Hello all,

I haven't been on the forum for quite a while and do wish you all well. I would like to thank all of you who have purchased replacement rear trailing arms from me in the past. I realize that there are still customers out there for this product but I am at a bit of a cross roads. I would like to continue but over the last 4 years the cost for machining and waterjet services as well as steel have gone up and my price hasn't changed.

I would like to increase my price to $420 from $385 but would also have them powder coated. I am about to start making the next batch and would like some input before going forward. 

Thanks,

Dan

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Dan I hope you continue providing trailing arms. I plan to order a pair later this year

Jan

I have them on my own 63. Such an improvement. The pinion angle vibration is gone.  I can feel the difference in the ride quality. It took some of the boat sway away and gave an improved ride. 

I also have the inserts that go into the stock trailing arm, for those who want the stock look when looking underneath.   I was gong to install them on my other 63, but that car was sold. 

My 2 cents; worth the time and money.

Hi Russ,

Thanks for the input. I am looking at having the machine shop take over the complete manufacturing process from start to finish. It is getting to be a bit of a chore as I have had a few health issues lately and off loading the manufacturing and powder coating will take a burden off me. I don't plan on shuffling off any time soon but if I did, I would like to leave something that my daughters could manage and keep the product alive.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan 
Very nice to hear from you 

Your control arms are helping many on this site and the only real solution to  the rear  control arm replacement so keep up your great work with reproducing  them 

Your  engineering skills regarding all things automotive just leaves me very impressed always 

Glad guys like  you are around with all your god given talents to help us  solve problems 

Your 62 will always be a very very  special memorable  Cadillac to me  just because you own it and have made some amazing performance changes to your  very special machine  

Just one gear head admiring another's  skills  my friend 

Enjoy 

I also hv a pair

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Rear main seal. 63

Started by Kim K Kaiser in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 10 hours ago. 3 Replies

My rms is leaking again.  I hv cked all other options for leaks and its none of those.  Ie, oil presdure, valve covers, etc.  So i called egge to order another one.  I asked the guy wat contack…Continue

Selling 1964 Coupe Deville Parts

Started by Gary Smiley in For Sale. Last reply by Gary Smiley 11 hours ago. 2 Replies

What I  have are many extra original, hard-to-find 1964 Cadillac Coupe Deville Parts (from donor car).…Continue

Tags: doors, hood, engine

Classic Cadillac Parts For Sale - Misc Items

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 18 hours ago. 275 Replies

I have posted a few Misc items over on my Classic Cadillac Parts Facebook page at…Continue

Tags: classic cadillac parts, classiccadillacparts

Blog Posts

Rumble Sound at 55-60 mph

Posted by Ray Schick on September 20, 2021 at 10:45pm 6 Comments

64 Coupe DeVille , while driving at 55-60 mph I have a oscillating rumble sound . Steering wheel does not shake or vibrate . Transmission mount looks good .Tires were replaced 2 years ago balanced and rebalanced recently. Axel bearings were just replaced, rear differential assembly was just replaced with a Posi track ,pinion bearings good. Fresh gear lube. Driveshaft checked and balanced the other day ,new center bearing installed and new bearing carrier assembly too. Trying to figure this…

Continue

1963 series 62 convertible transmission issue

Posted by Matthew VanDeWater on June 22, 2021 at 3:03pm 1 Comment

Hello I've been restoring a 63 for way to many years. Down to almost done, but have issue with trans linkage, when column in park shift rod 2 inches short. everything original. been trying to find picture of manual rod hooked up from under car to see position of linkage. was wondering if anybody has access for pictures. I wanted to see if my manual linkage is bent  wrong out of the trans if somebody dropped the trans or something. Doesn't make sense why it doesn't work. Thanks for any input…

Continue

New vehicle in the club

Posted by Patrick Westphal on June 17, 2021 at 4:00pm 1 Comment

I was successful in getting a vehicle from the New York contact I talked about at the last club meeting. I am still trying to figure out how to post a picture of the vehicle that is tied with this comment so if you see a random picture of a black convertible in a yard, that's me haha.  …

Continue

Torque converter grab when idling in Drive

Posted by Cliff Johnston on June 14, 2021 at 8:47pm 2 Comments

Hi Everyone, been quite a while since i have been on here.

I have had an issue with the idle on my 64 Coupe Deville ever since i have had it.

With the Idle set high enough that it is smooth, but still a nice idle, the RPM seems only slightly too high for the stall of the Torque Converter. And therefore it tends to sit there and grab and lunge a bit. So until now, i have been putting the car in Neutral at the lights to stop this happening.

I've had the car dyno tuned and…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2021   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service