Since getting the car over the summer I've been working on little things here and there.  Work slowed enough I was finally able to finish the front end rebuild, install lowering springs and have the new whitewalls installed.

Now I just have to wait for the rains to end so I can enjoy this baby!

Views: 74

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice looking CDV 

Do not see that color combo often which makes it even better 

The true joy of owning these cars is getting them out on the road to enjoy the unique ride quality they offer and the Crazy attention they generate

Very much better than the extensive work it might take to get to that place but when there it is a very special experience out and about 

Personally I like having a collector car that is not seen that often being  a bit different at any given car showing with endless hot rod Chevy duplications 

I actually consider my 64 convert a —-Luxury Hot Rod —myself as 1964 was a special time for General Motors and the start of the high performance high powered big cubic inch engines in many of the companies line up 

A lot of those years being driven by getting your car to the drag strip with the machines being produced by the auto factories and the songs on the radios 

Little old lady from Pasadena — She’s real fine my 409 ( my personal super stock record  breaking experience then ) — Little Duce Coupe  - Spring little cobra  etc — you get the idea !

As well as some of the best Rock and Roll bands ever ( Beatles 1964 ) 

You almost felt left out —-if you where not racing at a drag strip and we’re a Car Guy then 

Very great much simpler times than today’s  

Wish you all could have lived thru that very exciting time in America as they were some of the most affluent times in America’s history and our cars truly  express a sign of those times 

Enjoy 

I often think, wide whites only suit dark colours and its skinny whites for the light colours.

You pulled it off perfectly with wide whites there for sure. 100% on point.

1 inch lower looks great, and stock too.

Thanks for the positive comments!  We love the car!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Ordering Polyurethane Replacement Trailing Arm Bushings

Started by Dan McNarry in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Dan McNarry 1 hour ago. 4 Replies

There seems to be growing interest in the poly bushings. In order for me to keep track of who wants bushings, please send me a message along with or in lieu of a reply to either this thread or the…Continue

What gasket or seal at the PCV pipe under intake?

Started by Tosh Dickenson in General Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 9 hours ago. 3 Replies

Wonder what kind of seal goes on the metal PCV pipe under the intake?  It looks like the larger part is kind of a press fit into the manifold but maybe there was a rubber gasket under the bolt that…Continue

1964 Interior AC/Heater Box Removal

Started by Travis in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by Travis 19 hours ago. 13 Replies

Newby question here!  I've read through the shop manual and as many threads as I could find on here, but I'm still stumped on exactly how to remove the interior plastic Heater/AC box from my 64 SDV…Continue

Tags: vacuum, mode, door, box, a/c

Drain plug and speedo bullet seal.

Started by Pete Grodem in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin yesterday. 3 Replies

Hello,Sealing  up my 63 Jetaway duel coupling and questioning the drain plug and the speedo bullet, both used an o ring for sealing. This does not seam proper as the o ring gets crushed when…Continue

Blog Posts

How to sensibly deal with the Corona Virus

Posted by Jeff Kinzler on March 14, 2020 at 5:02pm 6 Comments

https://theamericanscholar.org/covid-19-a-primer/

I found this very helpful, written by a knowledgeable authority in public health. 

Remember, Viruses are not spread by Cadillacs so get out and drive!

Safe & Healthy travels. 

Jeff Kinzler

1963 Eldorado convertible boot

Posted by Les Eastling on February 27, 2020 at 10:33am 1 Comment

I need a used convertible boot for a 63 Cadillac convertible - condition or color is not an issue since it will be used as a pattern for making a new one. One from either a 62 series convertible or an Eldorado would work. I know I am searching for hen's teeth here... but you never know unless you ask!

Looking for 63 Convertible / Coupe rear side trim

Posted by Gene McIlroy on January 24, 2020 at 12:18pm 0 Comments

Want to find a good straight dent free rear side trim for my 1963 Convertible.  I have both sides but they do not match.  Wanting to get them to match.  I am attaching a photo of the two trim sided that I have really wanting the squared off trim if I can get it.  Let's see what you have,…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service