I need a 20/80% vacuum valve for a 1964 Cadillac Convertible De Ville

I am hoping for some help --from my Cadillac guys

Been thru the regular channels --ebay -old air products --caddy daddy

Is there a place that rebuilds the vacuum valves ?

Any help locating this item is greatly appreciated
Will need a price quote

Thanks

Enjoy

Views: 470

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What's a 20/80% vacuum valve Tony? I'm not familiar with that term. I apologize in advance if it's in the shop manual but I never really used it a whole lot during my comfort control rebuild.

...also called the recirculation actuator. Located on the blower case in the engine compartment.  Controls how much fresh air vs recirculated air into the cabin.

That’s the one with two ports on it I believe, mounts to the fan housing. I got a new one for my ‘63  from Old Air Products or OPGI.  I just looked at the OPGI web site and it shows having stock.  They resell Old Air Products.  And notorious for a premium markup.  It’s Part number BR02521 for the recirculation actuator.  

Old Air Products price is about $35 less than OPGI for the exact same part!  

I wouldn't buy toothpicks from OPGI, overpriced even in USA funds. Shipped to Canada it's triple because they require you to use FedEx and both company's penalize for living in a foreign country. UPS is no better. 

This is what I'm planning on doing on my 64. I'm still on the time delay switch though. It was not modified with a master switch. I'm leaving it that way. Right now I'm troubleshooting some basic issues with it to see where all the basic problems are. It starts with mouse nests. I find Cadillac Tim's book indispensable.

By the way Clovis, that restored blower case is beautiful!  Nice work!  What sheen of black is that?

It's a satin Michael. 

GORGEOUS! And that now-black-originally-white solenoid on the bottom is what I need to replace. How long did it take you to remove that housing and did it involve removing refrigerant gas? Did the Recirc Valve come out easily once the housing was removed?Also, did you replace the blower too, as long as you had it out?

Sorry to be a pest, but I have not had my hands on a Caddy for many years (playing with Imperials for the past 20 or so years).

Thanks!

Norm

Thank you guys --( Jason - Clovis and Micheal ) for your help
Old air products is out of them for now
OPGI has the valve --so very glad i could locate the part

Clovis i do understand your issues with OPGI and there shipping costs issues to your location
Shipping costs just make the purchase unreasonable
I have not yet found out what my shipping will be to Florida

I am i the process of putting together the parts i will be needing to bring my comfort control back into full operating condition

I now have 134a in my system since 2006 and AC working but just --not cold enough -for my liking but using my car with the top down mostly - not so much of an issue for me
The stv upgrade was never installed on my car when i had that done years ago
No idea why as i had a shop make the change
I have the ability to go back to R-12 --which is my current plan
The fellow i spoke to at old air products did tell me ( when i asked ) that the R-12 does get colder than the 134a ( for sure ) and that the R-12 system runs at much lower pressures than the 134a
Bottom line is r-12 was what the system was designed for so it should work best
The A6 compresssor can be run with either freon and it is only the oil used that is used that is different for the different freons
As my system is now up and running i may just change the shrader valves back to the r-12 kind and remove the 134a and have the r-12 reinstalled with what ever that may take to do ( flushing and evacuating the system )
One of the problems with doing that is i do not know if just doing that will get my system as cold as i require
I am prepared to change the compressor evaporater valve and the dryer ( must always be change ) if that is needed
I think at that point if not cold enough --i would like to capture and save the r-12 freon now in my system and change the needed parts At that point if needed

Still in the planning stages but excited to have the ability to do this

There was never any issue with the 64 getting cold enough on the hottest of days when the system was stock out of the factory

I do have a heater core to replace in the system also

Enjoy

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Exhaust Manifold Gaskets......Again

Started by Ian Osborne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Ian Osborne 10 hours ago. 21 Replies

I know I'm not the only one who has dealt with constantly failing exhaust manifold gaskets but I have the heads off for a valve job and I'm trying to fix the issue once and for all. Well, maybe for a…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 20 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Caddy Daddy

Started by Dan McNarry in General Discussion. Last reply by Dan McNarry yesterday. 10 Replies

I'm looking to buy a new fuel sending unit for my car and was wondering if anyone has had recent dealings with Caddy Daddy and if so, yeah or nay?Continue

help adding fluid to top motor for '64.

Started by john kilbourne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Charles Fares yesterday. 3 Replies

Is there a Youtube about this? From what I can learn for other lesser cars, such as they may be, the drill is: remove rear seat bottom and back, remove the plug from the top motor reservoir, use a…Continue

Blog Posts

63 Caddy Horn

Posted by Robert Alan Shannon on May 27, 2020 at 9:25am 9 Comments

Just noticed a 1963  Caddy trumpet horn on Ebay. No part # given but some of his other items are 1963 specific, just throwin this out there, I have no connection to this listing .

Wiring connection help.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 24, 2020 at 9:15pm 2 Comments

Can someone help me figure where these connections go? I have a 64 60 special if it matters.…

Continue

Wood grain finally done.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 20, 2020 at 4:57pm 3 Comments

After years of wanting to, I finally redid my wood dash paneling on my 64 60s. Not too hard to do either.…

Continue

390 engine replacement needed

Posted by Jason on May 18, 2020 at 7:54pm 1 Comment

I’m looking for a 1963 Cadillac 390 engine that runs. 

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service