 convertible was originally a California car and was black so there was a very slight possibility. I can't completely make out the license plate in the picture but I do see enough to know it does not match up with mine.

Oh well

Geez Ian, it would very hip if it was.

Yeah and the value probably would have doubled.

Great picture.During that meeting (Elvis-The Beatles)-no pictures and recording was allowed.But Colonel Parker spreed the word about meeting so fans could come to the gate Elvis house.Some pictures were taken by the fans from behind the gate.Sonny West ...he betrayed Elvis by writing this book.Elvis support him all his life and on the end when Elvis father try to cut expenses by letting 3 bodyguards go for longer vacation (not fire them) they wrote book exposing Elvis private life to the public.That was a nail to His coffin.Imagine -you support for more then 20 years 3 friends(Elvis support more people as we all know) who they would be "Nobody"  without Elvis and after His death still making big money of Him like parasites.

Well, the entire Elvis story is very, very complex with many sides, angles and layers and will not get into it but it is worthy of further study for those interested. I took the deep dive from age 4 to about 45, running a major International Fan for close to a decade where we did in depth interviews with close friends, colleagues, costars, etc such as Sonny West, Larry Geller, Joe Esposito, Myrna Smith, Patti Parry, Jerry Schilling, Ed Bonja, Darlene Tompkins, Cynthia Pepper and others and came away with a richer understanding of the person and the icon. There were outside influences that could have probably saved Elvis, and those that may or may not have been able to help him and will just leave it at that. If I go any further …. well the story runs very deep.  

I found this interesting site run by an Australian bloke.

http://www.elviscadillacs.com/index.html

There is this bit about a '63 CDV: http://www.elviscadillacs.com/1960-04.html but no mention of a '63 convertible.

There is also this regarding a '64 Fleetwood limousine that may be of interest here: http://www.elviscadillacs.com/1960-04.html

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Classic Cadillac Parts For Sale - Misc Items

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 1 hour ago. 165 Replies

I have posted a few Misc items over on my Classic Cadillac Parts Facebook page at…Continue

Tags: classic cadillac parts, classiccadillacparts

Looking for 64 to 66 seat belt buckles, male and female together.

Started by Ryan Frawley in Wanted to Buy. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 yesterday. 5 Replies

Hey all, I am in the process of finishing up my 64 coupe deville and noticed that the front seat belts only have the retractor side in the bag I put all the belts in when I got it. I have found it…Continue

Tags: buckle, safety belt, seatbelt, seatbelts

Movie Star Cars.

Started by Kevin Campbell in General Discussion. Last reply by Kurt yesterday. 17 Replies

We have the Village Roadshow film studios about an 1.5 hour drive away.They've put out a call for cars to appear in a movie about Elvis. :-)So, I nominated our 64 Fleetwood as a potential "Movie Star…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge yesterday. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Blog Posts

Stuck at two red (dash) lights!

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on November 3, 2019 at 10:00pm 9 Comments

I hope someone can help solve these two electrical problems that appeared one after the other.

By way of background: The car, a '64 Eldorado has very limited use. It was at a restoration shop for 15 months until last January-  that supposedly did a bunch of wiring repairs including rebuilding the gas gauge that still hasn't worked properly, and the clock that hasn't worked, and re-soldering the broken wires in the drive door. All window and seat controls appear to be…

Continue

driveshaft help

Posted by wayne weaver on October 9, 2019 at 4:41pm 1 Comment

can anyone help me with a driveshaft ? I have a 1963 Cadillac 62 series 4dr with the hydro-matic trans. I need the male splined shaft on the front of the rear driveshaft section. the piece with the nut attached by clip.id be willing to buy a shaft if its not horribly priced.

Dash removal

Posted by Jake Mickley on October 9, 2019 at 12:06am 9 Comments

Hello everyone,

On a 63 CDV, if a guy wanted to remove the entire dash to get all the metal painted, and do some other things behind there, how would he go about doing that?  I checked here and the shop manual, but can't find a complete guide.

As always, and help or direction is appreciated.  Thanks!

--Jake

Introducing myself

Posted by Gary Marchand on October 7, 2019 at 9:32pm 8 Comments

Thanks for letting me join the club.  Picked up this ‘64 Coupe Deville a few months ago out of Beverly MA, the car has few stickers on it from various Cadillac clubs, didn’t know if anyone might recognize it from it’s “Glory days.” Everything seems pretty healthy except for the body and some very Mickey Mouse repairs, was wondering if anyone had any leads on…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service