Hey guys.

Im going to be pulling my engine and tranny out soon. Theres some leaks on my engine and tranny. The main reason for this is because i need to paint the engine and engine bay. So i might as well go through everything and replace all gaskets and seals. Im going to be pulling most of the parts off the engine to sandblast and paint. Im pretty new here and was wondering if anyone has a parts list of what i would need. I would want to change front and rear mains seals, valve cover, oil pan seals, etc. If some can help me out with what i will need and maybe what site you guys order off of. That would be appreciated. 

Btw i have 1963 deville series 62. Not sure what transmission it has in it. I have posted pictures of the gear selector since i read on here you can identify tranny from that. I have also posted pictures of the engine so you guys know what im dealing with. LOL. 

Thanks alot guys!

Views: 540

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do put a new water pump on the engine when its out ( or if doing the timing chain )
The water pump is a job you might like to aviod in the near future

If you do pull the heads to inspect cylinder wear the thing to do is freshen up the heads by seeing what they require
You can see how this becomes opening a can of worms -as they say
If you choose to invest the time and dollars--i second Russ's suggestion that a fresh engine is the best making the car more reliable to take anyplace which is a GOOD thing

If necessary the rebuild can be done in stages with lifes other priorities getting in the way !!

Enjoy

Enjoy

Which water pumps do you guys use. I heard lots of problems with certain ones with incorrect tolerances?

The Cardone wP from Rock Auto is a good one-- thanks to Russ and Clovis who are keeping us out of trouble with bad stuff that comes out of the box new

Enjoy

Hi Klutch,

You could put a vacuum gauge on the car while she is running to get a good overall reading on where you stand before you start pulling things apart that really do not need addressed. You said earlier in your post that the car was running well, had minimal or no blow-by, etc.  

Drive it and enjoy it.  I know there is great temptation to "fix" things while the engine is out and if you have the time and money to do so, it certainly is the opportune time but if your main problem is an engine with lower compression than factory specs, it took 55 years to get to that point so it would seem she is on a very slow decline. 

These are great cars that were built to top notch standards. Sure, they can be improved with some modern technology but why do so if you really do not have to?  Just a penny for your thoughts. 

Happy Cadillacin'!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Need some help

Started by Christian in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Ray Schick 1 hour ago. 3 Replies

Hello,I removed the dash pad from my 63 Series 62 coupe and renewed all bulbs of the car..i still have one bulb with socket left which i can not identify anymore....and i do not remember where it…Continue

I need to buy rim for tire Los Angeles ca

Started by Charles in Wanted to Buy. Last reply by Charles 3 hours ago. 2 Replies

in need or rim for tire Cadillac Fleetwood 64 any one known why i can buy in Los Angeles ca ..hi..thanks 310 309 0332Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 5 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Classic Cadillac Parts For Sale - Misc Items

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 5 hours ago. 166 Replies

I have posted a few Misc items over on my Classic Cadillac Parts Facebook page at…Continue

Tags: classic cadillac parts, classiccadillacparts

Blog Posts

driveshaft help

Posted by wayne weaver on October 9, 2019 at 4:41pm 1 Comment

can anyone help me with a driveshaft ? I have a 1963 Cadillac 62 series 4dr with the hydro-matic trans. I need the male splined shaft on the front of the rear driveshaft section. the piece with the nut attached by clip.id be willing to buy a shaft if its not horribly priced.

Dash removal

Posted by Jake Mickley on October 9, 2019 at 12:06am 9 Comments

Hello everyone,

On a 63 CDV, if a guy wanted to remove the entire dash to get all the metal painted, and do some other things behind there, how would he go about doing that?  I checked here and the shop manual, but can't find a complete guide.

As always, and help or direction is appreciated.  Thanks!

--Jake

Introducing myself

Posted by Gary Marchand on October 7, 2019 at 9:32pm 8 Comments

Thanks for letting me join the club.  Picked up this ‘64 Coupe Deville a few months ago out of Beverly MA, the car has few stickers on it from various Cadillac clubs, didn’t know if anyone might recognize it from it’s “Glory days.” Everything seems pretty healthy except for the body and some very Mickey Mouse repairs, was wondering if anyone had any leads on…

Continue

Carter AFB carburetor question

Posted by Ray Schick on October 7, 2019 at 8:29pm 8 Comments

3655S carb, and a 3656S carb .I know the difference is one is for A/C and the other in for a non A/C car . Now the question is : can I use the carb bowl from the A/C car on the non A/C car ? They look the same set up next to each other

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service