Looking for the above part. Ran my engine up and noticed thermostat was jammed closed. Went to take the thermostat housing off and one of the bolt mounting holes cracked completely through.

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can drill a hole in the broken bolt ,and use an - Easy Out tool - to unscrew the broken bolt out
The drill and tool ,you can get at hardware or auto stores
They work great Heating with a butane torche ,could help

Tony, it sounds like his cylinder head outlet pipe physically broke apart where the thermostat top housing bolts to it. I've seen this before, especially when the bolt is seized to the outlet pipe.  If you have a machine shop good with fabricating metal they may be able to salve the broken section. I've seen my guys at our local shop work wonders, especially with filling in gouged aluminum, but not sure about a section completely broken out. If no one here has one shoot me an email to jasonedge@nc.rr.com and will put you on the Wait List.

I was using the easy out tool when the part cracked. It's a real pain.
Jason
Thank you for your reply ,and our wonderful website

I have one. Shoot me an email to;  russ85747@hotmail.com 

Hi Russ,
Thanks for the offer I found one on EBay. Cost me $60 plus the shipping which wasn't too bad. Funny thing is it's off of a same seller who had a complete 4 door for sale for $700 that I lost the bid on.

Alex

I would have sold you one cheaper.  Ask in here first, as ebay is not a reasonable source for new parts, It should be your last choice.     

I agree with Russ that you should check here and see what we have, but disagree with the price and comment on eBay in general. To find a 50 year old unique engine part for less than one bill is not that bad. I just paid $900 for an ABS brake control Valve for my 2002 Escalade and it is only 14 years old. Direct from GM it was $1491.22, and that's a piece still around as NOS.

My policy has always been two fold. First I don't like to gouge people, but I am not going to give say a pristine front engine cover away. No I am not going to sell for $500, $750 or more (which you can get as they are crazy hard to find), but the days of selling them for $50 are long gone.  So I adjust up to $125 to $175 in nice condition.

Second, I've been selling parts for 19 years and am in zero hurry to "get a sale" before someone else does. If I have something I often pop in and post that I have it, but often will let them ride to see if someone else has them. I also often share with those on my Wait List regarding others that might have an item, or point to an eBay listing. 

Ebay is what it is. Some times great deals are to be had, some times not, sometimes the prices are absurd.  For example, this past week I saw a NOS complete LH cornering light assembly go for $86! (CLICK HERE to see it) I paid more than that to have mine grill rechromed! I came close to biting on that one but let my prudence and pocket book reign that urge in.

So the point is to do your homework and know exactly what you need. To me $60 is a great price, assuming it is nice condition, regardless of the source. My going price is about $50 to $75 depending on condition, but as my Wait List backs up with customers looking for these, I will be inclined to ask a bit more.

Jasons ,prices are the best possible ,anyplace ,and will be very obvious when you shop around
You get the right part ,simply because he knows every aspect of all the cars in our model years ,unlike the ebay misinformed crap shoot
If they posted the correct info to begin with
Jason ,Is One of the very best authorities on our year cars
All his parts are under roof ,so no damage from the elements
I can see why he does not have any concern about selling parts ,as he has a Gold Mine in a building LOL ! !
His passion for the subject of our cars ,is truly a labor of Love ,and he is a top notch business man as well

Now isn't that PRICELESS ! ,in today world
Do not overlook what Russ has for sale ,as all of the good qualities i have stated about Jason above ,do apply tp Russ as well
Russ is in Arizona and Jason is in North Carolina ,so lcation will influence your purchace ,due to distance and shipping
I had already committed to the one on EBay before I saw Russ's reply. I do use EBay as a last resort. I've been watching a trunk lid on there for a couple of months but ended up buying one from a guy on another Cadillac forum as he had one for a better price and better condition. I'm still searching for a rear bumper.

Thanks,

Alex

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Classic Cadillac Parts For Sale - Misc Items

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 6 hours ago. 166 Replies

I have posted a few Misc items over on my Classic Cadillac Parts Facebook page at…Continue

Tags: classic cadillac parts, classiccadillacparts

Cadillac King - UNFAIR, Unprofessional

Started by Edward in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 6 hours ago. 9 Replies

Hi Good America Today I’ll like to bring awareness, and hope to help prevent future headaches. 20years and they still got my order wrong !At Cadillac King i spent over 1400$ on parts. I specifically…Continue

Rear main Follow up replacement and repair,,

Started by Kim K Kaiser in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 7 hours ago. 67 Replies

Well, got it all together,, Jason, i was looking in the wrong chapter in the manual on the starter,, got that figured out.  everything hooked back upGot it put back together, started up, and oil…Continue

Movie Star Cars.

Started by Kevin Campbell in General Discussion. Last reply by Kevin Campbell 16 hours ago. 19 Replies

We have the Village Roadshow film studios about an 1.5 hour drive away.They've put out a call for cars to appear in a movie about Elvis. :-)So, I nominated our 64 Fleetwood as a potential "Movie Star…Continue

Blog Posts

Stuck at two red (dash) lights!

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on November 3, 2019 at 10:00pm 9 Comments

I hope someone can help solve these two electrical problems that appeared one after the other.

By way of background: The car, a '64 Eldorado has very limited use. It was at a restoration shop for 15 months until last January-  that supposedly did a bunch of wiring repairs including rebuilding the gas gauge that still hasn't worked properly, and the clock that hasn't worked, and re-soldering the broken wires in the drive door. All window and seat controls appear to be…

Continue

driveshaft help

Posted by wayne weaver on October 9, 2019 at 4:41pm 1 Comment

can anyone help me with a driveshaft ? I have a 1963 Cadillac 62 series 4dr with the hydro-matic trans. I need the male splined shaft on the front of the rear driveshaft section. the piece with the nut attached by clip.id be willing to buy a shaft if its not horribly priced.

Dash removal

Posted by Jake Mickley on October 9, 2019 at 12:06am 9 Comments

Hello everyone,

On a 63 CDV, if a guy wanted to remove the entire dash to get all the metal painted, and do some other things behind there, how would he go about doing that?  I checked here and the shop manual, but can't find a complete guide.

As always, and help or direction is appreciated.  Thanks!

--Jake

Introducing myself

Posted by Gary Marchand on October 7, 2019 at 9:32pm 8 Comments

Thanks for letting me join the club.  Picked up this ‘64 Coupe Deville a few months ago out of Beverly MA, the car has few stickers on it from various Cadillac clubs, didn’t know if anyone might recognize it from it’s “Glory days.” Everything seems pretty healthy except for the body and some very Mickey Mouse repairs, was wondering if anyone had any leads on…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service